Has anyone posted the character sheets from DDXP?

Walking Dad

First Post
You know any Wizard can take Mage spells, right?
Yes. But nethermancer/necromancer are still options for a Mage (an Essentials class / variant).
Saying that some of the rules are usable with non-essential characters doesn't make it less Essentials focused, IMHO. Note that I don't consider this a bad thing.
Also very interested to finally see your work in this book. I know you were involved with some of the races, did you design on some of the classes, too?

Klaus

First Post
I didn't work on the base classes. Can't say more until *they* say more. :)

If you look at the schools from HotFL, each school has about 15 powers, which any wizard can take. And then it has 3 or 4 class features for the appropriate Mage. So the bulk of any new school of magic is Wizard material.

Nullzone

Explorer
The Heroes of Shadow book will be "Essentials format" in the sense of how it breaks down the information within, but the material is meant to be adaptable to every class and build.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
So, did anyone sit a table with one of the WotC designers or developers? I heard that Chris Perkins, Mike Mearls, and others were playing Ashes of Athas, Living Forgotten Realms, etc.

What kind of PCs did they bring to the table? How was it to play with them?

Thanks,

Walking Dad

First Post
I didn't work on the base classes. Can't say more until *they* say more. :)
not base class... now I'm intrigued. Hope 'they' will give you soon green light.

If you look at the schools from HotFL, each school has about 15 powers, which any wizard can take. And then it has 3 or 4 class features for the appropriate Mage. So the bulk of any new school of magic is Wizard material.
Uhm, only if you the Mage also count as a wizard.

Pre-essential wizard -> new powers
Mage -> same powers and class features.

So the essential class gets more. (No problem for me, I start to prefer the essential classes :blush:)

The Heroes of Shadow book will be "Essentials format" in the sense of how it breaks down the information within, but the material is meant to be adaptable to every class and build.
More than the other 'Heroes of ...' books? And adaptable as in same of the feats and powers useful for pre-essential builds?

Hey, I like Essentials, but please try to say that there is no difference between pre- and after-essentials D&D.

Nullzone

Explorer
More than the other 'Heroes of ...' books? And adaptable as in same of the feats and powers useful for pre-essential builds?

Hey, I like Essentials, but please try to say that there is no difference between pre- and after-essentials D&D.

The way I termed it was almost verbatim how Mike Mearls explained it to us at DDXP; the book is meant to have something for everyone, but they want to deliver it "Essentials style" because they like how the information flows that way. If you want to start an Essentials fight, I'm out.

Walking Dad

First Post
The way I termed it was almost verbatim how Mike Mearls explained it to us at DDXP; the book is meant to have something for everyone, but they want to deliver it "Essentials style" because they like how the information flows that way. If you want to start an Essentials fight, I'm out.
No fight, I will take a look if there is any rule in it you cannot use with Essential characters.

Last words why I came to my above conclusion:
There were will be clearly rules not useful for a non-mage wizard (necromancer/nethermancer class features). But I will be (positively!) surprised if there are new Implement Masteries.

But now let's hope for more spoilers :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases