Has anyone posted the character sheets from DDXP?

Walking Dad

First Post

BTW, the whole they must be ashamed of their product meme is a bit ridiculous. If it was meant as satire, it fell flat. It came across as "WotC can't do anything right, so ergo, they must be hiding their incompetency."

There are plenty of reasons (not necessarily good ones) to keep things under wraps besides hiding bad workmanship.

My two coppers,
No, I wasn't serious. They actually do mostly good stuff, but their 'piracy panic' decisions start to alienate their customers.

But that still doesn't explain the 'no one shall see the beta' attitude. Do they really fear bad commentary so much they willing miss and opportunity for advertisement? Also most critic I has seen to their products was well-deserved and not rants (at least here and on their own forum).

The fine print of my post was actually more serious.

the Jester

Legend
Okay, but I also respect what they do and that they may have reasons for asking that. I'm not going to thumb my nose at WotC's own R&D team just because they haven't held me to a legally binding contract....

...All I know is what I was told. I'm sorry if my desire to respect their wishes offends anyone, and I will certainly not judge anyone who may have heard differently or who makes other choices in the matter; but they are not me, and I am not them. Please don't hold one person to another's standard.

Fair enough, and I respect where you're coming from. :)

Given that DDXP is pretty much a marketing tool, though, you'd expect that they want people to talk about this stuff.

As far as the DS preview and returning the materials, that's kind of different. They didn't ask anyone not to talk about it, just to return the stuff they were given to use. I think that's entirely reasonable.

AntlerDruid

Explorer
The Binder actually felt like a controller - no real striker damage package, but more multi-target and lots of forced movement.

Oh wow awesome!

Another player who had used the Binder said the Binder didn't have Eldritch Blast/Bolt but instead had a new at-will that was a Close Blast 2 Will targeting power.

Did the Binder have another at-will besides this Close Burst at-will?

Walking Dad

First Post
Oh wow awesome!

Another player who had used the Binder said the Binder didn't have Eldritch Blast/Bolt but instead had a new at-will that was a Close Blast 2 Will targeting power.

Did the Binder have another at-will besides this Close Burst at-will?
onder what the new 'fluff' will be. The old Binders bound vestiges, but how relates this to shadow?

gyor

Legend
So far this is what I have gathered about the Blackguard. He has lots of ways to burn hp for extra damage but weather these are stances like the slayer or some kind of minor at wills I don't know maybe some one here can answer that question. One of them deals extra damage if you have ca. The blackguard has a daily that summons an imp that grants ca. He does not appear to have a attack dailies. He has two atwill attack powers that he can add his encounters to just like a cavalier. One atwill grant temp points like boostering strike and the other does extra damage for eack adjucst enemy. Encounter deals necro/cold 5 with another 5 ongoing with a hit(frost builds).
Oh and he has some other abities to grant temp hp to himself. I don't know if this a utility power or class feature. Same with the imp except I better I am betting the imp is a class feature to mirror the Cavalaries summon mount abilities. If it is I hope thier are feats for better fiendish servants as well. I got this info off the net. Anyone else want to add somethimg to that? Did I leave anything out?

jdcash

First Post
There is precedence for this at D&DXP. Last year before the release of Dark Sun they had a preview of it and the players were not allowed to take the character sheets with them and DMs were responsible for returning all the materials they were given when they were done.

This is not entirely true. Chris Tulach was my DM for the Dark Sun preview and we all took our character sheets with us. I still have the one of the Mul (as well as the Blackguard from this year). Also, I was not given any instruction in the least to not show people the character sheet.

keterys

First Post
We were allowed to take our character sheets. If you have a character sheet... there were no restrictions placed on sharing the information. The one I have is the Executioner, which was already posted in Dragon, so there's no point to me sharing it.

At one point in the adventure, the Binder did bind a rogue spirit - it gave him the ability to add a die of damage to any attack as, I believe, an encounter ability, and each time he used the ability he had to make a save or lose control of it (which may have been something specific to the adventure - I believe it was his character goal to take control of the spirit)

AntlerDruid

Explorer
We were allowed to take our character sheets. If you have a character sheet... there were no restrictions placed on sharing the information. The one I have is the Executioner, which was already posted in Dragon, so there's no point to me sharing it.

At one point in the adventure, the Binder did bind a rogue spirit - it gave him the ability to add a die of damage to any attack as, I believe, an encounter ability, and each time he used the ability he had to make a save or lose control of it (which may have been something specific to the adventure - I believe it was his character goal to take control of the spirit)

Did the Binder have 2 at-will powers and no regular warlock encounter powers?

Remove ads