Has anyone posted the character sheets from DDXP?

AntlerDruid

Explorer
Blast it. Twice per encounter means it doesn't have real encounter powers you can choose from, which is a disappointment for me.

I don't think any of the new builds/classes will have the multiple Encounter powers like the Pre-Essentials classes did. Looks like 1st & 3rd lvl powers will be now "locked in".

Hopefully there will be a way to trade those out for other Encounter powers from the original classes in DDI upcoming articles.

Neverfate

First Post
Blast it. Twice per encounter means it doesn't have real encounter powers you can choose from, which is a disappointment for me.

I on the other hand can't wait. Also, that one power could be vice specific.

The design mentality is to design one good power so you eliminate the literally dozens of say fighter powers that DON'T get picked at each level.

Though I admit this too has met with varying degrees of success. Thieves are amazing, but hexblades not so much (great flavor though).

Anyone know if the Revenant's secondary ability score? Dark Reaping get upgraded? (instead of the near need to replace it with a feat tax)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Anyone know if the Revenant's secondary ability score? Dark Reaping get upgraded? (instead of the near need to replace it with a feat tax)
In keeping with the theme, they should get Con and a choice of whatever their past life race has as their 'constant' stat. I don't expect to be thrilled.

gyor

Legend
The Essentials encounter powers have, thus far, been listed as class features without level. As such the MC swap feats can't be applied to them.

Wow that will need to fixed at some point. So the blackguard won't be able to trade out encounter powers or dailies that leaves just utilities I guess. It sounds like the love child of the thief slayer cavalier and executioner.

Anyway I have some ideas for builds for the blackguard.

First off with the importance of ca and encounter cold damage frost cheese is a must for most builds.

First build half elf mc barbarian for frenzied bezerker. Dilitantee power twin strike. Deal your striker damage two plus you can add your encounter power to it as well. Not sure if each hit would do the 5 necrotic/cold dmg but the odds of hitting it once to deal the ongoing dmg increases. The barbarian mc is so that you have at least one cool nova you can use the bezerkers daily 7w damage plus a basic attack if it attempts to hit you.
Not sure what epc destiny would be best for this built the primal feat that lets you regain a daily once a day would go sweet with this build.

I call build 2 defender of Dark Clouds. Human extra atwill ardent strike allows him to divine sanction atwill as well as on a charge. Can add his encounter to ardent strike for a marking encounter and he can add divine sanction feats and utilities for more defendary stuff. Suggested weapon would be thundergod hammer for extra damage and the thunder key word to charges. Horned helm would be good as well.

Versitle Blackguard or the Many faces of Vice. Changeling blackguard. Dynamic weapon and imposters armer. Chemeloen pp to add choice to you encounter powers and dailies. Planeshifter for more versitlity. Imiating strike twice in an encounter means you can copy the encounter from two different allies every encounter and you can switch which encounters every short rest. Ride a manticore mount for extra choices in the attack. In the rc even while ridden mounts have thier own free actions and spending an action point is a free action which means by raw the manticore can use his action points. Mc baruva warlord to give him extra attacks. Heck you. even get summon stead just dismount the manticore and because he is sentient tell him to fight at your side and ride a silver dragon..

gyor

Legend
I don't think any of the new builds/classes will have the multiple Encounter powers like the Pre-Essentials classes did. Looks like 1st & 3rd lvl powers will be now "locked in".

Hopefully there will be a way to trade those out for other Encounter powers from the original classes in DDI upcoming articles.

The necromancer and nethermancers are mages which means that they get to choice encounters like other wizards.

The blackguard won't get to choose encounters and it doesn't get dailies, the Mancers get both, No ones said what the spiritbinder gets but I don't think they get locked in. I don't think they are even hexblades so this maybe a build seperate from both Warlocks and Hexblades. That means that there maybe a hexblade as well. It is listed as well in descripttion for the book.

Warpriest of death is well designed still like a selfish warpriest. Hints suggest the Vampire maybe AEDU because it is mutlticlass friendly and you get to have something to trade away to get get powers from another class. The assassin appears to be a recycled executioner to almost universal disappointment to those wanting a pure shadow class and new assassin build. It might not be the only assassin of course. There was a hint that their maybe another unknown class in the book and if so it maybe AEDU.

AntlerDruid

Explorer
There was a hint that their maybe another unknown class in the book and if so it maybe AEDU.

Yeah one of the designers did say there is an all Shadow class in the book he made but didn't reveal anything else.

I would love to see a Shadowcaster like they had in 3.5.

Since the Binder no longer has Eldritch Blast/bolt but gets a new Close Blast, I wonder if they get another At-will or if they get some other ability. It sounds like the Binder is leaned toward controller with sliding/pushing powers which is awesome - It also sounded like they don't get Curse or a Striker dmg bonus consistently but can bind a spirit to get a Striker bonus if they choose.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases