Has anyone posted the character sheets from DDXP?

keterys

First Post
First off with the importance of ca and encounter cold damage frost cheese is a must for most builds.

First build half elf mc barbarian for frenzied bezerker. Dilitantee power twin strike.

I wonder what WotC thinks when they read stuff like this - I somehow suspect they're designing the new Essentials stuff without the intention that it be mixed with things like frost cheese and half-elf twin strike - heck, they don't even have multiclass feats in essentials, but they wouldn't want to outright say something to stop people from doing it.

twilsemail

First Post
I wonder what WotC thinks when they read stuff like this - I somehow suspect they're designing the new Essentials stuff without the intention that it be mixed with things like frost cheese and half-elf twin strike - heck, they don't even have multiclass feats in essentials, but they wouldn't want to outright say something to stop people from doing it.

I'm pretty sure they wince whenever they see pretty much any optimization.

Hyperbole said:
Charoper: Alright so I'm a half-orc Psion who's MCed into Psion for...
MM: *Headdesk* *Headdesk* *Broken desk*

I'm sure they've learned a lesson about glass topped desks by now... or not checking the charop forums.

OT: I'm really looking forward to this book and expecting it to add a lot to game as a whole. The few times I've said that I've not been disappointed... so here's to hoping that trend continues...

gyor

Legend

We don't know what the class features are beyond 4th level or even what the other vices do so the blackguard is likely to be buffed especially since her doesn't get dailies. I am excited to see what these are.

gyor

Legend
I'm sooo stupid. I assumed that because people said the it played like an essentials material class and that the character lacked a daily power that it was like a shadow/divine slayer. I totally missed that the cavalier it in class nemisis don't get daily powers at level one eiother it does get a daily atlevel five however one level higher then ddxps blackguard. The blackguards features. mirror the cavaliers. Instead of aura a damage boosting hit point burning syriker feature. Instead of mark punishment feature it get a bonus damage when it has ca. Instead of shielding another it gathers shadows to itself to shield him himself by temp hitpoints and partial concealment. Like the cavalier its level 2 utiity power is probably determined by vice or virtue. On this case temps and bonus defenses. Summon Mount is replaced by servant of vice. My bet is like the feats for the summoned mount the servant of vice to hencefor be called sov has upgrade feats one set to siulate the fiendish servant of 3.5 and another to simulate create undead. The former giving you devil servant such as succubi and maybe at epic pit fiends, while the latter gives undead servant of vice like Skull Lord and Wrights or maybe wraiths and shadows.

The next level is where a blackguard would gain its daily attack power. It also seems that the blackguard is the toughest striker yet. So far little mobility compared to rogues, warlocks, and even assasins and or slayers, but the sheer abuse both self and foes afflicted that the backguard can take makes the backguard the most mascokistic striker yet. It also the only striker that I kbow of the could not only act as a secondary defender, but thanks to divine sanction as the primary defender as well especially in the case of humans is interesting. With the right feats and utility powers they could even make passable secondary leaders. A party of Blacguards woud not need any other classes to be survivable.

As to the question of weather the necromancers/ nethermancers shadow servant power= sucks because it doesn't give you a horde add the archmage ed. Summon shadow skeletons and shadow beasts that last all day as an encounter power. 1 short rest=one servant. 10 short rests equals 10 shadow servants more with anything that restores encounter powers No rule again taking a dozen short rests in a row.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
One question I have about the Blackguard from those who went to DDXP: Could either of his at-will powers be used on a charge?

So far no one said, we don't what the other vice gets for an at will either. Still with a human you can take anormal paladin atwill one of which is used in place of a basic attack, another can be used on a charge, while another can be used in place of a basic attack with power of skill feat. Half elves can just take howling strike as thier free dilettent power. An iteresting thing to note the Vryloka just shown would make a great blackguard.

gyor

Legend
Or a great cavalier. Dragonborn blackguard for the win!

True Vryloka would make a good cavalier, it would be a strange mix, the virtue loving Cavalier with his radiance powers and the vampire like Vryloka. Actually I'm pretty pleased with the Vryloka's flavour. Instead of stealing the vamps or damps flavour the have thier own. The Vryloka aren't vampires, they don't seem to need blood to survive, they can walk around during the day just fine, yet they still gain vampire like power and can learn to draw substance from a foes death. Thier not related to vampires either like the dampyr either, its more like they used magic to steal the power of vampires. They're a race that survives by immatiating vampires.

Remove ads