D&D 3E/3.5 (3.5) official tokens

toasty

First Post
I'm looking for a set of official monster tokens for D&D 3.5. I know there are tokens for the monsters in the monster manuals for 3.5 that can be punched-out from sheets, and I've looked everywhere but I cannot find them. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm looking for a set of official monster tokens for D&D 3.5. I know there are tokens for the monsters in the monster manuals for 3.5 that can be punched-out from sheets, and I've looked everywhere but I cannot find them. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
Are you sure there are monster tokens for 3.5?

As far as I know, WotC only started releasing monster tokens in 4e. The following products included some:
- Starter Set (pre-Essentials)
- Red Box
- Monster Vault
- DM Set

Any reason why they have to be 'official' or '3.5'?

Monster tokens, imho, are pretty much edition-safe. Also, the monster tokens from Fiery Dragon are looking great, too!

jedavis

First Post
I know the 3.0 starter box came with tokens; I still use them actively. There were also a number of issues of Dungeon that came with tokens; looking at them, I think they were for 3.0 as well, since some of the monsters aren't square (even in the last set that I have, the ankheg is 5 feet by 10 feet). I believe that there was also an issue of Dragon shortly following the 3.5 release that came with tokens of dragons of various colors in the new 3.5 square dimensions, but my family kept the Dragon collection when I left for college, so I can't confirm.

But yeah, I don't know if the 3.5 MM came with tokens, or where to find some if it did. We just kept using the 3.0 MM and the SRD.

Or, just roll your own. Pull art down from the SRD, slap a border and some numbers on it, print it, cut it out, and stick it on a washer. Boom. While I haven't actually done this, I did build a library of pogs for GameTable with most of the SRD monsters in a couple of days over the summer. Wasn't hard, was kind of fun, and now if I do need tokens for a beastie that I don't have, I can just print and cut out the pog (the washer seems kind of like overkill; I have other paper-only tokens that I use sometimes, and the lack of weight is usually non-problematic).

toasty

First Post
Any reason why they have to be 'official' or '3.5'?
I say official just because I know I can make my own at any given time. I would just like the ones that I've seen before and know exist. I've seen them well before 4e came out so I knew that they were likely for 3; the '3.5' in my post is actually irrelevant in this case and was a specification better left out in hindsight (it's just the version I'm using, apologies).

I know the 3.0 starter box came with tokens;
That sounds close to what I'm talking about. I distinctly remember a buddy of mine had a huge amount of monster tokens. It seemed that there was at least one for every monster in the Monster Manual. I'm mostly certain they weren't homemade, but rather they were punched through a larger sheet. Perhaps one that came out of a supplement?

3.5 was intended to advance the minis line so I don't think they did much with tokens.

Here is a thread focused on tokens.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/art-ga...ainting/225315-sources-images-use-tokens.html
Thanks for the thread. I actually found that searching for tokens. It will provide me with plenty of resources should I choose to make my own.

Thanks again for the helpful responses. I hope you guys can continue to help.

Jhaelen

First Post
I distinctly remember a buddy of mine had a huge amount of monster tokens. It seemed that there was at least one for every monster in the Monster Manual.
If this really was before the monster tokens in the 4e Essentials products by WotC came out, then they must have been produced by a third party company.

Have you looked at the Fiery Dragon tokens?
I'm pretty sure they've offered full sets of tokens for 3e.

toasty

First Post
These are the closest I've seen yet. They all appear to be labeled 4e, but I never knew monsters were largely version safe (in appearance, anyways. I haven't really gone outside 3/3.5), I might just buy 4e tokens instead. Thanks a lot, man.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases