Fallen of Obsidian Twilight: Calix Sabinus

Endzeitgeist

First Post
Note: If you have the Obsidian Twilight Campaign Setting, DON'T BUY THIS! It only duplicates content from that setting and can be considered a preview.

This pdf is 10 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page SRD, and 3 pages of ads, leaving 5 pages of content.

The pdf portrays one of the major players of the Obsidian Twilight setting, Calix Sabinus, the CR 35 vampire-lich lord and quite possibly the most powerful entity in the blasted, cataclysmic land of the Obsidian Twilight setting. While I vastly prefer this stat-block to e.g. the one of Asi Magnor, Calix's melee capabilities somehow left something to be desired for me. Yes, his vast arsenal of spells and abilities make him deadly and his nature makes him almost unkillable, but he is a fragile enemy and I'm not entirely sure he should be.

Once again, his magic items, while this time iconic, are nothing to write home about at this power-level.
However, in contrast to Asi Magnor, we get a glorious full-color 1-page illustration of the vampire-lord, which is great to show off to your PCs.

Conclusion: I liked this one better than the Asi Magnor write-up, but it still left me wondering whether Calix Sabinus could stand against a group of lvl 20 PCs. Due to the low price and the gorgeous artwork, I'll settle for a final score of 3 stars.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases