The Invasion of Baskrant (southbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard closes his spellbook with an annoyed look on his face. He closes his eyes and whispers, "A strong-willed horse bests me. How shameful." The mage advances into the fray and raises his hand. He booms "Very well, you shall have my full onslaught!"

His allies see nothing unusual happen, but the hobgoblin fighters and their warhorses clearly do - they all shriek in anguish simultaneously. The horses shake off their riders and bolt in a panic down the bridge, knocking themselves prone at the edge. One hobgoblin does likewise, wiping at his eyes in pain. The last hobgoblin runs right off the edge of the bridge, only realizing too late that it is ill-advised to run with your eyes closed.

OOC: Lenard just pushed the hobgoblins and their horses a great deal. See sblock for details.

If Sapo Toa is targeting the rider with forced movement and not the horse at the same time, then the rider can choose for his horse to move with him. Also, large creatures have to be knocked entirely off the edge to fall. So she'll need to slide 2 to push the rider or horse off the bridge (and they'd get a save, as CaBaNa pointed out).

[sblock=Lenard stat block / actions]Move: Walk to D4.

Standard: Beguiling Strands, blast 5 from E2 to I6, catching the warhorses and the hobgobs. It hits all of them (nice rolls!). 3 of 4 make their saves to not get knocked off the bridge - they're knocked prone at the edge instead.
Warhorse (F3) takes 5 psychic damage, is pushed to I0, and is knocked prone.
Hobgob (F3) takes 5 psychic damage and is pushed to K8. He fails his save to catch himself, so he's knocked off the bridge.
Warhorse (I3) takes 5 psychic damage, is pushed to L6, and is knocked prone.
Hobgob (I3) takes 5 psychic damage, is pushed to K1, and is knocked prone.

PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Robe of Avoidance, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Seconded

YES! FLEE!
Shouts an over-excited Kamotz, looking down, the wolf like features twist into what seems like disappointment. Kamotz head snaps up, and he calls after the enemies. Wait! I'm not bleeding heavily yet! Come back aND HIT ME!
the shifter doesn't wait for his enemies to return however, instead he bounds after them, predator to their prey!

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Sapo jumps high into the air, kicking the rider out of the saddle and off the bridge, the horse itself looks a lot less scary now.

The onslaught from Lenard blasts one warhorse straight through the barricade destroying it, the horse manages to get its bearings and stop from going off the side. The companion on the other side doesn't grip onto their horse hard enough and when the mighty animal grips onto the horse he goes flying. The other hobgoblin finds his neck broken when the horse stops suddenly.

OOC: at that point, the riders had 22 ac due to their phalanx which is now broken so they now have 20, well he does.

Please roll saves for my monsters as Dekana did as it is useful in saving time.

Sorry, no they didn't take the 5 damage, that has been changed.

That is how much health they have left so you can tell if you kill a bad guy.

Yes, I believe so- why is there a problem with damage?

Map updated.

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]

Hobgoblin soldier: AC 20 (22) , Fort 18, Reflex 16, Will 16
Soldier A- dead
Soldier B- dead

Hobgoblin Archer: AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 13
Archer A - dead
Archer B- 39hp

Warhorse- AC 17, Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
Warhorse A & B- 36 & 48hp

Riding Horse- 14AC, 15 Fortitude, 13 Reflex, 10 Will
Riding Horse A & B- 29. 29hp

[/sblock]

[sblock=heroes health]
Kamotz 15 out of 35
Sapo 16/38
vimak 19/49
[/sblock]

Attachments

• bridge map4.jpeg
    bridge map4.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 180

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION] - Warhorse B's attack vs. Vimak should have triggered Siv's Shocking Feedback, but it doesn't look like it was applied. I've rolled it in the actions below. If you already rolled it and it missed, please disregard.

Vimak, Kamotz, and Alnar all have +1 to hit and +3 damage till MyEONT!

Siveris fires on one horse as it kicks Vimak, burying a crossbow bolt in its neck, then charges forward as the beasts begin to lose their group cohesion. "Looks like all that's left is to finish off these galloping brutes. This should be fun," the gnome snickers as he fires off another bolt into one of the warhorses.

As he reloads, he taps Kamotz's knee to get the shifter's attention. "You look a little unsteady on your legs friend. Here, drink this," Siv says handing over a small vial full of crimson fluid.

[sblock=Siveris' Actions and Stats]Immediate Reaction = :ranged:Shocking Feedback vs. Warhorse B = hit for 11 damage, and Vimak gained resist 5 all till my EONT.

Move = to G4

Standard = :ranged:Magic Weapon vs. Warhorse A = hits for 10 damage; and Vimak, Kamotz, and Alnar all get +1 to hit and +3 damage till my EONT

Minor = :close:Healing Infusion = Kamotz regains 12 HP without spending a surge

[sblock=statblock]Siveris Smythe - Level 4 Gnome Artificer (assassin)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15, Init: +3
AC: 20, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 17
Speed: 5
HP: 40/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +4 vs AC, 1d4-1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Poisoned Hand Crossbow +1: +6 vs. AC, 1d6+2 dmg, Range 10/20 (bolts: 76)
Powers-
Magic Weapon, Aggravating Force, Assassin's Shroud 1 2
Fade Away, Ghost Sound, Healing Infusion, Healing Infusion, Halo of Thorns, Shocking Feedback
Caustic Rampart, Restorative Infusion
Addergrease Leather Armor, Poisoned Hand Crossbow, Bloodstinger Poison x 3, Woundpatch x 3, Antivenom x 1, Slow Step Oil x 1
Combat notes: [/sblock][/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 5

Vimak carefully circles the warhorse, which easily evades his attack. Drawing quickly a rune into the thin air provides him at least some healing and some protection for his allies.

[sblock=ooc]

free: change damage to lightning.
move: right x4, up to K2 (assuming he is now next to warhorse A)
standard: Word of Diminishment (destruction) vs warhorse A
minor: Rune of mending (Protection) on himself
Vimak and each ally in the burst gain a + 1 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn.

---

Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection (active)
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 14 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 36 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Drinking the offered infusion, Kamotz grimaces at the taste, then feels the healing begin to knit his wounds. The shifter's head snaps toward Siveris, You tricked me! Now I'm not bleeding at all! upset by his lack of wounds, Kamotz walks to the closest warhorse, grabs it's reins, and swings atop the beast casually. It happens to be the horse Siveris and Vimak are attacking.

This is mine! states the shifter, hoping for an argument. He makes eye-contact with Vimak, and Siveris as he says this, circling the horse around as if daring the two to continue their attacks.

[sblock=OOC]

Thanks for the update and all the answers. Nothing is wrong with the damage that hasn't already been addressed and corrected.

Move to warhorse A

Minor grab reins

Standard Mount warhorse

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Initiative +1 Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception20 Senses Low-Light
HP32/35 Bloodied 17 Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 22 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 16
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Strength From Valor, Call of Challenge
Daily: Blood of the Mighty

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo approaches the archer rider and attempts another acrobatic attack, using her staff to raise herslef at the height of her enemy, and with her legs holding the staff, she reaches for the archer, throws him off balance, and hops on the horse, all in one fluid movement.

OOC: Move to adjacent archer
Using Dragon's tail: If hit, swap places with target, and knock it prone; leaving Sapo on the horse and the hobo on the ground, prone.

Last edited:

Remove ads