Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sloor looks from one to the other, so lost in the sudden alienness of his human companions that he even forgets to correct Darius on his use of *frekking names!*: "'Nawthing else taw the prawject'? What the frek? Have you spirks been sleeping fawr the past three days awr what? Have *I* just wawken up? I said it nawt three hawers agaw, spirks: the Tibanna's what's *feeding* the- the Thing. (Prawbably snacks awn healthy helpings awf the slave's labawr too.) All we're seeing here, right naw is the frekking *supply line* fawr the true, the real, the actual marbling- Thing!"

Darius is unruffled.

"Exactly," he replies with maddening calmness. "The trail now leads away from Darga. We now need to follow the supply line of Tibanna to find the thing we're looking for."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack shrugs, "It is puzzling, ain't it, buddy? I still am trying to figure out why she is not putting two and two together and coming after us. She could have tried removing us from the negotiating table if she recognized us, no?"

"Hmmm, I don't know. I am not very good at espionage and I don't think she would sleep with me either to reveal secrets during pillow talk. Give me a target to assault and I know what I am doing."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
And we're back! :cool: :cool:
"Exactly," he replies with maddening calmness. "The trail now leads away from Darga. We now need to follow the supply line of Tibanna to find the thing we're looking for."
"Awh..." A friendly thump on top of the jedi's shoulder. "You had me scared for a tick there, Darius man! I was thinking..." A total social disconnect, almost. Alright, back to it then: "But you ain't planning far enawgh ahead, I'm thinking: we still dan't knaw *exactly* where the plant is... Granted a little research can prawbably nab us that bit, but frek if it wouldn't be a thawsand times easier if we're *invited* instead awf re-starting frawm square awne! Think abawt it: we gawt a gawd cawnnectian with the frecsing *owner* awf the place, fawr frekking awt lawud, let's nawt just thraw it away fawr naw frekking reason..."

<Response Darius, any?>

Mack shrugs, "It is puzzling, ain't it, buddy? I still am trying to figure out why she is not putting two and two together and coming after us. She could have tried removing us from the negotiating table if she recognized us, no?"
"What would she have said? 'Your mercs wawrked fawr sawmebawdy else befawre'? I'm frekking hawping that there ain't any clear cawnectians between- the spirks invawlved that an awtsider can see. Watch that stawp." Lightly pointing it out.

OOC: Let's remember that Organna's connection to the Rebels is not known/proven. It was probably what Victra was there to investigate (and failed to find), so linking that 2 and that 2 might actually require at least a quadratic. :)

"Hmmm, I don't know. I am not very good at espionage and I don't think she would sleep with me either to reveal secrets during pillow talk. Give me a target to assault and I know what I am doing."
"Yeah, well," sloor smiles ruefully and shrugs at the same time, putting a hand on the ex-SWAT's shoulder, "it's a bit new taw me as well, Reb-" And here he swallows Mack's old nickname, fairly secure ride or not -- and Mack probably heard it echoing in his head anyways: 'Rebellian baw'. A breath in, a strong breath out... (Suddenly missing chewing on one of his old smokesticks (*got* to get a dozen packs of *those* while they're on planet! Those stoggies were nice at first, but...)) "Thinking abawt it thawgh, I wouldn't put taw much weight awn the 'private meet' plan myself, sawrry taw say: puts all the chawices in *her* hands: she can say naw, she can ask taw change the meet site, she can frecsing *prepare* befawrehand any frecsing way she wants! Naw, I'm thinking awers *awnly* gawd awptians here are either Turn Back (and put all awer chips awn the Darga/Tibanna cawnnectian), Follow (and frekking *hawpe* she leads us sawmewhere interesting), awr Kidnap (with all the prawblems I listed five beats agaw)." He looks from one to the other, sort of hoping they have some magical solution that will make them all go: 'Of course! That's what we'll do!'. Because frek if *he* does!

OOC: Since we've been on pause for a few days, here's a recap on things I'm presently awaiting answers on:
[MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION]:
- Question to Captain O'Keefe about other Rebellion-friendly ships in the region (here).
- Darius is checking to see if the tracker we planted on the two jedis frozen in carbonite has moved (here). Have they?
- Can we tell which way the imperials are heading by the path they've travelled so far? (also here)

[MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION]:
I was sort of expecting a reply from Mir on the "Nothing else to gain" part of the conversation?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack smirks at the besalisk, briefly as his eyes return to the road, surprised he wasn't just called Blondy.

But as for a plan, he can only shrug, "Nope, still got nothing here except overt violence or snatch and grab."

"We still don't know what we are doing to get those frozen items loose either."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

possum

First Post
And we're back! :cool: :cool:

OOC: Since we've been on pause for a few days, here's a recap on things I'm presently awaiting answers on:
[MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION]:
- Question to Captain O'Keefe about other Rebellion-friendly ships in the region (here).
- Darius is checking to see if the tracker we planted on the two jedis frozen in carbonite has moved (here). Have they?
- Can we tell which way the imperials are heading by the path they've travelled so far? (also here)

[MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION]:
I was sort of expecting a reply from Mir on the "Nothing else to gain" part of the conversation?

GM: *Okeefe states that you are the only known Rebellion agents in the system
*The trackers left on the Carbonite slabs are still right where you left them, according to the scans
*They are headed to the southern outskirts of the city.

Mir searches through the Force, but is unable to come up with anything good or bad about the upcoming events.

Mack is able to keep a respectable distance for the most part, but there are a couple of moments in which he almost loses the Imperial speeder while navigating the streets.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
(In the palace corridors)
Okeefe states that you are the only known Rebellion agents in the system
"Well it was a thawght anyways. Keep you infawrmed as much as we can." He's about to hang up, before thinking better of it at the last second (even with the metallic outline of the courtyard's side-door quickly approaching now): "You taw alright awver there?" By which he means her and Mizza. (TB would sharply remind him that Crash is a person too - droid or not - but TB's not here right now, is it?)

<Response Okeefe?>

OOC: Holding on the rest til my character actually knows about it. :)

possum

First Post
"We're dong find here, but I think I may have to step out to restock the conservator," Okeefe says over the comlink. "That slave you bought and freed has been going through and eating me out of ship and stern. Especially the meats. Sloor, what in the hells were they feeding those slaves?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases