Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive - Page 100





+ Log in or register to post
Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1231
  1. #991
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,562
    Blog Entries
    47

    ° Ignore Dr Simon
    Darius almost feels a sense of anticlimax, but reminds himself that this side matter with bargaining on behalf of Darga is a distraction from the real mission. He passes a small shrug and a quizzical look in the direction of Sloor on the assumption that the besalisk always has a plan of some kind.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

 

  • #992
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,449

    ° Ignore Binder Fred
    Sloor returns it: well it went well, what are you going to do?

    "Gawd wawrk, Demaws man," compliments the big alien with a whisper and a shake of the little blue guy's shoulder. "We make a frekking gawd team!" But then, so much for Darga's 'catch him doing something traitorous' operation...

    What's next? Figuring out *which* refinery Darga's using on Bespin? Getting those two spirks out of the basement somehow? (Of course - a spike of wry humour at the back of his avian brain as he takes his wide brown eyes off the negotiator's retreating back for just a second, surveying the throne room and the reactions of those within it - there's still plenty of time for the roof to cave in, ain't it?)

    OOC: Perception on high for Sloor and TB until the negotiator leaves. 1d20+3=10, 1d20+9=11. Hm, well, never mind then.

    Assuming the roof does *not* cave in during that time:
    "Well that cinches it." He turns to face the reclining crime lord, holding what's left of the Tiharr up high in triumphant salute: "Cangratulatians, Nawble Awne! You've wan this awne hands dawn! A hand! A hand fawr the Nawble Lawrd!" and he starts clapping with his own lower set.

    OOC: Trying to get an ovation going from the gathered crowd. Shouldn't be too hard, considering they're all working for the guy.
    <Response Darga?>

    Just then Sloor notices the flashing light on his comm...
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #993
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    Mir loos from Mack to the lady negotiator. She turns back to Mack and with a nod replies in a quiet voice, "Trouble indeed. If she is an Imperial, then she could know a lot. And if she is the one that talks to our friend there, he may know more about us as well."

    ((Not sure what kind of check one would make to recall the woman and what she might have been doing at Organa's))

    Mir watches the rest of the negotiations and watches as Sloor does some magical work in convincing an Agent of the Empire to give in on her demands of Darga. She looks to Mack again and whispers, "I bet someone will have explaining to do to her superiors."

    Once Sloor is done basking in his rightfully earned acheivment she motions to the beasalisk over... "Seems our negotatior was at our employer's while we were there..."

  • #994
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,449

    ° Ignore Binder Fred
    At the first opportunity for a quiet chat (I'm guessing somewhere after the applause and Darga's response?), Sloor goes to join Mir and Mack:
    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    "Seems our negotatior was at our employer's while we were there..."
    "Hm?" A mildly confused frown: 'Employer's'? Can't be Darga with that past tense... On the frecsing corvette..? No- She can't mean- Sloor mimes a goatee, eyes wide.

    <Assuming a positive:
    His first thought, strangely enough, is: I did all that frekking negotiating for *nothing*? But, no, that makes no frekking sense either: why spoof a frekking imperial negotiator? And if the Organa man had somebody *that* deep in imperial territory, what's the point of sending *them* to... "Her *sister*?"

    Grasping at stars.

    <Response Mir and Mack?>

    OOC: And, yes, Sloor's next question is going to be where, when and what the woman was doing when they saw her at Bail's... Possum?
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Saturday, 22nd September, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #995
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ° Ignore possum
    She seemed to be an aide for Organa in the palace.

  • #996
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    "As an aide of some sort, if I recall correctly." Mir comments.

    "I do not know why she did not call us out for what we are doing. Maybe she is just not sure and is trying to put all the pieces together before she does anything about us. That said, when we are out of this, we need to send a warning."

    "Lets get this over with and talk much more privately." Mir suggests.

    Unless stopped she returns with the others to Darga's presence. She is sure that Sloor's skill at negotiations has pleased the Hutt. But, she lets Darga's actions and words tell how his reaction.

  • #997
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,283
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller

    Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

    Mack doesn't have to worry about his facial expressions, content to let his voice carry into his companions' ear-bud commlinks as well.

    "Definitely feeling uncomfortable here. Twin sisters? But, I don't get why an Imp mole would then be given such a position out here a few weeks later either."

    "Hmmm, our buddy is not exactly in open rebellion, so she might have been a routine watchdog for the Imperial Security. Maybe we should get her alone and... question her."

    Mini Stats
    DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
    HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
    Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot
    ___________________________________

    Mack Granger
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #998
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,449

    ° Ignore Binder Fred
    (Before)
    Sloor's sense of hungry anticipation slowly fades as - the negotiator - and her guards - just - simply - walk - out... and disappear at the end of the corridor. Imagine that!

    "Well that cinches it." He turns to face the reclining crime lord, thrusting what's left of the Tiharr up high [etc]

    (Now)
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Definitely feeling uncomfortable here. Twin sisters? But, I don't get why an Imp mole would then be given such a position out here a few weeks later either."
    An answering nod of agreement from Sloor. "Aw'keefe'll knaw mawre," he mentions somewhat distractedly, obviously still trying to unravel this most recent mess in his mind. She *has* been working for the spirk for a lot longer than they have... A knot is slowly forming in the pit of his stomach though: Too long, too long to get that info: they need to do something *now*! "TB, could you fawllaw awer guests awt? Make sure they get awn their shuttle alright, that's your awfficial reasan. *And* grab me a pic awf her awn your hawlaw cam while you're at it."

    The droid dips down and silently glides out, accelerating when it gets out of immediate sight from those in the room.

    Frek! TB thinks it's serious enough to skip the wise-ass comments... And then there's the freshly-bought system tracker it's carrying in its cargo box. It might be worth it to-

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Hmmm, our buddy is not exactly in open rebellion, so she might have been a routine watchdog for the Imperial Security. Maybe we should get her alone and... question her."
    A grim nod: "It might have taw-"

    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    "Lets get this over with and talk much more privately." Mir suggests.
    "Gawd thawght," agrees Sloor with a quick, quiet look around. Still, he holds her back from rejoining Darga's presence just yet, hand on her upper arm and leaning down closer for privacy: "Was she there at the - cantract negawtiatians, sra? Daw you remember?" How much does she know about us, is the question (he only remembers the caamasi, guards... and frekking servants! Was she one of them?). Still, "We *are* a merc company, after all." If that's all she thinks they are...

    Merc company with ties to a suspected Rebellion sympathizer is bad enough. Merc company hired to break out a known traitor and blow up an imperial outpost in the process? Well...

    <Response Mir/Mack?>

    OOC: *Was* she present at the meeting, Possum?

    TB will follow the imperial representatives, not really hiding but not standing out either (look inconspicuous with a Take 10 on Stealth: 18). Its video recorder is on at all times during this time, transmitting to Sloor's datapadad per their standard "recon mission" protocol.


    OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Mack doesn't have to worry about his facial expressions, content to let his voice carry into his companions' ear-bud commlinks as well.
    Nice try but we don't have earbud-coms, Perrin. At least Sloor doesn't (never noted any such thing on my character sheet).
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Sunday, 23rd September, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #999
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,283
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller

    Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier



    Mack shrugs, "I don't remember what she was doing exactly. We were there a few days, but..."

    "Right, we are mercs. We could approach her for some private discussions on future contracts or ask about potential bounties. The our girl here, does her thing and gets her to spill everything."

    Mini Stats
    Mack Granger
    DP:
    4 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
    HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
    Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #1000
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ° Ignore possum
    OOC: She was just around the palace, working as an aide. She was not present at any meetings between yourselves and Organa.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. All Rogues Game: Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy
      By Hobo in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th December, 2012, 12:07 AM
    2. Replies: 190
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 02:43 AM
    3. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    4. Replies: 1071
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th March, 2011, 06:56 PM
    5. Encounters in a wretched hive of scum and villainy?
      By Ambrus in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th August, 2007, 05:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •