Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive - Page 101





  1. #1001
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,597
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Darius saunters over and cathces the end of that conversation.

    "So you recognised her too?" he says. "An unusual change in career, wouldn't you say? My guess would be she was spying on our, ah, original employer for the Imperials. But I think we should return to our quarters for a more private conversation." He glances meaningfully at the throne.

    OOC

    I'm still here. Without a communicator, and seperated from the group, Darius hasn't had much of a chance to say much until now. Not that he talks a lot anyway
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

 

  • #1002
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,491
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Binder Fred
    OOC: I'm going to assume that Mir fills us in on her memories of the negotiator somewhere around here (?).
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Right, we are mercs. We could approach her for some private discussions on future contracts or ask about potential bounties. The our girl here, does her thing and gets her to spill everything."
    Sloor, somewhat more relaxed after Mir's answer, raises a brow ridge his way: apparently Mack has trouble with the 'talk more privately' part of the equation... AND is now on one of his Wild Optimism benders too!

    Before he can quite finish opening his mouth,

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon View Post
    Darius saunters over and cathces the end of that conversation.

    "So you recognised her too?" he says. "An unusual change in career, wouldn't you say? My guess would be she was spying on our, ah, original employer for the Imperials. But I think we should return to our quarters for a more private conversation." He glances meaningfully at the throne.
    The nominal merc captain points to the dark-clad jedi: that! "Let's try taw take awer leave as nawrmaly as pawssible," he agrees. A pause and then he steps back, flips his datapad out of its belt holster and hands it to Mack: "Keep an eye awn TB in the meanwhile, if you can? It - ain't quite as tawgh as it thinks yet..."

    <Response Mack?>

    He then returns to the Hutt's proximity.

    "Can the Crimsan Fists daw anything *else* fawr you this day, Nawble Awne?" His anticipatory grin somehow hints at further (and much deserved) riches should that be the case -- 20 thousands and counting, spirks!

    <Response Darga?>

    OOC: I'm guessing he *did* get that round of applause going before, Possum?
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #1003
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,353
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier



    So far, the soldier has very little to be pessimistic about, if he ignores those little nosebleeds he has been having, that is. The Crimson Fists are tough and very capable. Mack nods, "Sure, I can look after TB."

    "Cover my departure with a good explanation for me will ya."

    The soldier departs and follows after their droid on its recon mission.

    Mini Stats
    Mack Granger
    DP:
    4 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
    HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
    Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #1004
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    TB and Mack follow the reps throughout the palace, looking very at place within the Hutt's home. After a brief while of mingling with the others about non-essential things and gathering up their belongings, they begin to head out of the palace. Do TB and Mack continue to follow them?

  • #1005
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,491
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Binder Fred
    (Inside)
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    The soldier departs and follows after their droid on its recon mission.
    "Uh... I meant: on the screen," explains a puzzled besalisk to empty air (just why did Mack think he was handing him his datapad?). A look at Darius and Mir, brow ridge raised. Aw forget it; the man is gone now: wish him luck and move on. With a quizzical shake of the head Sloor returns to the Hutt's proximity. Now *him* he can understand!

    "Can the Crimsan Fists daw anything *else* fawr you this day, Nawble Awne" His anticipatory grin somehow hints at further (and much deserved) riches should that be the case -- 20 thousands and counting, spirks!

    <Response Darga?>

    OOC: Bit puzzled by Darga's earlier lack of response to this: Are we done here, Possum, or what?

    (Outside)
    "They will likely meet with a vehicle of some kind," mentions the droid.

    <Response Mack?>
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Friday, 28th September, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #1006
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    "You have done quite well for me today," Darga says in his native Huttese, the translator droid relaying the information back to you in Galactic Basic.

    "You may retire to your quarters now if you wish."

  • #1007
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,491
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Binder Fred
    "Been a pleasure, Nawble Awne," grins Sloor. He half-points, two-fingered towards the robed Demos, his grin sharpening: "This would be the spirk I need taw talk taw abawt transfering awver awer fee then?"

    <Response Darga/Demos?>

    OOC: If so, Sloor will set up the transfer of the 20K to his account and then transfer it out to everybody (just add 5K to your finances, Songdragon, Perrin and Dr Simon). He'll then start heading out of the room:

    "Catch up with the Mack man, awr is taw enawgh fawr a bit awf 'quiet shadawing' you think?" Huge piles of clinking creds have done little to damp his good mood of the day... Now this negotiator chick...

    <Response Darius/Mir?>
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #1008
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,597
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    "The more of us there are, the more likely we are to be noticed," says Darius. "But it might be a good idea to call them and see what the situation is."
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #1009
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,353
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier


    Mack is hanging back, keeping TB in sight, and not worrying about watching the Imps directly unless he can do it inconspicuously.

    When the droid contacts him over the commlink, he replies, "Mostly likely, TB. Keep after them, if you need me to approach closer or see something for myself, let me know."

    OOC: I was thinking Mack was not actually with TB, but shadowing the droid from a distance. I thought that might be better, closer at hand.
    Mini Stats
    Mack Granger
    DP:
    4 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
    HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
    Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #1010
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    "Been a pleasure, Nawble Awne," grins Sloor. He half-points, two-fingered towards the robed Demos, his grin sharpening: "This would be the spirk I need taw talk taw abawt transfering awver awer fee then?"

    <Response Darga/Demos?>

    OOC: If so, Sloor will set up the transfer of the 20K to his account and then transfer it out to everybody (just add 5K to your finances, Songdragon, Perrin and Dr Simon). He'll then start heading out of the room:

    "Catch up with the Mack man, awr is taw enawgh fawr a bit awf 'quiet shadawing' you think?" Huge piles of clinking creds have done little to damp his good mood of the day... Now this negotiator chick...

    <Response Darius/Mir?>
    OOC: Man, you all are going to hate me...


    It only takes a few minutes once Sloor speaks with Demos regarding the payment for it to come in. 10,000 credits appear in the bank account.

    OOC: That Knowledge Species check I had you all attempt at the very beginning? Hutts use Base 8 when it comes to counting...

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. All Rogues Game: Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy
      By Hobo in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th December, 2012, 12:07 AM
    2. Replies: 190
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 02:43 AM
    3. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    4. Replies: 1071
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th March, 2011, 06:56 PM
    5. Encounters in a wretched hive of scum and villainy?
      By Ambrus in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th August, 2007, 05:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •