Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
(Inside)
It only takes a few minutes once Sloor speaks with Demos regarding the payment for it to come in.
"Nice dawing business with you, Demaws man," waves Sloor, already on the move towards the door. "You think awn that investment deal we talked abawt befawre, alright? I might be able taw bring in sawme *very* interested investawrs -- *if* we can cawme up with sawmething remawtely like that Kuat-Tibanna deal."

<Response Demos? (optionnal)>

[sblock=Base 8]
10,000 credits appear in the bank account.
No hard feelings here (not OOC anyway ;)). It actually makes sense for Hutts to have a way to screw newbies over at least once. :) Since it's "a few minutes" in the future anyways, I'll delay Sloor's reaction until he actually finds out he's been played (should be fun).

BUT 20 000 in base 8 is actually 16 000 creds in base 10 by the way. Is the Hutt attempting to screw with us *twice* on the same deal? (And I thought Sloor was greedy...)[/sblock]
"The more of us there are, the more likely we are to be noticed," says Darius. "But it might be a good idea to call them and see what the situation is."

"It'll have taw be with your cawmm then," replies Sloor, taking a turn left towards their grouped quarters -- they frekking need to *talk*! "A certain sawmeawne took awff with mine..."

<Response Darius? He has TB's and Mack comm codes, by the way: we traded them back when we landed on Cato Neimoidian>

A few steps in relative silence, then: "Is it just me awr did that whawle Demaws business feel... un-frekking-finished taw anybawdy else? I mean: nawthing? *Nawthing* happened?"

<Reposne Mir and/or Darius?>

(Outside)
"Mostly likely, TB. Keep after them, if you need me to approach closer or see something for myself, let me know."
"Hm... You do know you can access my holocam feed with the flashing icon on the bottom right?" Instead of going through, TB fades into the shaded recesses on the right of the Palace's entrance arch, his blue optics softly wiring as they zoom-in on the trio of imperials.

OOC: TB's talking about the bottom right of Sloor's datapad, of course.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"I am not sure what you mean Sloor." Mir comments. "They came to deal and you did some fancy talking and seemed to have those honeyed words that convinced that Imperial that it was your way or no deal. You have a way with words."

"Or did you mean something else?" The woman asks.

possum

First Post
[sblock=Base 8]
Huh, the calculator I was using said that 20,000 in Base 8 equaled ~8,190 in base 10. I was intending on actually giving you guys a bit of a bonus.[/sblock]

"I certainly shall be looking into it," Demos says in answer to Sloor's business talk.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack frowns inside his helmet and pauses. Carrying around a datapad, would wreck his image of being a tough merc. But, he realizes that is would be more pragmatic to use it than risk being discovered.

He replies, "Alright, I got the hint, TB."

The armored soldier still keeps close, yet out of sight as he tracks the progress of the Imps via TB and his sensors.

[sblock=OOC on Base 8]Actually, possum is correct on the conversion. Sure 20 = 16 in base 10, but 200 = 128. That is 20 x 10 (in base 8) = 16 x 8 (in base 10).

So, 20000 = 16 x 8 x 8 x 8 = 8192 :( (not the 16 x 10 x 10 x 10 you are thinking, BF)

Though, Mack still has more credits than he knows what to do with right now. Until we can spend them on cool stuff at least.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Binder Fred

(Inside)
"I am not sure what you mean Sloor." Mir comments. "They came to deal and you did some fancy talking and seemed to have those honeyed words that convinced that Imperial that it was your way or no deal. You have a way with words."
"I try," he admits, seemingly pleased that she noticed. "Saves a lawt awf skin awff your knuckles when you're in the business I was - we're in." He looks rather pleased with himself nonetheless, basking in the still-fresh *rightness* of it back there...

"Or did you mean something else?" The woman asks.
Oh, right. "I meant," A suddenly lowered voice as he bends closer, weary of any corridor listeners, "Where was the dirty dealing, sra? The assassination attempts, the wawrds in the back, the pawisaned advice even? They had a frekking man awn the inside, sra; they should at least have *tried*..."

<Response Mir/Darius?>

(Outside)
OOC: TB will try to spot the vehicle they'll be using well in advance, either by their heading if it's already parked and waiting, or using TB's Perception if it's incoming. I don't supposse they leave their bagage or gear un-attended at any point, do they, Possum?

[sblock=Base 8]So 20 000 is 10 to the fourth power times two in base 10. Which means 20 000 in base 8 is 8 to the fourth power times two, making it... 8 192 creds. (It's all coming back to me now! :cool:)

For roleplaying reasons - and with the other players' permission, of course - I'd actually prefer it to be 8 192 in the account, if possible -- unless it's Demos or Darga that's giving us a break? Of course - if you really, really insist - we could always keep it at 10K on the character sheets and just *roleplay* 8 192 IC when it comes up... :angel:[/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
The Imperials are leaving in a dark, covered landspeeder that is already waiting outside of the Hutt's palace. The two clones mill about for a few seconds as the negotiator gets in the vehicle. They patrol the immediate vicinity before loading up the bags and getting in.

OOC: TB can certainly try to do something...

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius shrugs off his earlier suggestion of contacting Mack and TB.

"They'll let us know if they find anything; I wouldn't want to give them away if they were hiding."

As to the negotiations:

"If it's double-crossing you want, think on this. What guarantee is there that the Imperials will keep their side of the bargain you just made? Darga'd like to think he's a big player in the galaxy but he's just a pawn. And Demos? A pawn of a pawn."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack watches the scene unfold, the troopers likely looking for tampering and whatnot.

He replies, "I don't suppose you can keep up with that speeder now, can you. What about any trackers? Did Sloor get some of those that I don't know about?"

At this point, if TB cannot come up with something, Mack is not sure what else he can do. He contacts Sloor and company.

<"The lady is getting into her speeder and probably going to leave. Likes her guards are conducting a security sweep first.">

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

(Inside)
Darius shrugs off his earlier suggestion of contacting Mack and TB. "They'll let us know if they find anything; I wouldn't want to give them away if they were hiding."
"TB's internal naw," points out the besalisk. And *his* is set on flash, obviously...

"If it's double-crossing you want, think on this. What guarantee is there that the Imperials will keep their side of the bargain you just made? Darga'd like to think he's a big player in the galaxy but he's just a pawn. And Demos? A pawn of a pawn."
Yeah, maybe he's right. Maybe she'll take the time to report and *then* her superiors will decide to replace Darga with the neimoidian... Why waste the chance to nail the negotiations though? Would have been simpler, cleaner, AND it doesn't mesh too well with this morning's poisoning attempt, does it..? Sloor shakes his head from side to side: Frek.

"We're *still* missing sawmething, spirks. There's sawmething we dawn't knaw, awr that we've awver-frekking-looked... That's us here." And he stops by the side of his door, waving the others in. (For some reason he's mighty tempted to slap Darius' butt as he goes by, but somehow restrains himself: save it for happier times!)

Either his gut is telling him Demos is only what he seems - a sometimes seller of information to the Empire with no frekking Evil Master Plan - OR he discovered that noon break-in and scrapped the planned double cross to avoid getting busted... The big alien steps in and closes the door behind him. Darius gestures an all clear <just assuming, Dr.Simon, Possum> .

Right. Get back to it later: got a more- much more urgent thing to take care of right frekking now: "Saw haw bad are we in? She didn't rat us awt, didn't even seem taw recawgnize any awf us... Are we *sure* it's the same frecsing wawman?" And is it worth it to try and track her to the Sarlacc?! That's the other part of the equation. He gestures to Darius, "Hand me your cawmm, will you? If you're nawt gawing to call, I will." Get that dangling part of it bolted down a least.

<Response Darius/Mir?>

(Outside)
"I don't suppose you can keep up with that speeder now, can you. What about any trackers? Did Sloor get some of those that I don't know about?"
"You mean: like the ones you asked the dear captain to buy and that he picked up when we swung by the ship with his new purchase?"

<Assuming some sort of a positive:
"I have those on me right now." Perfectly deadpan, but can't you just imagine a small twist of utterly inexistant lips?

<Response Mack?>

Let us know if you're still making that call, Perrin.

Remove ads