Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius absently tosses the communicator to Sloor.

"I agree that it's unusual if she didn't recognise us, but perhaps she's contacting her superiors as we speak to tell them that rebel sympathisers are working for Darga." He rubs his chin. "We don't want to lose sight of our real goal here, which is to find out more about this Sarlacc Project. She could be a vital link. And she's only got those two bodyguards..." he pats his blaster meaningfully.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MackSmall.jpg

Mack thinks about the chances of being able to get the droid in close to plant the device. He is not sure it is worth it, they are probably going back to their ship or something.

He replies to TB, "Just a minute."

Mack starts hustling towards the Imps location and speaks into his comlink again, <"Hello, you guys copy my last? Over.">

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]
OOC: Not sure on whether to do it or not, BF. Sloor wanted them followed...

Need more information, [MENTION=17674]possum[/MENTION], please. Taking 10 for 20 on Perception & 18 for Knowledge Tactics.
Any clues on Clones' procedures? Anything else noticeable about their speeder? What about any vehicles that Mack could borrow to follow them?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
(Inisde)
Darius absently tosses the communicator to Sloor. "I agree that it's unusual if she didn't recognise us, but perhaps she's contacting her superiors as we speak to tell them that rebel sympathisers are working for Darga." He rubs his chin. "We don't want to lose sight of our real goal here, which is to find out more about this Sarlacc Project. She could be a vital link. And she's only got those two bodyguards..." he pats his blaster meaningfully.
Sloor glares: "You maybe nawtice the tawtal lack awf anything resembling a scrambler-equipped drawid in the room at the mawent, Darius man? Keep those frekking dangerous wawrds taw your awn frekking self, fawr frek's sake!" Didn't they already have this exact talk before too? The man's gone down several slots in his 'can be trusted with a secret' category... "And you realize that means killing her afterwards, right?" Mack didn't seem to have made that particular connection himself, the way he was talking...

Where's the talk button on this thing?

<Response Darius?> optionnal

(Outside)
He replies to TB, "Just a minute."

TB looks at the distances involved... "Yes, that sounds about right."

Mack starts hustling towards the Imps location and speaks into his comlink again, <"The lady is getting into her speeder and probably going to leave. Looks like her guards are conducting a security sweep first. Over.">
Inside, Sloor gets that weird effect you get when you press talk and a voice comes right out, without the slightest pause or time for beeping. He almost drops the frecsing thing in surprise, and then what the voice said sinks in.

A pause, mouth half-opened.

Put it all on the Bespin square and let it ride, is what the gambler in him shouts. They got *plenty* of time to get Darga to invite them there, or just finagle the right plant out from what they know already, infiltrate, get shipped to Sarlacc country with a Tibanna shipment or something (seems to be a popular method of movement in *this* crowd). But then... to watch her walk away and do *nothing*... The missed opportunities... FREK!

His nimble thumb quickly puts TB in a three-way, swearing when it takes him three additional seconds with the unfamiliar hand-set: "TB, Pawrter routine awn the targets. Naw... And send a hawlaw snap of *her* taw Aw'Keefe when you have sawme extra prawcessing time."

Bespin will still be there (if they survive).

"Don't worry: dodging the inevitable blaster fire will only take a small fraction of my considerable intellect," re-assures the droid.

"Always with the frecsing awptimism," grouses its owner, but it's good to know he's not the only one that sees where this *could* be leading. "Mack! We're awn awer way saw grab us a ride: steal, bribe, beg, I dan't care. Frekking *kybucks* if you have taw!" And he hated those horn-headed things! He almost hangs up, thinks better of it: "Ah... Main gate right?"

<Response Mack?>

A look at the other two just standing there: "Well? Gaw, gaw, gaw!" A sudden sharpened smile splits his large visage: "But 'discretely'."

OOC: Sloor will make his way towards the main entrance will all due speed, and without looking like he's hurrying at all (Stealth +10 if need be on that last).

(Outside)
TB quietly lowers his cargo basket to the ground and then prosaically, almost matter-of-factly glides out into full view as the two clones mill about for a few seconds as the negotiator gets in the vehicle. "Can I help you with your bags, sirs? I have been asked to ease your departure."

<Response Clones?>

OOC: Dumped the basket so he appears wholly "naked": no built-in weapons, nowhere to pull anything from. The clones might/have probably seen him inisde the throne room, but they haven't seen him with Sloor at any point, by the way.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
As Mack discreetly looks around the premises, he sees nothing fully unusual about the clones' actions, save for they seem to be somewhat uncomfortable outside of their armor. He also notices that there are several speeders nearby that can likely be commandeered. The mercenary also notices TB beginning to head up towards the two clones and their baggage.

"Oh, thank you," the clone on the right says as TB offers to help them with their luggage.

Binder Fred

That gives even the droid a millitick pause, before it smoothly transits into action: "I was created to serve?" It was obviously expecting a steeper challenge from imperial-trained bodyguards..."Please, let me," as it proceeds to take over the loading duties so the two guards can concentrate on more important, organic things...

OOC: Do I even need to roll Stealth to plant the tracker in their luggage? Or can he just take 10 (for an 18)?

Dr Simon

Explorer
(Inisde)

Sloor glares: "You maybe nawtice the tawtal lack awf anything resembling a scrambler-equipped drawid in the room at the mawent, Darius man? Keep those frekking dangerous wawrds taw your awn frekking self, fawr frek's sake!" Didn't they already have this exact talk before too? The man's gone down several slots in his 'can be trusted with a secret' category... "And you realize that means killing her afterwards, right?"

Darius ignores the reprimand, but addresses Sloor's last point.

"That..." he begins, then seems to reconsider, "...is not the Je-, is not our way," he finishes, but he doesn't seem convinced.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack sees several speeders and starts heading in that direction. He is watching the events unfold with their droid as well. Things appear to be going well.

He reports back, <"Sure thing, buddy."

"But, I don't think you will look so tough bouncing around on the back of kybuck again. Sorta ruin our image for the Fists, ya know.">

You can practically hear the smirking grin in the soldier's voice.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"We do have someone at the spaceport who can let us know if she departs, do we really need the surveillance on an Imperial negotiator, who while she appears a spy of sorts, is not our main goal." Mir comments.

"We let those that need to know, know. And get on with what we need to do, yes?" the woman asks.

Binder Fred

(Inside)
<"But, I don't think you will look so tough bouncing around on the back of kybuck again. Sorta ruin our image for the Fists, ya know.">
"Tawday's youth's gawt naw taste," sighs the besalisk. "Meet you there." Click.

"We do have someone at the spaceport who can let us know if she departs, do we really need the surveillance on an Imperial negotiator, who while she appears a spy of sorts, is not our main goal." Mir comments.

"We let those that need to know, know. And get on with what we need to do, yes?" the woman asks.
"Mawre ways taw gaw than just the 'pawrt, sra. And you think maybe *she* knaws where awer main gawl is? Might be heading there right naw as a matter awf fact..." Not entirely frekking likely, but who knows? Right now though, time is of the essence: A pair of arm press on her back, not strongly enough to actually move her (although he clearly could), "Want taw discuss it awn the way?"

If she seems to hesitate: "Please?"

<Response Mir?>

(On the way)
Quick marching through the palace corridors, punching keys on Darius' set : "Sra captain?" he begins when he's gets O'Keefe on the other end of the line. "TB should have sent you a hawlaw three heartbeats agaw. Did you get it? And you recawgnize her?"

<Response captain O'Keefe?>

OOC: He's refering to the holo snap of the negotiator TB sent earlier.

possum

First Post
"Yes, I recognize her. That's Alysa Antilles, one of Organa's aides. What's she doing there? In an Imperial uniform? Unless..."

The name is not known to any of you, even though you may have seen her face in the palace. The name given to you today: Victra Sinde, is also unrecognizable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases