Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack finds their speeder, the one they arrived in, parked where they left it. At first, it was obscured by the other vehicles, but he spotted it once he got closer.

Trying to be inconspicuous, he puts the datapad under his arm and walks purposefully towards the speeder. Just an armored merc on his assigned tasks.

He mutters to himself, "Nice and easy, nothing to see here. Everything is normal."

Climbing into the driver's seat, Mack starts up the speeder. He puts Sloor's datapad on the passenger seat beside him. Keeping it easily at hand.

He pulls the speeder around to the open doorway, ready to pick up the rest of the Fists.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
(On the way)
"Yes, I recognize her. That's Alysa Antilles, one of Organa's aides. What's she doing there? In an Imperial uniform? Unless..."

Alysa Antilles... Doesn't ring any frekking bells.

"Yeah, well she's an imperial negawtiatawr named 'Victra Sinde' naw, sra. *And* we're thinking abawt asking her a few questions..." Sloor pauses, nodding seemingly distracted greetings to a pair of passing Ryns (and 'coincidentally' waiting until they've strode well out of earshot before continuing). A sideways look back to confirm, "Anything you want taw tell us?"

<Response O'Keefe?>

(Outside)
Loading baggage... Loading baggage... Loading baggage... Now! As its handling a white suitcase - a particularly bulky piece of the imperial negotiator's gear that it's now managed to manoeuvre between itself and the two guards - TB triggers his hidden ventral compartment. Captain O'Keefe's tracker drops into one of its spindly three-fingered manipulator (button press on the end: green light starts discretely flashing) and then it gets handily tucked in a side-pocket as the baggage is balanced on the edge of the cargo hold!

As simple as that?

OOC: Taking 10 on Stealth for an 18. Perhaps with some sort of bonus for the baggage manoeuvering?

<If successful:
TB pushes the baggage home and smoothly closes the cargo hatch; and there is some electronic trepidation in its mechanism as it swivels towards the two clones... but they seem more concerned with safeguarding the vehicle's perimeter than with anything it might or might not have been doing. As simple as that confirmed.

"Will there be anything else, sirs? Are you in need of directions?" Playing the servile droid does not come as easily as it should, but somehow it manages.

<Response troopers?>

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"We're the only ones here, if that's what your asking," Okeefe replies to Sloor. "I'll make sure to send a very secure comm to our employer to let them know about our erstwhile aide. Question if you want, eliminate if you feel it's necessary."

"No, I think we know our way around the town," one of the clones says as he enters the land speeder. "Thank you, though. You're the friendliest droid that I've ever seen, that's for sure. Course most of them were trying to kill me..."

Binder Fred

(On the way)
"We're the only ones here, if that's what your asking," Okeefe replies to Sloor. "I'll make sure to send a very secure comm to our employer to let them know about our erstwhile aide. Question if you want, eliminate if you feel it's necessary."
Was rather hoping she'd put the kibosh on that part of it, actually... "Just fawllawing fawr naw, but keep the frecsing engines warm if you could sra: we just might have a jawb fawr the Banshee pretty frekking soon." Would tracking her back to her base be enough? What if it's frekking *days* away (and it just frekking might)...? Well, Mir's right on that part of it: O'keefe could do that *for* them... Leave them without a ship though. "We gawt any awther friendly assets in the sectawr, sra? Ships, I mean?" Better if they can put somebody *else* on the tracking job. (And 'Friendly assets'?? He's been around Mack for too too long!)

<Response Captain O'Keefe?>

(Outside)
"No, I think we know our way around the town," one of the clones says as he enters the land speeder. "Thank you, though. You're the friendliest droid that I've ever seen, that's for sure. Course most of them were trying to kill me..."
TB deletes the first thing that comes to mind. "The war was a terrible thing," it sombrely agrees instead, which is entirely true. "I'm glad it is behind us... Have a pleasant trip, sirs." (Not least because it will mean the tracker has remained wholly un-discovered...)

Dr Simon

Explorer

"She's worse than I am," says Darius ruefully.

Songdragon

Explorer
As Sloor prods her along she gives an exasperated release of breath and roll of her eyes, "Fine. I do not see the point when there are matters here that need taking care of... but lets. Lets chase after the woman and her contingent of clones."

As they depart the Hutt's palace and adds in a haughty tone, "If something happens with the other issue we have here, I will be even less pleased then I am now."

She looks to Darius with a shrug as her annoyed attitude appears to have no end in sight.

[sblock=Mir's Mini-Stats]Scout 2/ Scoundrel 1 / Soldier 1
Initiative: +9 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
Reflex: 19 Frotitude: 17 Will: 17
Hit Points: 44 of 44 Threshold: 17 Second Wind: 2 of 2 (13 HP healed)
In Hand: Heavy Blaster Pistol +3 (3d8+1)
Force Points: 7 Destiny Points: 4
Force Powers: Cloak, Mind Trick, Mind Shard, Negate Energy, Force Blast, Rebuke, Vital Transfer
Force Talents: Illusion, Force Harmony[/sblock]

Binder Fred

(Inside)
She gives an exasperated release of breath and roll of her eyes, "Fine. I do not see the point when there are matters here that need taking care of... but lets. Lets chase after the woman and her contingent of clones."
The besalisk (wisely?) chooses to ignore the tone - and her expression - to focus instead on immediate results: she's in! "Let's gaw, Darius man!" Lower left hand raised his way in warning, "But like I said, right: discretely. Sra?" And he waves her forward towards the door, the memory of his departing hands still warm against her back.

(On the way)
"She's worse than I am," says Darius ruefully.
What? asks Sloor's puzzled/distracted frown... The 'Organa' bits? He covers the sound pickup for an instant, smiling with somewhat grim humour himself. "Make you feel any better?"

<Response Darius?>

(After the O'keefe call)
OOC: Took the liberty of changing the venue for your post a little Songdragon (see below). Hope you don't mind? It makes for easier group conversation and you did say "As they depart the Hutt's palace". :)

Sloor slows as they near the side-door opening, pries the thick metal slab open ever so gently (thank frek Darga hasn't cut down too much on the all-important door-oiling budget!) and then jerkily peers out across the sun-flooded stone floor of Darga's front court... No trace of the imperials (although with luck that dust just settling is them), but TB's right there, gliding back towards the main gate, with a gray-coloured speeder pulling out of its spot to the left - and Mack is at the helm! "Let's gaw!"

Sloor resist the overwhelming urge to run, or even trot -- wouldn't want to send alarm signals to anybody watching (and this *is* a frecsing Hutt's front door, after all). So it seems like an eternity later, much longer than his entire trip down the palace corridors, when he finally manages to tap his fingers on the sidedoor's wind-screen - warning Mack he's coming in - before sliding into the back seat (less chances of his less-than-common form being spotted there, he figures).

"And we're here... Status?" Frek. Mack-ese *again*?

<Response Mack?>

As she slides in from the other side,
Mir adds in a haughty tone, "If something happens with the other issue we have here, I will be even less pleased then I am now." She looks to Darius with a shrug as her annoyed attitude appears to have no end in sight.

Well, it's true the jedi didn't support her much back there at the room... But she's hit the heart of it there: it's a frekking *deep* pit they're walking! Sloor swivels her way, upper arm over the tacky back rest, free(er) to talk now: "Saw you dan't think she has the infaw we want?"

<Response Mir, any?>

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir's eyes go to Sloor at his question, "We already have the information we came to get, and more. I am not sure what sort of information you want from the woman."

She thinks a moment and then asks, "Even if you get by her security detail, how are you going to question the woman about certain details without giving away our own involvement? Which of course marks us, gives her even more information on what we may be up to, and marks us 'traitors' to the Empire. Unless you plan to kill her?"

"I do not think you are going to find the answers you want from her... and more than us at risk by even trying." Mir says quite serious and even a little bit afraid.

[sblock=Mir's Mini-Stats]Scout 2/ Scoundrel 1 / Soldier 1
Initiative: +9 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
Reflex: 19 Frotitude: 17 Will: 17
Hit Points: 44 of 44 Threshold: 17 Second Wind: 2 of 2 (13 HP healed)
In Hand: Heavy Blaster Pistol +3 (3d8+1)
Force Points: 7 Destiny Points: 4
Force Powers: Cloak, Mind Trick, Mind Shard, Negate Energy, Force Blast, Rebuke, Vital Transfer
Force Talents: Illusion, Force Harmony[/sblock]

Binder Fred

(A bit earlier)
"I think I have been insulted," informs TB as it slots in the landspeeder as well, cargo basket back on its back. "I think I have been... sorely insulted. Neither of them considered me the least threat. And these are people used to droids shooting at them!"

<Response any?>

OOC: Just FYI, I'm seeing the following strategy talk as taking place while we're driving:
(In pursuit?)
Mir's eyes go to Sloor at his question, "We already have the information we came to get, and more. I am not sure what sort of information you want from the woman."
The besalisk frowns, puzzled: "We gawt a *lead* awn possibly finding the infaw we came taw get, sra... Unless you gawt mawre than 'tibanna gas is invawlved sawmewhere in there'? *She* - she might knaw a lawt mawre." Reluctant as he is to admit it...

She thinks a moment and then asks, "Even if you get by her security detail, how are you going to question the woman about certain details without giving away our own involvement? Which of course marks us, gives her even more information on what we may be up to, and marks us 'traitors' to the Empire. Unless you plan to kill her?"

"I do not think you are going to find the answers you want from her... and more than us at risk by even trying." Mir says quite serious and even a little bit afraid.

Sloor instinctively touches her elbow, comforting. "Well, sawlutian Awne taw that awne is: just fawllaw her back taw base, right? And hawpe it's the place we want taw find." Frek, when you hear it said out loud like that... it sounds weak even to his own ears! "What daw you spirks think?" this last towards the front, where sits the champions of 'wild optimism' and 'just wack her over the head'.

<Response Mack, Darius?>

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
What? asks Sloor's puzzled/distracted frown... The 'Organa' bits? He covers the sound pickup for an instant, smiling with somewhat grim humour himself. "Make you feel any better?"

Darius merely breaks out into an uncharacteristic smile, but says nothing.

Later...

Darius ponders.

"We've got trackers on the Imperial delegation and on the, ah, cargo in the cellar," he says. "Depending on range they aren't going anywhere without us knowing. It was my understanding that the carbonite parcels were due for delivery to the Imperials anyway, so they may end up in the same place and save us some legwork."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases