Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack drives along no in a hurry since they have a tracker on the Imps.

He explains, "Looks like TB had no problem that I saw."

"At first I was worried that she would have recognized us and blown our cover. But, who would we be worried about? Darga? Heck, we are mercenaries when you think about it so our cover is pretty much real."

"So, if she is a crappy negotiator for the Imps, maybe she is a double agent that way. Meaning she could very well be a working on our team already."

"Any word from O'Keefe?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"We've got trackers on the Imperial delegation and on the, ah, cargo in the cellar," he says. "Depending on range they aren't going anywhere without us knowing. It was my understanding that the carbonite parcels were due for delivery to the Imperials anyway, so they may end up in the same place and save us some legwork."
Demos hadn't reached a deal he liked from the last bit Mir and Mack got for them, but: "That's a thawght." (Frek, if you're going to dream in colour, dream BIG, right?) "Check it awt right naw, Darius man: cawmm cawde fawr awer little bawdged tracker should *still* be in there..." with a gesture to his datapad sitting in Darius's lap. "And you're in favawr awf 'just fawllaw and see' naw, are you?" Just when he's (slowly) starting to lean the other way too...

<Response Darius?>

"So, if she is a crappy negotiator for the Imps, maybe she is a double agent that way. Meaning she could very well be a working on our team already."

"Any word from O'Keefe?"
Sloor nods: Yeah. "She confirmed the ID, frek it all... And whatever this awther awne is, she *ain't* wawrking fawr anybawdy friendly taw us at the mawment." Meanwhile, he's found himself drawn progressively closer to the back of the front seats, peering left and right through the front windscreen more and more often (they're still in narrow streets at this point, the building patched up a while ago but sliding back towards entropy at this point): "Saw haw far ahead are they?" And: "Daws it look like they're heading fawr the frecsing space yard awr what?" He can't see the tracker screen very well from here (and 'Port' is still too big a word for that place).

<Response Mack,Darius?>

OOC: And I guess Possum too :). Can Darius spot the tracker we planted on the carbsicles moving? And 2. Where are the imperials in relations to us? Does it seem like they're heading towards the space yard?

Oh, and Sloor is still eagerly awaiting an answer from the lovely captian O'Keefe on the whole "nearby assets" question, yes?

Songdragon

Explorer
"Honestly Sloor, I think that is exactly what this 'project' is about. The Imperials buying up Tibana gas and using, or atleast they were, using people as trade," the woman says.

She then comments, "With what we know and have discovered, I think we were done, except getting those in Darga's out." her hands go out as she is rather exasperated to a point she does not know what to say or do next.

The woman sits back and attempts to calm her mind and tries to gauge the group's next actions are wise... (( Use the Force (Search her feelings: going after the Imperial Negotiator) 1d20+14=32 ))

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius pokes at the datapad awkwardly, like a man not used to using one often, keying in the sequence to show him where the two carbonite-encased Force users might be.

"For the moment," he says in reply to Sloor. "I can't help but think it would be easier to recover the carbonite parcels from 'Victra Sinde' and the two wettest clonetroopers in the galaxy as opposed to fight our way out of Darga's palace.

"And what Mir says has truth - is there more we can usefully learn about the Sarlacc Project here?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

MackSmall.jpg

Mack shrugs, "Well, if that is all the lady has to protect her, by the Emperor's black heart, why no take them from her. The Fists can handle two troopers, hell, we can handle a dozen."

"But I think we should stun the woman, capture her instead. We might even get a ship worth keeping... or hocking."

He keeps driving.

DP:

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius shakes his head and smiles sardonically.

"Murder, kidnap, piracy, hijack, theft," he says with a chuckle. "If Master Denasi could see me now..."

Binder Fred

Songdragon and Dr.Simon said:
"Honestly Sloor, I think that is exactly what this 'project' is about. The Imperials buying up Tibana gas and using, or at least they were, using people as trade," the woman says. She then comments, "With what we know and have discovered, I think we were done, except getting those in Darga's out." her hands go out as she is rather exasperated to a point she does not know what to say or do next.

"What Mir says has truth - is there more we can usefully learn about the Sarlacc Project here?"
Sloor looks from one to the other, so lost in the sudden alienness of his human companions that he even forgets to correct Darius on his use of *frekking names!*: "'Nawthing else taw the prawject'? What the frek? Have you spirks been sleeping fawr the past three days awr what? Have *I* just wawken up? I said it nawt three hawers agaw, spirks: the Tibanna's what's *feeding* the- the Thing. (Prawbably snacks awn healthy helpings awf the slave's labawr too.) All we're seeing here, right naw is the frekking *supply line* fawr the true, the real, the actual marbling- Thing!"

He stops, slowly blinks at them, looking truly puzzled: "Didn't I explain this bit after we went taw visit the slave pens?" Well, maybe 'explain' is pushing it a bit, now that he thinks about it, but they did cover the 'huge chunks of creds being funnelled', and the 'no point in hiding simple blaster development from the frekking senate' bits, right? How could they... Frek! This is apparently *his* day to get hit hard in the assumptions!

<Response Mir, Darius?>

(A bit later, I'm guessing)
The woman sits back and attempts to calm her mind and tries to gauge the group's next actions are wise...
Sloor gives her a wary look (Sure, if you're going to be pulled along by some frecsing invisible 'current' with a mind of its own (scary thought), then somebody who can actually *see* it is a frekking useful thing to have... *He* is still not too frekking comfortable with the base concept though). And best to cross check it with, you know, actual sense. (He's not too sure the current cares in what state they come out the other end -- *if* coming out is in its plans at all! Frek if he'll fully trust something like that with his life, Mir or no Mir!)

Leaning forth so he can address the two men up front in a lowered voice (trying not to disturb her too much): "Alright, saw the carbsicle thing's a nice dream at this pawint, sure, but with nawthing taw suppawrt it saw far. Let's cancentrate awn what we can *actually* have a chance of getting frawm this: the infaw. That's the gawd side. The bad side is: if Darga finds awt *anything* abawt this, we're campletely frekked awn the Tibanna lead. If we daw this then, we have taw be *completely* stealthy!" A pause for an indrawn breath (and getting his thoughts together too): "Prawblem two: what if we can't get the frecsing infaw awt awf her? She ain't a scared hawvergang leader we can just interrawgate awn the side awf the frecsing street and expect taw get gawd answers (dawn't knaw abawt you spirks, but she didn't look like the type taw crack easy taw me anyways: she's a frekking Imperial Negawtiatawr!). Prawblem three we already knaw: what daw we *daw* with her afterwards?"

Which is why he was leaning towards just following before -- but what are the frekking odds she'll leave from Cato Neimoidia and go *straight* to the heart of an ultra top secret imperial black ops operation? Might be worth trying anyways, to cover all the bases, but no question it's a frekking *loooong* shot! They can do better than-

A sudden thought -- and maybe it's selfish of him, but: "Frek, what happens taw the Tibanna *deal* we just frekking negawtiated if she dawesn't shaw up awn the awther end?"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

MackSmall.jpg

Mack is driving and trying to pay attention, "And is the Imp lady is actually a double agent and blew this deal on purpose? Then she needs to ensure the Imps get the wrong end of the stick, is what you are saying either way."

"So, let's try this on. If she did recognize us and pretended not to, just to keep everyone's cover in place, then perhaps we can give her a message to meet with us privately. You gotta admit there are not many four-armed beings running around that she could hardly not recognize you, buddy."

"If the message is phrased to be like we are just looking for a side deal, she could think we are just mercs looking for more credits if she is a true Imperial bitch. Assuming we are wrong about her being on our side."

DP:

Binder Fred

"Dan't think she is," frowns Sloor, not really seeing how she could be AND none of them here know about it -- including O'keefe. Impersonation makes no sense - nothing to gain - and infiltration that deep sure as frek isn't a frecsing spur of the moment thing! "Don't think there's any way around it, Mack man: Victra Sinde's a frekking imperial agent specializing in frekking shadaw awps -- which this is, and dittaw fawr the palace aide thing!" And it's true that Mack wasn't in on any of their 'corridor' discussions, so he leans forward and tries to summarize the gist of it: "Naw what she *knows* fawr sure, at frecsing best, is that we're mercs and that we talked - just talked - with at least taw pawtential clients. She's gawing taw repawrt it, sure, but it ain't enawgh taw actually take any actians just yet: that's what *we* think... She sure as frek ain't dawing us any frecsing favawrs awt awf the goodness awf her heart!" Did she really look like that type to other humans? A suddenly amused look at their blondish armoured driver, remembering who he's talking to -- Or maybe just to certain males of the species?

<Response Mack, any?>

Remove ads