Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive - Page 106




What's on your mind?

  1. #1051
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,623
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    Sloor looks from one to the other, so lost in the sudden alienness of his human companions that he even forgets to correct Darius on his use of *frekking names!*: "'Nawthing else taw the prawject'? What the frek? Have you spirks been sleeping fawr the past three days awr what? Have *I* just wawken up? I said it nawt three hawers agaw, spirks: the Tibanna's what's *feeding* the- the Thing. (Prawbably snacks awn healthy helpings awf the slave's labawr too.) All we're seeing here, right naw is the frekking *supply line* fawr the true, the real, the actual marbling- Thing!"
    Darius is unruffled.

    "Exactly," he replies with maddening calmness. "The trail now leads away from Darga. We now need to follow the supply line of Tibanna to find the thing we're looking for."
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

 

  • #1052
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,472
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier


    Mack shrugs, "It is puzzling, ain't it, buddy? I still am trying to figure out why she is not putting two and two together and coming after us. She could have tried removing us from the negotiating table if she recognized us, no?"

    "Hmmm, I don't know. I am not very good at espionage and I don't think she would sleep with me either to reveal secrets during pillow talk. Give me a target to assault and I know what I am doing."


    Mini Stats
    Mack Granger
    DP:
    4 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
    HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
    Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #1053
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    PM, make a pilot check at -2 for me, please.

  • #1054
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    (( Possum: Anything from the Use the Force (Sense Feelings) check above? ))

  • #1055
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,472
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    OOC: Would rather take a 10, but here you go. Piloting (1d20+8=12)
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #1056
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,563

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    And we're back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon View Post
    "Exactly," he replies with maddening calmness. "The trail now leads away from Darga. We now need to follow the supply line of Tibanna to find the thing we're looking for."
    "Awh..." A friendly thump on top of the jedi's shoulder. "You had me scared for a tick there, Darius man! I was thinking..." A total social disconnect, almost. Alright, back to it then: "But you ain't planning far enawgh ahead, I'm thinking: we still dan't knaw *exactly* where the plant is... Granted a little research can prawbably nab us that bit, but frek if it wouldn't be a thawsand times easier if we're *invited* instead awf re-starting frawm square awne! Think abawt it: we gawt a gawd cawnnectian with the frecsing *owner* awf the place, fawr frekking awt lawud, let's nawt just thraw it away fawr naw frekking reason..."

    <Response Darius, any?>

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Mack shrugs, "It is puzzling, ain't it, buddy? I still am trying to figure out why she is not putting two and two together and coming after us. She could have tried removing us from the negotiating table if she recognized us, no?"
    "What would she have said? 'Your mercs wawrked fawr sawmebawdy else befawre'? I'm frekking hawping that there ain't any clear cawnectians between- the spirks invawlved that an awtsider can see. Watch that stawp." Lightly pointing it out.

    OOC: Let's remember that Organna's connection to the Rebels is not known/proven. It was probably what Victra was there to investigate (and failed to find), so linking that 2 and that 2 might actually require at least a quadratic.

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Hmmm, I don't know. I am not very good at espionage and I don't think she would sleep with me either to reveal secrets during pillow talk. Give me a target to assault and I know what I am doing."
    "Yeah, well," sloor smiles ruefully and shrugs at the same time, putting a hand on the ex-SWAT's shoulder, "it's a bit new taw me as well, Reb-" And here he swallows Mack's old nickname, fairly secure ride or not -- and Mack probably heard it echoing in his head anyways: 'Rebellian baw'. A breath in, a strong breath out... (Suddenly missing chewing on one of his old smokesticks (*got* to get a dozen packs of *those* while they're on planet! Those stoggies were nice at first, but...)) "Thinking abawt it thawgh, I wouldn't put taw much weight awn the 'private meet' plan myself, sawrry taw say: puts all the chawices in *her* hands: she can say naw, she can ask taw change the meet site, she can frecsing *prepare* befawrehand any frecsing way she wants! Naw, I'm thinking awers *awnly* gawd awptians here are either Turn Back (and put all awer chips awn the Darga/Tibanna cawnnectian), Follow (and frekking *hawpe* she leads us sawmewhere interesting), awr Kidnap (with all the prawblems I listed five beats agaw)." He looks from one to the other, sort of hoping they have some magical solution that will make them all go: 'Of course! That's what we'll do!'. Because frek if *he* does!


    OOC: Since we've been on pause for a few days, here's a recap on things I'm presently awaiting answers on:
    @possum:
    - Question to Captain O'Keefe about other Rebellion-friendly ships in the region (here).
    - Darius is checking to see if the tracker we planted on the two jedis frozen in carbonite has moved (here). Have they?
    - Can we tell which way the imperials are heading by the path they've travelled so far? (also here)

    @Songdragon:
    I was sort of expecting a reply from Mir on the "Nothing else to gain" part of the conversation?
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Saturday, 20th October, 2012 at 05:18 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #1057
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,472
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier


    Mack smirks at the besalisk, briefly as his eyes return to the road, surprised he wasn't just called Blondy.

    But as for a plan, he can only shrug, "Nope, still got nothing here except overt violence or snatch and grab."

    "We still don't know what we are doing to get those frozen items loose either."


    Mini Stats
    Mack Granger
    DP:
    4 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
    HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
    Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

    Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #1058
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    And we're back!

    OOC: Since we've been on pause for a few days, here's a recap on things I'm presently awaiting answers on:
    @possum:
    - Question to Captain O'Keefe about other Rebellion-friendly ships in the region (here).
    - Darius is checking to see if the tracker we planted on the two jedis frozen in carbonite has moved (here). Have they?
    - Can we tell which way the imperials are heading by the path they've travelled so far? (also here)

    @Songdragon:
    I was sort of expecting a reply from Mir on the "Nothing else to gain" part of the conversation?
    [gm]*Okeefe states that you are the only known Rebellion agents in the system
    *The trackers left on the Carbonite slabs are still right where you left them, according to the scans
    *They are headed to the southern outskirts of the city.

    Mir searches through the Force, but is unable to come up with anything good or bad about the upcoming events.

    ***

    Mack is able to keep a respectable distance for the most part, but there are a couple of moments in which he almost loses the Imperial speeder while navigating the streets.

  • #1059
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,563

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    (In the palace corridors)
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Okeefe states that you are the only known Rebellion agents in the system
    "Well it was a thawght anyways. Keep you infawrmed as much as we can." He's about to hang up, before thinking better of it at the last second (even with the metallic outline of the courtyard's side-door quickly approaching now): "You taw alright awver there?" By which he means her and Mizza. (TB would sharply remind him that Crash is a person too - droid or not - but TB's not here right now, is it?)

    <Response Okeefe?>

    OOC: Holding on the rest til my character actually knows about it.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #1060
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    "We're dong find here, but I think I may have to step out to restock the conservator," Okeefe says over the comlink. "That slave you bought and freed has been going through and eating me out of ship and stern. Especially the meats. Sloor, what in the hells were they feeding those slaves?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 106 of 124 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. All Rogues Game: Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy
      By Hobo in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th December, 2012, 12:07 AM
    2. Replies: 190
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 02:43 AM
    3. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    4. Replies: 1071
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th March, 2011, 06:56 PM
    5. Encounters in a wretched hive of scum and villainy?
      By Ambrus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th August, 2007, 05:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •