Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Slave Chow?" he guesses off the top of his head. A sudden smile: "I can prawbably swing by and buy you a big bag awn the way if you want?"

That door is getting *really* close now...

<Response Okeefe?>

Songdragon

Explorer
((Not sure how many times she has to say it, but okay... ))

At Sloor's explanation of his thoughts on that there somehow has to be more to the Sarlacc project then the group is seeing Mir looks at the Besalisk, "I just think you are seeing something there is not. It looks straight forward, Tibanna gas from Darga's operation, and a few others by the sounds of it for Imperial credits and slaves. Why does it have to be more?" she puts her arms out in a questioning way.

"The gas we know is for weapons. And the amount that the Imperials want means lots of weapons. So yes, they are up to something. How questioning a negotiator, and a bad one at that, for more? I am not seeing what you can get out of it except adding more danger to the equation. Outting us for being more than we are pretending to be."
The woman is still not happy about the situation.

"But hey, do what you have to do." Mir adds and sits back in the seat as the the speeder speeds along.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Awh..." A friendly thump on top of the jedi's shoulder. "You had me scared for a tick there, Darius man! I was thinking..." A total social disconnect, almost. Alright, back to it then: "But you ain't planning far enawgh ahead, I'm thinking: we still dan't knaw *exactly* where the plant is... Granted a little research can prawbably nab us that bit, but frek if it wouldn't be a thawsand times easier if we're *invited* instead awf re-starting frawm square awne! Think abawt it: we gawt a gawd cawnnectian with the frecsing *owner* awf the place, fawr frekking awt lawud, let's nawt just thraw it away fawr naw frekking reason..."

Darius nods slowly, looking thoughtful. Absently he moves a hand to rub his shoulder.

"That sounds reasonable," he says. "From our employer's point of view I can see benefit in following the trail back to the Tibanna source - cut off the supply and starve the beast, but it's a big galaxy and who knows if the Imperials have just the one supply line? Or we follow it forwqrds, find out what kind of beast we are, in fact, facing, and tackle it head-on. Now, will following this Varda help us either way?" He looks around at his friends and shrugs. "Beggered if I know."

Binder Fred

"The gas we know is for weapons. And the amount that the Imperials want means lots of weapons. So yes, they are up to something. How questioning a negotiator, and a bad one at that, for more? I am not seeing what you can get out of it except adding more danger to the equation. Outting us for being more than we are pretending to be." The woman is still not happy about the situation.

"But hey, do what you have to do." Mir adds and sits back in the seat as the the speeder speeds along.
Sloor looks at her somewhat strangely and repeats, slowly, what the Varth man told them from the start: "Huge amawnts awf creds and ressawrces are being funnelled intaw this Thing, sra. It's taking *a lawt* awf their time and its killing thawsands *befawre* they even get taw play chump change fawr Darga's Tibanna. *That's* what the V man tawld us and he's seen the frecs- the repawrts." He shakes his head: "Simple Slaves fawr Weapons just dawestn't *begin* taw cawver it awn my pad." A pause. And then he sighs deep, muscles releasing their tension. "But anyways, Sra Okeefe knaws what we knaw - filled her in while I was there - awthers will knaw pretty soon taw. Saw, like I was telling Darius, we've gawt marbling little taw gain by leaving at this pawint, missian half finished -" He catches Mir's change of expression and quickly adds: "- awr nawt... Naw awn the negawtiatawr side awf thing," he looks a bit worried himself, "You may just have a pawint there..." his lower right hand begins to tap nervously on his large thigh -- Frek this is hard: he can't help feeling they're somehow loosing a perfect opportunity - but to do what he's not so sure - and the consequences -

*They are headed to the southern outskirts of the city.

<Assuming somebody communicates this:
"Away frawm the yard?" Now isn't that interesting: Where the frek are they going? "A landed ship? *Anawther* meeting? Maybe a frecsing fawrtified base?" And it means *they* need to make up their minds all the quicker: following them discretely in the open country of those frecsing land bridges is likely going be trickier than in a crowded city...

"That sounds reasonable," Darius says. (...) "Now, will following this Varda help us either way?" He looks around at his friends and shrugs. "Beggered if I know."
"Victra," distractedly corrects Sloor. "Breaking sawmeawne ain't pretty, and I'm thinking she ain't the type that bends easy... It ain't pretty AND it takes time... AND you sawrt awf have taw hawld your prisawner while you check awt her answers, dan't you?" Else it's just too frecsing easy for them to *lie*. They *don't* have that kind of-

"Do we have to do the interrogating?" quietly inquires TB from the back.

Even Sloor turns halfway back with a somewhat thunderous frown: "What's the pawint awf kidnapping her if we dan't-" Oh. If *we* don't do the interrogating... "Awer friends awn the cawrvette?"

"That was my thinking, yes," admits the droid with not a trace of humbleness. It knows its own worth.

Try it out here and if she proves difficult, well... "That - could - actually - *wawrk*." Nab the princess and turn her into treasure for Veranna's table? No (too) tight deadline? No (rather) troublesome murdering when they're done? Not bad. Frek, not bad at all! He turns to Mir, seeing her active again, "You -ah- get anything there, sra?" (By her expression, either she didn't or it went his way and she doesn't want to admit it...)

<Response Mir, all?>

OOC: He's refering to the trance.
[sblock=OOC]
((Not sure how many times she has to say it, but okay... ))

As many times as it takes to get your way, of course. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"I think we'll be fine, Sloor," Okeefe says over the comlink.

Mack continues to follow the Imperial vehicle through the city streets.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Still driving, Mack only listens to the conversation not having anything new to contribute. Whatever the disagreement in philosophy, he has said his peace already and is really just waiting on being told what to do.

He asks the others in the speeder, "Well?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Binder Fred

(In the palace corridors)
"I think we'll be fine, Sloor," Okeefe says over the comlink.
"Dan't knaw haw it wawrk's fawr Tiss'shars exactly, but try nawt taw feed her too quick, alright? She'll be sick all awver the ship." You'd swear they just bought a pet Vartlett or something. A look in front: "Right. Gawtta gaw naw. Stay clawse taw the cawmm fawr naw, sra, and we'll call back with news." After some fumbling, he finds the off button and hands the thing back to Darius. "Sawrry, sra: *HAD* taw take care awf that call first. Naw you were saying?"

Sloor slows as they near the side-door opening, pries the thick metal slab open ever so gently (thank frek Darga hasn't cut down too much on the all-important door-oiling budget!) [etc :)]

(Imperial Pursuit)

Mack asks the others in the speeder, "Well?"
"Yeah," echoes Sloor, possible ways of going about it already falling into place, "You spirks up fawr it?"

<Response Mir and Darius?>

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius watches the battered streets of the Neimoidian city speed past.

"Yes," he says simply. Then, thinking that maybe more is needed. "I think our friends on the frigate would want to find out what this Victra," he says the name carefully with a glance at Sloor, "knows about their operations, as well as the thing that we are looking for. As TB says, we don't have to extract the information ourselves. We capture her, keep her on the Banshee whilst we get on with other business. Of the carbonite kind. Of course, once we've got her every second is a risk. Depends if we trust TB and O'Keefe to guard her."

Last edited:

Binder Fred

He turns to Mir, seeing her active again, "You -ah- get anything there, sra?" (By her expression, either she didn't or it went his way and she doesn't want to admit it...)
Mir just give him a look. <I'm assuming>

"Naw gaw, uh?" bravely tries the besalisk "Dawn't knaw haw these things wawrk exactly, but maybe it's because we haven't really decided what taw daw yet?" He'd sort of gotten the impression the Current just dragged you along to where *it* wanted you to go, but wouldn't that be a relief: free will back on the table, spirks!

<Response Mir, Darius?>

"We capture her, keep her on the Banshee whilst we get on with other business. Of the carbonite kind. Of course, once we've got her every second is a risk. Depends if we trust TB and O'Keefe to guard her."
"We'll wark sawmething awt," assures the besalisk, supremely confident in that part of it, "Still gawt the cuffs I used awn Merimak (poor frek) and I saw a welder awr three in the ships toolbawx... *And* TB can drug her taw sleep if we're *really* wawrried."

"Doable," agrees the droid after a pause, "though long term sedation can have adverse effects on the patient, besides consuming a fair amount of medpacs."

"Dawable," summarizes its owner with a dismissive wave. And now for the touchy part... Carefully, like one approaching a beautifully crafted thermal detonator: "Sra?"

OOC: After the vote is decided for this bit, I would guess?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mara Aragone, Zeltron Female Noble

MackSmall.jpg

Mack frowns in thought and then shakes his head, "Unless we really see a way that taking this woman helps us getting that other package out of here, we should stick with observation only for now."
"After we know more, then maybe we kidnap her if there is no other way."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases