Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir gets out of the speeder and approaches Okeefe, "I would wait to say anything until we have, her," she nods her head to the prisoner, "stowed away, unless you think it is okay for her to hear it."

possum

First Post
"Daulto How, as I recall." A pause as TB links up. "Unfortunately a fairly common name on Cato Nemoidia, if we go by the Zarra comm directory: 8 hits."

"Frek... Any awf them have their awn taxi campany awr sawmething? Awr did you catch the name awf his campany too?" It must have been written somewhere on the thing, but frek if he remembers...

<Response TB?>

OOC: Sloor would want to get his home address, if at all possible.

"Ah yes, doing a quick check of the local social HoloNet site, I have been able to find him. Mentions going to the Trennis Lowlands last month on holiday and recently--and I quote-- 'Finally ran the first half of the 5k through my neighborhood. Doring Lane never looked so good. Judging by the map I uploaded before we left, the closest Daulto How to Doring is the one on 2385 NW Pylat Ct."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Gawd wark! Guide me." He takes a sharp right on TB's indications.

Even just this is exciting. He's rarely felt so alive as he has on this trip! Strangely enough, he recognizes the feeling: the frekking current is with them again!

***​

Once they get there, Sloor parks the white landspeeder out in the street in front of a two-story, pale-brown stone building, slams the door shut and tromps on up the few steps leading to the first floor front door (like most of the houses here, upper story has its own set of stairs on the side and its own front door; many of the other buildings have stairs down to half-basement residences too). He stabs the call button.

<Assuming the right Daulto answers:
"Hey there, taxi man," greets Sloor with a grin. "Look what I brawght you!" He sidesteps and does a tadaa gesture. (Better frekking hope this *works*... Be a shame to have all his 'good intentions' go down the drain.)

<Response Daulto?>

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"Gawd wark! Guide me." He takes a sharp right on TB's indications.

Even just this is exiting. He's rarely felt so alive as he has on this trip! Strangely enough, he recognizes the feeling: the frekking current is with them again!

***​

Once they get there, Sloor parks the white landspeeder out in the street in front of a two-story, pale-brown stone building, slams the door shut and tromps on up the few steps leading to the first floor front door (like most of the houses here, upper story has its own set of stairs on the side and its own front door; many of the other buildings have stairs down to half-basement residences too). He stabs the call button.

<Assuming the right Daulto answers:
"Hey there, taxi man," greets Sloor with a grin. "Look what I brawght you!" He sidesteps and does a tadaa gesture. (Better frekking hope this *works*... Be a shame to have all his 'good intentions' go down the drain.)

<Response Daulto?>

The Nemoidian looks at the white landspeeder, shock in his eyes. "You come into my cab and steal it and expect this to be a suitable substitute?" He laughs heartily. "Of course it is! The cab company is covered by insurance and have already gotten their payment for a replacement! The old one was about to conk out in a month or so, anyway! Too many miles.

Binder Fred

The Nemoidian looks at the white landspeeder, shock in his eyes. "You come into my cab and steal it and expect this to be a suitable substitute?"
"Well," Sloor has the good grace to look slightly embarrassed, scratching at his temple, "yours gawt... dinged a little in the pursuit. *Pretty* sure that hawver gang ain't gawing taw be bawthering your custawmers any mawre thawgh." And that should be worth a whole lot of something, right? (Assuming he didn't have some sort of profit-sharing agreement with them, of course.) A nod of the head as the grin returns: "Came awn dawn and take a look at it: you'll *like* this awne."

He laughs heartily. "Of course I will! The cab company is covered by insurance and have already gotten their payment for a replacement! The old one was about to conk out in a month or so, anyway! Too many miles.
Sloor grins back, observing the blue man as he goes around enthusiastically inspecting the car, "Gawd taw hear... Saw maybe I should take this awne back then? Since you dan't need it..."

OOC: He's teasing. :)
<Response Daulto?>

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Privately, I think," says Darius as he gives a curt nod of agreement when Mir speaks, and helps load the "cargo" on board the Banshee, starting with Victra, then the unconscious clone. He remains tight-lipped throughout, his stern expression giving nothing away as to what he might be thinking or feeling.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack greets Okeefe, "Hey, Cap'n."

"You find a few shipping crates? We will be needing them in cargo hold."

He sees to their prisoner first with Darius, making sure she is still unconscious before bringing her into view. Same with the trooper. If necessary he will look to Darius to apply the stun baton again.

Then carrying the woman, like he is carrying a drunk person, he takes the prisoner up and deposits her in the cargo hold. With help from Mir and Darius, it doesn't take long before everything is inside and away from observation.

Popping his helmet off, he looks for Captain Okeefe and gestures for them all to go to the lounge to talk, "Sloor should be here soon, he is hocking a speeder."

"What's this message you have for us?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

possum

First Post
"It's kinda strange," she says as she heads towards the small lounge on the ship. "It's specifically addressed to Mir and Darius and it's not from our benefactor, but from one of his new aides. He kept talking about a dream he had..."

She plays the recording and the image of a dignified Caamasi appears in the holographic field.

"I am sure that most of you do not know me, but my name is Ylenic It'kla. I am currently a diplomatic aide for Senator Bail Organa but I have much more in common with some of you, especially Mir and Darius. I have been having a dream lately these past few nights, one that I know is not just a dream. I'm sure that you two will know exactly what I am speaking of.

I am in some dark and damp place, though I really cannot perceive with my five senses where I am. I can somehow sense a few points of light nearby, and I know that these two are my only salvation.

I was also led to believe in these dreams that you are the ones that know something about this. Those two lights seemed familiar to me, but not at the same time. I do hope that this helps you."

"No, I'll take it!" Daulto says with a laugh.

Binder Fred

Smiling Sloor gives him the owner's tour (he could get to like this Daulto spirk -- completely different spirk off-work than on the job, frankly; or maybe they caught him on a bad day, that happens too): "Naw this little fish here I bawght 'slightly used' frawm a friend, sure, but haw many sprirks daw you knaw who'd gaw awt awf their way taw clawse a prawmise like that? Look at thawse curves... That interiawr... All the awptians, taxi man, and the engine! You'll *like* the engine." He reaches in and pops the hood, letting the quality hardware within do the talking *for* him. "A little paint, a little fender wawrk and you're rawlling pretty."

Sloor talks car, engine and mechanics for a little while (helped out of a few rough spots by TB's actual expertise [Mechanics +3]), letting Daulto get comfortable with the idea. Until the subject of what *he's* getting out of it rolls around.

"Nearly nawthing, Daultaw man. We're new in the city, and drivers hear a lawt awf things, dan't they? I *might* drawp by frawm time taw time, see if my friend needs a bit awf extra cred, if you knaw what I mean." He knocks on the side of the speeder: "You already *knaw* I take gawd care awf my friends."

<Response Daulto?>

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Darius and then to the Mack and O'Keefe, "It would appear our 'friends' back at Darga's are rather important. We need to deal with that matter, soon."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases