Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive - Page 3




+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1231
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    Mack chuckles, but his eyes look at Darius appraising, "Ahh, still no. After dealing with one crazy card-carrying lightsaber wielder always charging at the enemy, you will likely win that bet easily."

    Mack remembers the seemingly precognitive abilities of Keyton and his tendency to just barge right into combat, often not bothering for caution or diplomacy. With that being his only example of Jedi behavior, he expects similar things from Darius until proven otherwise.

    Mini Stats
    DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +8 Perception: +9
    HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
    Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle (single shot)

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw
    ___________________________________

    Mack Granger CS
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    OOC: Not really, Binder_Fred, it's pretty much a military ship and not very heavy on luxuries.

  • #23
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    Mir sighs and shakes her head at Mack and Sloor, "You two are aware that Jedi are not just 'saber boys' or charge in and destroy? They were guardians of peace and justice."

    She continues, "And if you cannot see the writing on the wall of what the Empire is up to, then I really do not know why you are here. I am no saint, but there is a line of what is right, and what is not."

    She calms herself with several deep breaths, "For the mission. We go to Cato Neimoidia, find someone willing to tell us where Darga is holding up. That should be easy enough. Then, using some cover, we pose as some sort of business venture or traders to gain Darga's favor, while we snoop and get some information or he lets us in on what he might be up too."

    She thinks a moment, "Just throwing an idea out there. Is it possible to pose as an advance team from the Empire to check on how things are going and be sure Darga is happy with the arrangements? And of course, being a little corrupt and wanting a little side action?"

    Looks to varth, "Is it possible to get some Imperial credentials for that? Forged or not I suppose."

    Looks to Mack, Sloor, and Darius, "What do you think?"

  • #24
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,262

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    Mir sighs and shakes her head at Mack and Sloor, "You two are aware that Jedi are not just 'saber boys' or charge in and destroy? They were guardians of peace and justice." She continues, "And if you cannot see the writing on the wall of what the Empire is up to, then I really do not know why you are here. I am no saint, but there is a line of what is right, and what is not."
    “Sure there is, Sra.” He clearly doesn’t believe a word of it... and actually has the temerity to *smile* that predatory smile of his while looking straight at her -- like he’s caught her with her pants down and she doesn’t know it yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    Looks to varth, "Is it possible to get some Imperial credentials for that? Forged or not I suppose." Looks to Mack, Sloor, and Darius, "What do you think?"
    “Well, cawnt me awt; the Empire dawsn’t like my kind apparently, sure as frek nawt in any awfficial capacity...” He raises a warning finger as the next thought occurs to him, “And I ain’t playing your pet either, Sra! Naw way.”

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    OOC: Not really, Binder_Fred, it's pretty much a military ship and not very heavy on luxuries.
    OOC: What about examples of things to sell? I'm thinking military-grade gear here, like rockets, missiles, targeting suites, vehicule-mounted weaponry, etc. Doesn't have to be useable by ground troops like ourselves, just look pretty in a box. The idea would be to show one or two of each in their display case and say "We can get you more if the price is right". Is *that* doable?
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Sunday, 3rd April, 2011 at 01:34 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #25
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    toasterferret's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    524

    ø Ignore toasterferret
    Darius shakes his head at Mack's question. "Most of my talents are a bit more martial than that."

    Hearing Mir chirp in he smiles and replies "It's good to see someone remembers what we stand... stood for." His eyes glaze over for a moment, before he regains his composure and nods at her suggestion

    "Im content with whatever you think is best in this case."

  • #26
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    “Sure there is, Sra.” He clearly doesn’t believe a word of it... and actually has the temerity to *smile* that predatory smile of his while looking straight at her -- like he’s caught her with her pants down and she doesn’t know it yet.


    “Well, cawnt me awt; the Empire dawsn’t like my kind apparently, sure as frek nawt in any awfficial capacity...” He raises a warning finger as the next thought occurs to him, “And I ain’t playing your pet either, Sra! Naw way.”


    OOC: What about examples of things to sell? I'm thinking military-grade gear here, like rockets, missiles, targeting suites, vehicule-mounted weaponry, etc. Doesn't have to be useable by ground troops like ourselves, just look pretty in a box. The idea would be to show one or two of each in their display case and say "We can get you more if the price is right". Is *that* doable?
    OOC: Ask it in-character.

  • #27
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    Mack considers Mir's idea and shakes his head, "Don't think we can pull off the Impy impersonation. Our persuasive talker is Sloor and not very Imp-like. You weren't planning to voodoo whammy our way through, were you?"

    "Sloor's much more believable as a dirty rotten scoundrel, I think. Definitely something a Hutt would understand. I am a bit surprised a Hutt is dealing with the Empire. I thought they did not get along so good."

    "Getting this Dargo's attention is the difficult part. Criminals don't trust just anyone, but they respect good business, yeah? Maybe we need to find an enemy of his and obtain something Dargo could use, maybe only information would do it."


    Mini Stats
    DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +8 Perception: +9
    HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
    Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle (single shot)

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw
    ___________________________________

    Mack Granger CS
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #28
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,262

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    OOC: Ask it in-character.
    OOC: Sure thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    “Saw we have taw entice him with *something*, right? We’ll need a few chawice samples frawm ship’s stawres, I’m thinking, and a few getting-taw-knaw-you gifts wouldn’t hurt either...”
    As neither Verana nor Varth seem to click, Sloor goes on: “I'm thinking military-grade gear here -- like rawckets, missiles, targeting suites, vehicule-mawnted weapanry, that sawrt awf thing. Dawsn't have to be useable by grawnd troops like awerselves, just look pretty in a bawx. We shaw awne awr taw awf each in their display case and say ‘We can get you sled-fulls mawre if the price is right; you interested?’... Is *that* dawable?”

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Sloor's much more believable as a dirty rotten scoundrel, I think. Definitely something a Hutt would understand."
    (“Your acting talent *has* always amazed me in that regard,” quips TB in its owner’s earring canal. The besalisk just *grins* without looking back.)

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Getting this Dargo's attention is the difficult part. Criminals don't trust just anyone, but they respect good business, yeah? Maybe we need to find an enemy of his and obtain something Dargo could use, maybe only information would do it."
    “Yeah, we need mawre infaw awn the spirk, that’s fawr sure,” agrees Sloor. “And we ain’t gawing taw get it here.” The besalisk pushes out of his seat, ready to go check that cargo list with Verana. "Maybe you cawld check awt what the spirk has been arrested fawr in the past, Mack man? Give us an idea what he's usually invawlved in? TB can help with the research if you want." He points TB to Mack's side and the droid smoothly complies.

    OOC: If that idea flies, Sloor will select the best "show pieces" from ship's incentory with Verana while TB uses his new Use Computer skill to help Mack in whatever research that worthy wants to engage in.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #29
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    Mir nods to the others, "Just an idea."

    She considers Darga for a moment... (Galactic Lore: 1d20+8=13) and then shrugs as nothing comes to mind. "Would be nice to know what kind of product and such is of interest to this Darga? A full name might be helpful as well, that might make a nice first impression if greeted with such respect."

    Mir's Status
    Scout 2/ Scoundrel 1
    Initiative: +8 Perception: +8
    Conditions: none
    Reflex: 17 Frotitude: 15 Will: 16
    Hit Points: 36 of 36 Threshold: 15
    In Hand: n/a
    Force Points: 6 Destiny Points: 3
    Force Powers: Cloak, Mind Trick, Mind Shard, Negate Energy, Force Blast, Rebuke, Vital Transfer

  • #30
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,262

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    Mir nods to the others, "Just an idea."
    Sloor snaps his fingers and points at the young human female: “Might want taw keep the imperial angle in mind, actually: if the rest fails we might just be able taw track Darga by these imp shipments that gaw in and awt awf his place!” He swivels towards Varth, “Dan't suppawse we have any idea haw awften they awccur, where the trade takes place awr when the next awne’s scheduled fawr, Varth man?”
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. All Rogues Game: Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy
      By Hobo in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th December, 2012, 12:07 AM
    2. Replies: 190
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 02:43 AM
    3. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    4. Replies: 1071
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th March, 2011, 06:56 PM
    5. Encounters in a wretched hive of scum and villainy?
      By Ambrus in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th August, 2007, 05:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •