Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive - Page 4




  1. #31
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,418
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack checks the interface visor in his utility belt, "Yeah, I can do some checking."

    Seeing that they are asking questions from Verana and Varth, he adds, "Is there access to do info searches from here? Or do we have to wait until we get dirtside?"

    Until now, Mack hasn't been paying attention to the comms suite in the ship or whether they have been practicing EMCON or not.
    Mini Stats
    DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +8 Perception: +9
    HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
    Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle (single shot)

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw
    ___________________________________

    Mack Granger CS
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    "We can set you up with a shipment of old Separatist missiles we have," Verana answers. "They don't fit any of our fighters and we've been hesitant on just tossing the things."

    Mir tries to think if she's heard anything about Darga before, but comes up with a blank.

    "You can do a few info searches here," Verana answers Mack.

  • #33
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,536

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    "We can set you up with a shipment of old Separatist missiles we have," Verana answers. "They don't fit any of our fighters and we've been hesitant on just tossing the things."
    "Perfect!” Sloor punches his own palm in satisfaction/anticipation. “You can shaw me the beasts later awn, right? Fawr naw there’s the questian awf awer fee...”

    <Response Verana and/or Varth?>
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Tuesday, 5th April, 2011 at 12:33 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #34
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,418
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack mutters encouragement to the besalisk, "Go gettem buddy."

    Realizing that it is going to take several hours he motions for TB to follow him, saying "Hopefully I will have some good intel by tomorrow."

    Finding a place comfortable, like a shipboard lounge, Mack connects his datapad into the ship-wide comms circuit via his comlink and dons his Computer Interface Visor. He starts data mining with TB's help.

    Actions
    Take 20 on Use Computer for 29. TB take 10 for a successful Aid Another, result 31. Beats DC30 for Secret Information if available. Takes 8 hours.
    Mini Stats
    DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +8 Perception: +9
    HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
    Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle (single shot)

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw
    ___________________________________

    Mack Granger CS
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #35
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,536

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    The droid settles to Mack's righthand side in its usual squatted-down position, an extruded wire linking it to the human's pad, sensor turret idly panning across the lounge from time to time. You can never be too careful.


    Works for me.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #36
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    Verana agrees to 5500, with Mack's help. "I don't have that information," Varth says as Sloor asks about how often the trades happen. "I just know that he has something to do with this project."

    Mack is able to get the name: Warrick Raden, apparently an errand boy for Darga in Zarra. You're unable to get an address on where he lives, however. You also know all the Clone Wars Campaign Guide has on Cato Neimodia.

  • #37
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,418
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack comes back after awhile and suggests, "Sloor, I think we will need the services of a good info chant once we are dirt-side. Perhaps old tight-fisted will front us some credits for use obtaining such things we can only get from those sources."

    He will continue the reaserch and try to find the names and locations of some information brokers.

    Actions
    Take 20 on Use Computer for 29.
    Mini Stats
    DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
    Init: +8 Perception: +9
    HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
    Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

    Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle (single shot)

    Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw
    ___________________________________

    Mack Granger CS
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #38
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,536

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Verana agrees to 5500, with Mack's help.
    Sloor stands up and squeezes the captain's hand in two of his to seal the deal -- quickly, before the man comes to his senses.

    "Was expecting him taw bargain us dawn taw three awr fawr," he whisperingly admits to TB once he gets back to his seat. A shake of the head, "This awne's gawing taw be a doozy."

    He's half dreading and half-excited about it, actually...

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    "I don't have that information," Varth says as Sloor asks about how often the trades happen. "I just know that he has something to do with this project."
    "Ah well. Dan't think finding him will be *taw* tawgh anyhaw: you want taw daw business, you gawt taw be visible *sawmetimes*."

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Mack comes back after awhile and suggests, "Sloor, I think we will need the services of a good info chant once we are dirt-side. Perhaps old tight-fisted will front us some credits for use obtaining such things we can only get from those sources."
    The besalisk looks up from the pile of separatist missiles he's examining, most of them still in their boxes, "Well, I knaw a spirk who might knaw a spirk awr taw, if you knaw what I mean... I guess I cawld place a call and get things gawing while we travel. What infaw are we looking fawr exactly? Rap sheet? Bank transactions? Medical recawrds maybe?"


    GATHER INFORMATION: 19, representing time spent in travel calling his contacts to see what kind of rep Darga has in the underworld and what he is into (in terms of business (Where does he get his money from?) AND his more publicly known pass-times/vices). That Take10 gets Sloor "Detailed news stories and a guess as to the veracity of major rumors" with an investment of 50 creds. IF everybody - Mack, Mir AND Darius - succeed in an Help Another attempt, we MIGHT be able to get a police rap sheet out of the deall though (i.e. "secret" information)...
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Sunday, 10th April, 2011 at 03:13 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #39
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    As the meeting seems to be drawing to and end she comments to Sloor, "Think R5 might be helpful at all. If he has taken over where Switch... well, left off?"

    ((Gather Information Aid... 1d20+3=9 No help there... ))

  • #40
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,536

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    OOC: Good thought, Songdragon! "You must pass some experience around before you can give more to Songdragon.". Maybe that could be worth a +1 circonstance bonus as...

    Oops, mis-remembered the rules: looks like Sloor needs at least one succesful help another or all he'll get are "Major news headlines and widely-known rumors" (paraphrasing). We need at least a 20 on this one, guys...
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Sunday, 10th April, 2011 at 05:59 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 124 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. All Rogues Game: Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy
      By Hobo in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: Wednesday, 26th December, 2012, 12:07 AM
    2. Replies: 190
      Last Post: Monday, 10th December, 2012, 02:43 AM
    3. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    4. Replies: 1071
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th March, 2011, 06:56 PM
    5. Encounters in a wretched hive of scum and villainy?
      By Ambrus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th August, 2007, 05:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •