Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor rears up, frekking insulted, and then something clicks: no greed; she has no frecsing greed! Doesn't think anything of spitting on what they've gained so far (the ear of a Hutt, for frecsing out loud! Access to his network. Access to the coming Imperials!), doesn't think of future gains -- either for the frekking long term 'mission' OR for themselves personally later on. She's only thinking of helping in the now - a flash to the felucian village - again.

Which is scary as all hell by itself, but "The prawblem cawmes when you frekking need taw shoot a plan that has an actual chance awf wawrking in the face while carrying awt sawmething that prawbably has naw frecsing cawnnection taw why we're here, Sra." He raises a pair of hands in an appeal to frecsing common sense, some of his exasperation coming through at last: "What's WRANG with wanting taw peek intaw this lawvely black bawx you spirks are handing us *befawre* we stake every single frecsing thing we awn an it?"

OOC: Holding off on the rest till this is settled.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack throws his two credits in, "Discretion is the better part of valor, or some drek like that."

"Of course, if the castle needs to be stormed, then the middle of night is as good a time as any. So, recon in force it is?"

The soldier flips the power on his blaster rifle and the faint whine of the weapons cells charging can be heard in the silence of waiting for Mir and Darius to say their peace.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

"So, recon in force it is?"

The soldier flips the power on his blaster rifle and the faint whine of the weapons cells charging can be heard in the silence of waiting for Mir and Darius to say their peace.
"You gawt taw see that it's reason," softly concludes Sloor, a bit worried by her lack of immediate response (you can see it in his eyes).

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Sloor, "Beyond getting the information we needed, there was a plan? We obviously see the galaxy in a different way. I had no intention of blindingly charging into the unknown. If I had skills with a computer or something other then stealth I would use them to see what is going on in this place. Darius wanted to do this with just me. I was the one that thought better of it and made a point to come get the help of Mack and yourself."

She pauses for a moment, "You have no idea what it like to always looking over your shoulder waiting to be hunted merely because I have a gift. The Empire may not like aliens all that much, but they fear those like me, and have everyone else made to fear us too. I am not looking for sympathy, but telling you this because the two we are looking for might be like me. They do not deserve to suffer any more than I do."

"So, lets check things out and see what it leads to. Just maybe, they have information into what we are looking for. If you have any other ideas, I am willing to listen to them." Mir looks at the three men and droid before her to see if they have anything to add.

(( Wow... that turned into something more than what I was expecting. ))

[sblock=Mir's Mini-Stats]Scout 2/ Scoundrel 1 / Soldier 1
Initiative: +9 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
Reflex: 19 Frotitude: 17 Will: 17
Hit Points: 44 of 44 Threshold: 17 Second Wind: 2 of 2 (13 HP healed)
In Hand: Heavy Blaster Pistol +3 (3d8+1)
Force Points: 7 Destiny Points: 4
Force Powers: Cloak, Mind Trick, Mind Shard, Negate Energy, Force Blast, Rebuke, Vital Transfer
Force Talents: Illusion, Force Harmony[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius steps between Mir and Sloor, one hand upraised.

"This was why I was reluctant to involve them," he says to Mir over his shoulder. Turning to Sloor he meets the besalisk's eye. "And so much for being discrete about what we are doing here. Why not tell wake up the Hutt and tell him everything?"

He takes a step back and shakes his head, trying to calm his feelings.

"We're not going to compromise the mission. No-one is going to be blasting anyone out of prison. Not tonight. Not until we've met the Admiral's friends."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack flips his blaster rifle to stun, but despite what Darius says, the soldier will take it wherever he goes.

Though he did raise an eyebrow at Mir's mention of computer research, "Mir, babe, I had not seen a computer console around here. Did you have something in mind? I have my interface visor around here somewhere."

He pats his utility belt where he he keeps it.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

Darius steps between Mir and Sloor, one hand upraised.

"This was why I was reluctant to involve them," he says to Mir over his shoulder. Turning to Sloor he meets the besalisk's eye. "And so much for being discrete about what we are doing here. Why not tell wake up the Hutt and tell him everything?"
Said besalisk pushes himself up to a standing position in front of the former jedi, quadruple arms flexing: "What the frek is your prawblem, Darius man? Dan't trust the scrambler awr sawmething?" And he sure as frek wasn't the first one to mention 'information', 'not making friends with Darga' or 'let's all go shoot up the Hutt's guards and free some of his frekking prisoners' for that matter!

He takes a step back and shakes his head, trying to calm his feelings.

"We're not going to compromise the mission. No-one is going to be blasting anyone out of prison. Not tonight. Not until we've met the Admiral's friends."
Naw was that saw frekking hard?, wants to push its way out of Sloor's mouth, but the big alien somehow manages to stick to: "Gawd. Then we're agreed." Jerk.

Mir looks to Sloor, "Beyond getting the information we needed, there was a plan?"
"Always," he automatically fires back, puzzled that she'd even ask. "You gawt any idea haw useful an inside with a Hutt can be in awer kind awf wawrld, Sra?" Even a Hutt that's a bit out in the dumps at the moment... Maybe *especially* a Hutt that's a bit out in the dumps at the moment!

Besides, the plan he was talking about was the original get-into-Darga's-organisation-ransack-his-data... Then it comes to him. "You're nawt thinking *they* have it all in their heads, are you Sra?"

<Response Mir?>

Dr Simon

Explorer
If Darius is intimidated by Sloor's posturing he doesn't show it.

"Frankly," he says, "No, I don't trust the scrambler. The trouble with ECM is that there's always better ECCM." He takes a few paces across the room and rubs the back of his head.

"Listen," he says, "All I want is to investigate the presence I felt, see where it leads. I wasn't going to do anything, hm, disruptive, until the time came to say goodbye to the Hutt." Unless circumstances required otherwise, he doesn't add. "I was going to investigate alone, but Mir felt the presence too and came and found me. She wanted to involve you two, not me, but," he holds up a conciliatory hand, "I admit that you're probably better at dissembling than I am. And, as leader of the Crimson Fists, Sloor, I guess you should make the decision." His faint smile is laced with sarcasm.

OOC: Fred, yeah "jerk" is about the attitude I'm aiming for with Darius right now ;)

Binder Fred

If Darius is intimidated by Sloor's posturing he doesn't show it. "Frankly," he says, "No, I don't trust the scrambler. The trouble with ECM is that there's always better ECCM." He takes a few paces across the room and rubs the back of his head.
"TB?"

TB zooms in on their surroundings -- the cracked walls, the burnt wall lamp, the afternoon dust that hasn't yet been vacuumed away... "I believe I may be ahead of the curve in this particular case." A pause. "Organic ears are a more likely cause of worry..."

"I admit that you're probably better at dissembling than I am. And, as leader of the Crimson Fists, Sloor, I guess you should make the decision." His faint smile is laced with sarcasm.
Uhu... "Saw that's TAW vawtes fawr sanity and a general lack awf blawing up Darga's palace. Any other takers?"

Songdragon

Explorer
"I do not know what they might know. Only one way to find out." Mir says as she watches the menfolk do their thing.

"Well if someone has listening devices set up, lets get going before they get any more suspicious then then already might be." The woman suggests.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases