Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

possum

First Post
The dark-plated form of Switch the protocol droid projects from Mack's datapad. "Greetings old friends," the droid speaks in its familiar voice. "First, I must apologize for this deception," The protocol droid disappears for a second and is replaced by the R2 unit that survived the firefight aboard the station. The TC droid in the room with you gives a short exclamation of surprise. "But I do frequently communicate with humanoids that would be quite surprised to learn of my actual stature."

"That makes sense," TC replies.

"earned something valuable that may be quite useful for you. As my contact there has no doubt told you,"

"I did," Darga's droid nods.

"free due to your help here. Late at night, someone has been transmitting information from Darga's palace to the local Imperial bureau and getting information in turn. Six Six here has recorded some of the info, but even my encryption cracking has been unable to pierce these codes. I've instructed him to record the transmissions from the past few nights and pass them on to you. Maybe you'll be able to make sense of them."

"I put yesterday and tonight's messages on the same chip," Six Six explains. "If you are able to slice them, please let me know so I can pass them on to the R2--I mean Switch..."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"They're willing to fight and kill for money and entertainment. Regardless of any bonhomie I think it'd be unwise to treat them as friends."
"Saw naw hawpe fawr the taw awf us then?" he jokes back. Looks like Darius still hasn't figured out who he's dealing with... "And it's frekking better than 'for the Greater Gawd', if you ask me." He makes a disgusted noise at the back of his throat.

<Response Darius/Mir?>

[in the Guard Station]
PerrinMiller said:
Still being slightly inebriated himself, Mack blurts, "Eh? Did that astromech droid repair the infochant? Or is that little guy just using his name?"

On his side of things, it's all the besalisk can do not to collapse in relief/disbelief (and maybe slug the protocol droid for scaring them like that while he's at it, frekking thing!)... But Brentaal *station*, uh? Being station-born himself, he can't help agreeing with that classification: we'll just see who's orbiting whom, Brentaal! And they might not be out of the (gravity) well just yet: "Saw whoever asked you taw find us and...?"

The droid takes a memory chip out of his chest chassis. "He says that this is free due to all of the help you've given him. Especially the recent reorganization, whatever that means..."
"He's gawtten a bit shawrter, I think," replies Sloor while Mack slots the chip.

"But his stature has grown exponentially," echoes TB's voice from his datapad. "As it should be. As it one day will be for all."

"Still awes me a desk thawgh," concludes its owner with a dark grin.

And then it's showtime:

The dark-plated form of Switch the protocol droid projects from Mack's datapad. [...]

"I put yesterday and tonight's messages on the same chip," Six Six explains. "If you are able to slice them, please let me know so I can pass them on to the R2--I mean Switch..."
"A tip?" offers Sloor, gesturing to the creds still piled on the table.

OOC: By my count there's 600 creds on that table.
The besalisk drains the last of his bottle, almost asks the droid about the two jedis, decides discretion is the better part of... and then just rolls with it: "By the way, what's with thawse taw pawpsicles in there? That was a frecsing surprise, let me tell you; was *nawt* expecting that!"

<Response 66?>

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Saw naw hawpe fawr the taw awf us then?" he jokes back. Looks like Darius still hasn't figured out who he's dealing with... "And it's frekking better than 'for the Greater Gawd', if you ask me." He makes a disgusted noise at the back of his throat.

Darius merely shrugs dismissively.

"There's always hope," he says.

During the conversation with the droid he pays as much attention to the surroundings as he does the discussion, just in case.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Thinking about the transmissions, Mack comments, "I can give slicing a try, using my interface visor. But, at best I am only marginal passable at this sort of thing."

"However, it sounds like we will learn the identity of a mole in Darga's court. This will earn us trust or give us leverage depending how we use that information."

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir responds to Sloor's earlier question, "No problem, we merely chose the right course of action for the moment."

Leans over to Darius the group watches over the message, "He's a friend we helped out awhile back. Looks like he's returning the favor."

She looks at Mack hoping he is up for the task knowing her computer skills lack anything but the basics.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mir responds to Sloor's earlier question, "No problem, we merely chose the right course of action for the moment."
Like pulling tentacles off a dianoga sometimes. "But you ain't happy abawt it. Sra." A statement, with a whole lot of question marks at the end: What's not to frekking like?

<Response Mir?>

Darius merely shrugs dismissively. "There's always hope," he says.
Sloor grins, and raises his bottle in mocking salute: got to admit, that was well said!

[The guard room]
"However, it sounds like we will learn the identity of a mole in Darga's court. This will earn us trust or give us leverage depending how we use that information."
"I frekking agree," nods Sloor. AND the mole might be an easier source of info on the Sarlacc project than either Darga OR the imperials!

But that bit he keeps for himself for now: no knowing just how loyal 66 is to his present Hutt employer, right?

OOC: Waiting for the protocol droid to vacate before they get back to their planning.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer

Leans over to Darius the group watches over the message, "He's a friend we helped out awhile back. Looks like he's returning the favor."

She looks at Mack hoping he is up for the task knowing her computer skills lack anything but the basics.

Darius raises an eyebrow.

"A most enterprising droid," he mutters.

Thinking about the transmissions, Mack comments, "I can give slicing a try, using my interface visor. But, at best I am only marginal passable at this sort of thing."

"Which is more than I am," says Darius with a slight smile, possibly meant to be encouraging.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack pulls out his computer Interface visor and give it a shot.

"Let me see what I can do."

OOC: Take 10 on Computer Use (+10) for a 20.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
"Yes," the droid states as he sees the frozen humans for the first time. "That is not something that I was aware of." He gives a slight shrug motion before leaving.

As Mack does a basic attempt to decrypt the transmission, he is unable to do so. Maybe if he tried just a little bit harder...

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks over mack's shoulder... "I heard some spacers mention an algorithm they used to cut through Imperial 'interference'..."

(( Aid another: Use Computer 1d20+4=16 ))

Last edited:

Remove ads