Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Songdragon

Explorer
She looks to Sloor with a shrug, "Perhaps... if they are not shielded somehow. I would prefer that not occur, considering who the visitors might be."

"We need to act... very soon. It would seem our window of opportunity closes, fast." Mir comments as the group heads to their quarters.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack agrees with Mir, "Yes, I think so too. We need to decide how we are going to use that new information and get started ASAP."

OOC: Did the protocol droid really leave or is it going to answer Sloor's and then Mack's questions, possum?
[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
OOC: The droid leaves before the questions are asked. A little rude, sure, but considering he is employed by a Hutt...

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Reaching his quarters, he opens the door and ushers the others inside. Shutting the door after everyone's inside, Mack asks, "Well, what are we going to do tonight? Anything?"

"Or are we just going to hit up Demos first thing in the morning?
"

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I wanted to find out more about the disturbance in the Force that we sensed," says Darius. "Now that I know who and where it came from .... Well, they're not going anywhere yet and there's nothing to be done right now. I suggest we wait, and watch." He gives a wry smile. "My old master used spend hours trying to teach me to let go and allow the Force guide me." Darius raises his eyes skywards. "Looks like I'm going to have to put some of your teachings into practise, Master Kwon," he says.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[Guard station]
She looks to Sloor with a shrug, "Perhaps... if they are not shielded somehow. I would prefer that not occur, considering who the visitors might be."
"Nawt that gawd then... Then haw abawt bawdgering a tracker frawm... uh." What the frek has transmitting functions? "Awne awf awer cawmmlinks maybe? Hey TB, we still gawt that awld awne we bawlted taw you befawre you gawt the internal installed last week?"

"That was back on Alderaan," pointedly corrects the still watching droid, "but yes, oh lord of forgetfullness."

A questioning jerk of the chin/raise of the brow ridge towards their fill-in techie: "Haw abawt it, Mack man?"

<Response Mack?>

[Mack's quarters]
"I wanted to find out more about the disturbance in the Force that we sensed," says Darius. "Now that I know who and where it came from .... Well, they're not going anywhere yet and there's nothing to be done right now. I suggest we wait, and watch." He gives a wry smile. "My old master used spend hours trying to teach me to let go and allow the Force guide me." Darius raises his eyes skywards. "Looks like I'm going to have to put some of your teachings into practise, Master Kwon," he says.

Sloor slumps halfway into Mack's unmade bed, not bothering to ask permission. (Frekkingly long day *this* has turned out to be!) "Alright, saw what did we learn exactly?" He genuinely seems more than a bit fuzzy on the subject, tiredly rubbing the left side of his face. "Slave traders are cawming in tawmawrraw -" A snort, "-I mean: tawday! Can we use that sawmehaw? Jawin the tour and see fawr awerselves awr sawmething...?" Seems to him Darga's end of the Sarlacc has (maybe) something to do with supplying the raw materials, so to speak... And frek, finding that out is still their prime mission, right?

Then there's the bit where Darga's most trusted droid didn't know about the two carb-sicles down there. Still not sure what to make of that... "You knaw, we *could* gain majawr bawnus pawints if we gaw taw 'nawble' Darga *first*. Ask taw blackmail Demaws with the infaw and see what cawmes awt?"

<Response all?>

[sblock=OOC]And I'm back! Sorry for the no-posts of the last few days, folks: we were showing end-users around and that really fills up the days with breakfast meetings, visits, presentations, explanations, meetings, eating out (and drinking :)) with them during the evening, etc. Thankfulky, that should be my last convention for a while. Can't swear on the end-users side of things though. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

<At the Guard Station>

With his mechanical interface visor he looks at modifying a spare comlink for such purposes while he says thoughtfully, "Let me see..."

OOC: Take 10 on Mechanics (+10) for 20.

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Bring it awn dawn, TB," orders the besalisk with a wave of his arms.

While the both of them do their thing, Sloor pushes himself out of the guard-station chair and sets about quietly setting everything back to what it should be, including pocketing his winnings and returning the keycard to its proper place around Three Tops' neck. He feels strangely peaceful now, ridding on quiet fumes... "Any luck?"

OOC: I make our winnings to be 100 cred for Mack, 100 creds for Sloor.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir waits until a scambler is activated before speaking in Mack's room and comments, "Well the droid is just that. Most people overlook them as just another part of the decor." She looks to TB, "No offense."

"As to what to do. I suggest we do not confront Demos. I think that would tip our hand. Watching and listening is usually the best option, but I do not think we have that sort of time. Not long term. Bringing info to Darga that his major domo would get us good with him, but we would need to explain where we got any info. Maybe..." she things several moments.

"Maybe something like that is why we were here in the first place. We came across the transmissions and thought it might be a good move for the Crimson
Fists to get in good with a Hutt... make some credits for everyone. Of course, that is going to take some convincing... and likely some sort of confrontation with Demos."
Mir suggests.

((Possum, within any of the data that was given to us, is there any mention to Sarlacc Project or something similar... special project, project? ))

perrinmiller

Adventurer

<In the room>

Mack is torn on the decision, not being able to really think like a scoundrel. The law enforcement side of him wants to rat out the major domo, but he hesitates to champion that route.

Looking at Sloor he shrugs, "Dunno, I could go either way on this."

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads