Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack shrugs, "If you say so, Sloor. Not being really familiar with the underworld myself, I am wondering if some of us can pull it off. It would appear to be a case of deciding between the lesser of two evils."

"On one hand, we might cover more ground in pairs and have an air of confidence."

"But on the other, one pair might not be perceived as criminals at all, but undercover law enforcement or worse."

"It would seem the smart play would be to stick together. Besides, getting into Darga's inner circle will take time, I am sure. Perhaps we will need to rough up some people just to prove ourselves and having overwhelming force in that tactical situation is always a plus in my book."

OOC: Do we have an OOC consensus of 2-1 in favor of staying together?

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle (single shot)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The besalisk blinks at him a few times. "You gawt the weirdess arguments sawmetimes, Mack man." He shakes off (most of) the alien weirdness - and frekking hopes it ain't related to that insane bout of optimism back on Felucia... "Never mind the arguing then. *I'm* gawing taw the cantina. You spirks can trail behind if you really want taw."

He walks out of the cockpit area, good-naturedly waving away any other concerns: "See you at the lawck." It's... almost funny in a way. :devil:

«Sloor will meet the gang back at the airlock when it's time to go:
By then he's put on his iconic red half-jacket with the white fur collar, and both his heavy pistol AND his new danger-red vibro-mace are now holstered at his waist (right and left hip respectively). "Gawt a few snaps awf the 'merchandise' while I was at it taw. Dar man, shawt me your cawmm cawde, will you?"

Assuming Darius gives it, Sloor will input it into his datapad.

«That's why we're waiting for TF's vote. Sloor's preparing his force point just in case. :)

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
"Ive no problems being one with the seedy underbelly of the 'verse, at least for the time being. It seems changing my identity every few months is the easiest way to stay under the radar of the empire anyways..."

Darius hands over to com to Sloor, still reeling from the "friendly shake".

"But it may be wisest to stick together for the time being. Mack brings up a good point. When was the last time you saw criminals in pairs? That seems something more in the vein of undercover law enforcement, or jedi."

Darius smirks as he retrieves the com from Sloor with a wave of his hand.

"And thats the last thing we want to be thought as...."

Binder Fred

"Mack brings up a good point. When was the last time you saw criminals in pairs?
(At which point the big alien shares a look with his droid. Both decline to comment, though a corner of Sloor's mouth keeps wanting to go up for some reason...)

Sloor exits as previously described.

[At the Airlock, some time afterwards]
Darius hands over to com to Sloor.
The besalisk looks at it in his hand, then back to Darius, seemingly nonplussed: "Nawt the technical type, are you?" He immediately hands the comm over to TB: "Quite alright, I ain't either. S'why I keep a faithful jack-awf-all-trades toolbawx by my side at all times." A friendly clonk on TB's hull.

"A certainty," drily agrees the droid... It drifts up, half its attention on the task at hand. "Now why do *I* keep you by *my* side again?"

"Superiawr entertainment value?"
fires back Sloor with a predatory grin.

"Yes, that *must* be it." After a few quick trial and error, TB gets the jedi's comm to handshake with Sloor's datapad, transferring the comm CODE he originally asked for -- and the pics he took of the missiles while it's at it. "Here you are, Darius of the grays." One of its three-fingered manipulators extends, holding forth his comm.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack grabs his gear and meets the other at the ship's exit. Seeing Sloor and his sidekick (or is it the other way around) doing their typical banter.

"I am ready, whenever you guys are."

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

"Wander what custawms' like arawnd here?"

OOC: Possum, is it too late to get fake licenses for the blaster carbines Sloor and Mack are carrying? Sloor would've called one of his contact on Sel Zonn during their two week break, have her make something relating to a fake sec company or something (it's Restricted gear). Let me know.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
OOC: Okay, but it'll cost you 250 for each weapon.

IC: The spaceport is moderately busy, but aside from a few propaganda posters on the walls is free from any Imperial presence. Captain Okeefe warns you, however, not to let this fool you. Anything very out of the ordinary is likely to bring heavier attention upon yourselves.

The city so far is still reeling from the effects of the Clone Wars; permacrete rubble from bombarded buildings still litter the street, and a landspeeder has to veer sharply to avoid it. A few Neimoidians dressed in shabby clothes walk around.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

OOC: Mack doesn't need a license for his rifle (not carrying the carbine anymore) as he already had one. But he is not planning to license the grenades unless Sloor does. ;)

Mack takes a look around and the war-worn spaceport around them. he remarks sarcastically, "Pleasant looking place, huh?"

With his rifle casually carried, by the front stock in his left hand, he follows behind Sloor once he moves along.

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
As Mir gathers up her things as she heads out she looks to the Captain, "Stay safe. We'll be in touch when we can."

The woman then steps out on the ramp of the ship following the others into the spaceport. She looks about causally just to see if there is anything or one to be seen before continuing on...

(( Perception 1d20+8=25 ))

Binder Fred

The spaceport is moderately busy, but aside from a few propaganda posters on the walls is free from any Imperial presence. Captain Okeefe warns you, however, not to let this fool you. Anything very out of the ordinary is likely to bring heavier attention upon yourselves.
"We'll blend right in," assures the besalisk with a backhanded slap on Darius's shoulder, sharing the joke. "Keep the hawme reactawrs burning just in case, Sra captain." He strides down the landing ramp, gait loose and cocky, 'looking for trouble' grin firmly in place.

Mack takes a look around and the war-worn spaceport around them. he remarks sarcastically, "Pleasant looking place, huh?"

With his rifle casually carried, by the front stock in his left hand, he follows behind Sloor...
...as the besalisk is already heading for a likely prospect.

The big alien's mouth quirks: "Well, I *am* liking the airtight security saw far, Mack man... Hey, Friend!" Without pause he grabs his/her/its palm and slaps a ten credit chip into it. "Where's the place taw have sawme fun arawnd here?"

<Response bystander?>

Mir looks about causally just to see if there is anything or one to be seen before continuing on...

TB will do the same: 1d20+9=14. Is there an official-looking building in the spaceport area? One with "Customs" written on it in big black letters maybe? :)

OOC: OOC: Okay, but it'll cost you 250 for each weapon.

Sloor BARGAINS (1d20+9=28) it down to 125 creds. I'm going to assume that's a success,. :).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases