Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[Tibanna in the car]
"It was one of my suggestions to make legitimate money," Demos says. "The only one that Darga approved, sadly," he adds, a hint of bitterness creeping into his voice.
"Why I became my awn bawss a lannng time agaw," agrees the multi-armed one in his borrowed guise, all sympathy (though, really, it hasn't been that long, has it? Two, three years..?) "How'd you cawme by the idea?"

<Response Demos?>

OOC: Looking specifically for information on *where* this tibanna mining platform is located, don't you know. :)

[Planning session]
After a while, in the fullness of time, Sloor finally pings the now familiar door and then strides in with Darius and TB in tow, finding the blond soldier calmly maintaining his weapon on one side while Mir sits on the bed, just unfolding from her usual meditating pose.

He gets a weird impulse, seeing her like this, checks it, and then just goes with it: what the heck, you only live once. He picks Mir up by the shoulders, twirls her around once, grinning, and then plops her back from whence he took her, her hair just a bit mussier than before from the impromptu flight.

"Things are gawing well, I can just *feel* it!"

<Response Mir?>

Sloor plunks himself down on one of those weird low backless stools they have around here and looks from one to the other: "Saw haw did it gaw awn your end?" A gesture TB's way and the jammer's distinctive absence clicks into place as he leans one arm against an armoured knee, brown eyes twinkling. (They both notice he's lacking the crimsom, furred coat he went out with, now sporting only a sleeveless gray and white thermalware above the waist.)

"Darga took the news well enough. I guess when you are in a position such as he is, you learn to expect such things from those you work with. We are to be ready to act when we deal with the Imperials. If the D man is going to make his move it should be then... or just afterwards."
"Gawd gawing, sra! Bawth awf you!" Sloor is grinning like a happy, contented nexu. "Admit I'm a bit disapawinted abawt the slim Demaws-awffice hawl, but what the frek; getting Darga awn bawrd is a *huge* plus awn awer side..."

He lets the happy glow linger in his breast for a while before nodding towards the jedi quietly standing in one corner, "AWER little adventure wasn't quite that spectacular, fawrtunatly, but it did square *a frecsing lawt* awf things in my head. Fawr example, the frekking felucian thing had me awff the track campletely: [etc, see previous post]

"So it is about the gas then?"
"Darga's side seems taw be. That and biawlawgical waste dispawsal -- naw awffense, sra." He thinks a bit about what he's just said, a frown slowly developing... "But you're right: we're missing sawmething here. I mean: tibanna gas? That's frecsing weapan develawpment -- blasters, right? Why would you need to hide sawmething like that frawm the frecsing *senate*..? Unless there's sawme awther use for the stuff awr sawmething?" He looks to Mir and Mack, one being much better travelled than he, the other much more aware of the tech side of things than he is.

<Response Mack and/or Mir?>

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir is of course surprised by Sloor's actions... As she sits and regaining herself she looks to the besalisk, "You must be in a good mood."

She then comments, "Please, don't do that again..." And then smiles.

"Yes Tibanna gas is used for weapons of all sorts, from blasters to turbolasers." She considers Sloor's direction, "Looks like the Empire's up to building up it's weapons stocks... maybe even starship fleet."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"But there's no reason to hide that from the Senate," says Darius. "Sloor's right, the Empire can pretty much do as it pleases as far as armaments are concerned. Unless... unless it was something particularly nasty that the Senate would never approve."

Binder Fred

She then comments, "Please, don't do that again..." And then smiles.
The besalisk slowly grins back... "Naw prawmises."

He playfully punches Mack on the shoulder as he makes his way towards one of those weird low backless stools they have around here, plunking himself down on it. [etc]

"But there's no reason to hide that from the Senate," says Darius. "Sloor's right, the Empire can pretty much do as it pleases as far as armaments are concerned. Unless... unless it was something particularly nasty that the Senate would never approve."
"Mack?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack has cracked open the helmet seal and is just relaxing, reeling from each playful punch from the besalisk.

He replies, "I agree with Darius, the only reason to hide the weapons development would mean that outcries and disapproval of the project would be an issue. Sounds really, really nefarious and frakkin' dangerous. All the more reason to throw a hyperspanner into the works, no?"

He brushes his upper lip and notices a slight trickle of blood coming out. He pinches his nose, brow furrowed as he doesn't know what happened to cause a nose bleed.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
[Tibanna in the car]

"Why I became my awn bawss a lannng time agaw," agrees the multi-armed one in his borrowed guise, all sympathy (though, really, it hasn't been that long, has it? Two, three years..?) "How'd you cawme by the idea?"

<Response Demos?>

OOC: Looking specifically for information on *where* this tibanna mining platform is located, don't you know. :)

"Around four years ago when the Separatist Crisis started to gain more steam, especially after the Scarlet Thranta incident. Even the Senate itself seemed to be gearing up for war. And there's profit to be made in war if you know where to put your creds. Corellian Engineering already supplied the majority of the Republic's Judicial Fleet, so investing in them seemed to be an obvious thing.

Kuat and its subsidiaries were what really surprised me. I suggested buying some of their stock, but no where near what I advised on CEC. I did the math shortly after the war ended and even what little Kuati stock I had suggested would have made us all millions of perfectly legal credits.

I still have the datadisk with these findings in my office,"
he adds with a slight chuckle. "To remind Darga the next time he declines some of my business ventures."

Binder Fred

[CEC vs Kuat, in transit]
"Kuat and its subsidiaries were what really surprised me. I suggested buying some of their stock, but no where near what I advised on CEC. I did the math shortly after the war ended and even what little Kuati stock I had suggested would have made us all millions of perfectly legal credits.

I still have the datadisk with these findings in my office,"
he adds with a slight chuckle. "To remind Darga the next time he declines some of my business ventures."
(Better not ask to see *those* right about now...)

"Saw you figured you'd invest in sawme awf their main suppliers too, uh?" guesses Sloor, starting to see the shape of it. "And *that's* where the tibanna cawmes in! Smart." A back-of-the-hand congratulatory slap on the edge of the neimoidian's robed shoulder.

<Response Demos?>

OOC: Still fishing. :)

[The meet]
Mack brushes his upper lip and notices a slight trickle of blood coming out. He pinches his nose, brow furrowed as he doesn't know what happened to cause a nose bleed.
(Sloor throws him a look, but who knows with humans? Might just be the altitude of these frekking perched cities or something.) "Just thrawing it awt there, but species-specific weapons maybe?" From what he's been hearing, the Imperials are just the type who'd *love* to get their hands on a few of those...

<Response optionnal>

"Well, if it leads where we want taw gaw, I guess we'll frecsing find awt when we've gawt awr nawses against the thing." An internal chuckle: and it's roasting our backsides, most likely. "All we gawt taw daw naw spirks is fawllaw the frecsing Tibanna Trail!"

(Visions of small fellows with lollipos dancing on a golden yellow road anyone? :D)

A *lot* easier to do that with 'management approval', so to speak, from the inside... Not to mention those two frozen mudcrutches down there, which they apparently got to get out somehow... Huh? "What was that abawt Demaws 'making his mawve tawnight' anyway? We figure he's trying taw replace the Hutt awr sawmething?" Make it look like it's coming from an outside agency? Was that what the poison business was about this morning? (Wouldn't have pegged Demos as rabidly ambitious - more the high-level wheeling and dealing kind, really, and liking it that way - but then he's just met the spirk yesterday, hasn't he...).

A sudden thought makes the besalisk sit-up straight: "Awr are *the Imps* trying to replace Darga with a spirk already awn the payrawll?! Sawmebawdy mawre... flexible awn the whawle slave-tibanna thing?" That would explain the poison business this morning too (Demos sold that slaver-visit info to the imps, didn't he? Frekking right he did!).

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
He replies, "I agree with Darius, the only reason to hide the weapons development would mean that outcries and disapproval of the project would be an issue. Sounds really, really nefarious and frakkin' dangerous. All the more reason to throw a hyperspanner into the works, no?"

Darius nods somberly in agreement.

possum

First Post
[CEC vs Kuat, in transit]

(Better not ask to see *those* right about now...)

"Saw you figured you'd invest in sawme awf their main suppliers too, uh?" guesses Sloor, starting to see the shape of it. "And *that's* where the tibanna cawmes in! Smart." A back-of-the-hand congratulatory slap on the edge of the neimoidian's robed shoulder.

<Response Demos?>

"Even better," Demos says with a smile. "We bought one. Been using the gas to sell to the Imperials, for the slaves, sadly, as well as using it for our own operations."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack shrugs as Sloor starts speculating and explains what they learned on the datachips from Demos' safe.

Afterward says, "This meeting with the Imps will need our help. Basically, we continue on with what the Hutt Lord wants us to do, but need to make sure Demos doesn't escape as well. Darga wants to give him just enough rope to hang himself."

"However, I am not sure what we are going to do about the other issue, the package down below. Maybe, once Demos is out of the picture, we deal with it?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases