Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Darius gives a barely perceptable shrug.

"Yourself?" he says, and then the corner of his mouth turns up in the suggestion of a sly smirk.
"Moral bankruptcy is a fearsome foe," sympathises TB.

Sloor turns halfway back, more than half insulted: "Bankruptcy?! Sloor Sanbraiz always makes a marbling prawfit in the end!" A sharpened grin: "Why daw you think I'm *here*?"

"Let's all stick together, I don't see anything else we should be doing otherwise. We can contact Demos and keep him occupied. Probably right away."
"Let's daw!" agrees the muscled green one. "You in, Sra?"

<Response Mir?>

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

OOC: SD is AFK this weekend, and we have consensus. I would assume she agrees if possum can help us move along.
Mack tucks away the datapad and chips into his utility belt, grabs his helmet and rifle. Standing up, he says, "Come on, babe what else you going to do?"

"Lead on, Buddy. She'll come along. If nothing else to ensure we stay out of trouble."

The soldier gestures for Sloor to lead the way.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir agrees and heads off to bother Demos some more to keep the Neimoidian off his game... As the group approach the room she halts the group and reaches inside her to see if it is safe to enter...

(( Use the Force to Search her Feelings ))

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor turns halfway back, more than half insulted: "Bankruptcy?! Sloor Sanbraiz always makes a marbling prawfit in the end!" A sharpened grin: "Why daw you think I'm *here*?"
"To make a profit?" questions TB, politely doubtful.

"A *moral* profit!" corrects Sloor with some delectation. "Saving the whawle galaxy should be wawrth a few pawints, right sra?" And of course, some small additions to the old cred stick wouldn't be spat on either...

As the group approach the room Mir halts the group and reaches inside her to see if it is safe to enter...
Sloor spots her now familiar "turning inward" expression and pauses, feeling like a gambler who's just pulled the big lever...

<Assuming Mir gives the go-ahead:
"Hey there Demaws man! Sawrry taw bawther you saw soon after we just left, but we'd like taw discuss tawnight's meet with you, if you dan't mind? We gawt the why pretty much cawvered but we knaw frecsing *nawthing* abawt the frecsing where-haw-when. And, frankly, it's making me a little frekking nervaws." By this time the besalisk has strode-in, flipped a chair backwards and plunked his not inconsiderable bulk on it, side-ways to the desk. "You mind walking me and my mercs through the whawle sawrry mess..? I mean, fawr starters: are *we* in charge awf security awr just helping awt?"

<Response Demos?>

"Saw haw daw *you* see it gawing dawn?"

<Response Demos?>

OOC: Back for the rest of the week! Had some trouble with a drill breaking, a second one coming-in for a different kind of work, preparing everything for my time away from the site, etc... I think I've forgotten what boredom feels like. ;)

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Taking his cue from Sloor, Darius follows in closely behind so that Demos doesn't get an option but to admit the "Crimson Fists", and hopefully putting him on the back foot. He keeps his expression carefully neutral, as always.

possum

First Post
Mir is unable to detect anything that would be immediately dangerous in the room.

Assuming you all enter

"Well, yes," Demos says as he places a datapad and stylus down onto the desk, looking mildly annoyed when Sloor's bulk bumps into the desk and scatters a few things around. "Primarily you are to provide security, but Lord Darga and myself are not against you joining in on negotiations. Our primary deal is our Tibanna gas for Imperial slaves. As you've seen, the slaves are not in the best shape, leading to those who buy them from us to be most displeased... as you saw earlier this morning. We are now looking for a more monetary form of payment. We'd love to have it to be 100% Imperial credits, but that's never going to happen. Right now, we get a ratio of three slaves to each credit for the Tibanna shipments. Now, I don't mean that as in a single Imperial credit, but rather the average price of a hard-labor slave. We've simplified it somewhat."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack follows the other inside and stands by the door, almost like he is guarding it. He assumes the role of silent tough looking bodyguard and heavy shooter of the Crimson Fists, his helmet on his head and blaster rifle casually cradled in his arms.

His main job is to keep watch on Demos and look for signs of treachery and lying, "Are we expecting the Imps to do anything... underhanded or to steamroll things?"

Take 10 on Perception (+10) for 20

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
Demos looks at Mack when the soldier speaks, noting the helmet and blaster rifle. He nods. "I do not think that the Imperials will try anything too drastic, but after this morning's activities with the slave group, it's best not to take any chances. I assume that they will be offended somewhat by our offers, so be alert. I'm sure that the group of you will do just fine."

Remove ads