Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
(prior to the imperials)
[...] "You gawt taw be canfusing me with Mack man awver there, awr maybe Darius."

"My enemies make themselves," says Darius with a trace of bitterness.
"See?" Now that they look, there is a somewhat mischievous twinkle in his eyes, at the corner of his lips. "Besides, I'm sawrt awf thinking pawer ain't awer little guy's spice after all. [etc]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius takes a moment to scan the servers and other supposedly non-combat personnel in the room, for hidden weapons, communicators or any other tell-tale signs.

"Mir might be able to tell you for sure," he replies, tapping the side of his head with a small gesture.

possum

First Post
As Darius scans the servers and crowd gathered in the audience chamber, he is unable to see anyone or thing that he construes as a threat.

Mack is able to notice a few bounty hunters blending in with the crowd, as well as the standard Gamorrean guards.

The sealed wine is brought out and poured. the negotiators take a little longer of a break for the refreshments.

Binder Fred

(Prior to the Imperials [with a little recap since it's been a while])
"Besides, I'm sawrt awf thinking pawer ain't awer little guy's spice after all. Naw, what he really wants is *cantrawl* awver his bit awf things -- that and sawme frecsing *appreciatian*." Which he sure hasn't been getting from Darga...

"Maybe... but then, Darga is a Hutt," Mir replies with a shrug.

"And the frekking Emperor's a human," frowns back the besalisk.
From his expression, he takes Mir's tight-lipped silence as proof that he's hit the mark, hard and clean. "Saw if *we* can prawvide thawse things the little spirk's missing..." His grin grows wider as he sees realisation seep through the female scout's system. He says it out loud anyways: "I think we should try taw recruit him."

<Response Mir/any?>

(Imperials away!)
Sloor speeds his stride and goes to fetch that blessed bottle and a few random cups, figuring it'll be marbling hard to poison anybody that way. On his way back, he also takes the opportunity to do a round of the rooms surrounding, keeping his eyes open for anything out of sorts... Nothing so far. <I'm assuming, Possum?>

"Here we gaw, spirks," he announces, popping the cork with his teeth and then taking a shot of the amber-coloured Tiharr direct from the bottle to show that it's clean: "Ahh, perfectly deadly stuff, but in a marbling wanderful way... Sra?" he offers, filling up three cups for the three imperials. "Nawble Awne?" filling a cup for the hutt too. "Naw where were we? Sawmething abawt an 80% increase with payment all in creds, I beleive?" His teeth have taken on that somehow sharpened aspect they take when cred's in the water...

<Response Darga/Negotiator?>

OOC: Sloor is now two squares right and one square up from the Negotiator, at the edge of the platform.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
(prior to the Imperials)

Mir looks to Sloor with a perplexed look, "Recruit who? The Hutt or the Neimoidian?" And to what, the Fists or 'other'? And don't they both have their fingers in with the Imperials. They seem to be, independents, if anything else."

(Current)

Mir moves back to her previous position as the discussion on a course of action sees set. She will move back if more is asked of the group.

possum

First Post
"Yes," the negotiator says as she takes a drink from the glass offered to her by Sloor. "An 80% increase in credits and an additional twenty in biological shipments. That is currently our offer. Has Darga decided yet?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius catches Mack's eye and gives a slight shrug. Nothing spotted. He continues to watch for trouble, but perhaps his gaze lingers on the Imperial group more than other in the room.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack continues to scan around, his helmet turning left and right. His gloved hand has his fingers tapping the side of his blaster rifle, trigger finger just centimeter from the firing button.

He is alert and looks it. Whispering into his commlink in reply to Darius, "Agreed. All clear, I think."

Take 10 on Perception +10

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

(prior to the Imperials)
Mir looks to Sloor with a perplexed look, "Recruit who? The Hutt or the Neimoidian?" And to what, the Fists or 'other'? And don't they both have their fingers in with the Imperials. They seem to be, independents, if anything else."
Sloor holds up three fingers: "Little spirk. The Awther. Would think that'd be a bawnus, actually." He raises a brow ridge, still wondering what she thinks even though he failed to get the horrified 'you want to recruit him?!' he was half-hoping for. Sometimes Mir was too Demos-like for her own good... (Though - maybe he's just imagining it - but in her case it's always frekking on purpose, rather than by nature..)

<Response Mir?>

(Imperials away!)
"Yes," the negotiator says as she takes a drink from the glass offered to her by Sloor. "An 80% increase in credits and an additional twenty in biological shipments. That is currently our offer. Has Darga decided yet?"
"Awh we agree with the 80% part, sra," re-states Sloor with a salute from his own cup (why the frek not?), "*IF* payment is all in creds from naw awn: zeraw awrganics."

possum

First Post
"Zero organics?" the negotiator says with a shocked tone on her voice. "I don't quite believe that is on the table," she adds.

It is then that Mack and Darius notice something odd about the negotiator. She seems familiar to you, as if you've seen her somewhere before. It takes a few moments for both of you to realize that you've seen her on Alderaan, in the employ of Bail Organa.

Remove ads