Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Utterly unaware of this new development, Sloor looks to the Hutt and with his permitting wave, simply cues the prepared holorecording: tiny flickering holos of three tough-looking humans flanked by a Rodian, a black-furred Wookiee and a Zabrak appear at the edge of Darga's platform, facing the negotiator.

"The slaves that you've been selling us are worthless, Darga!" the recorded Zabrak begins. "They've been dying before we can even get them to market. They are used up--second rate, even! I want my credits back for my last four shipments!"

The recording plays on while Sloor crosses his arms, looking at the human woman rather smugly...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack is able to hide his facial expressions with ease, no one can see his face inside the helmet. He keys the commlink to only communicate to his companions that he has a message.

He still whispers into his commlink, "Perhaps we need a break to let both party's consider the proposals."

OOC: I don't think anyone has earbud commlinks do they. How did that happen? :blush:
[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
At the playback of the recording, an "oh kriff" look appears on the face of the negotiator. "The quality of the organics is fine when the shipments leave our facilities," she stammers, an obvious lie.

Songdragon

Explorer
(prior to the Imperials)

She shrurgs as she considers it, "I am not sure Sloor. I guess we will have to let things play out and go from there."

(Imperials away!)

Mir is paying attention to the conversation with some interest now. She looks to Darga to see how he is reacting to how events have come to unfold.

As her comlink beeps she looks at it then to Mack. She walks over to the man and whispers... "What is it?"

((Did we not all get something like that when we did the Felucia mission? There was a large shooping list prior to departing there...))

Dr Simon

Explorer
A small smirk crosses the face of Darius as the Imperial is caught in a lie, but he says nothing and instead spares a quick glance in the direction of Sloor, Demos and Dargas to see how this plays out, but otherwise he remains alert for anyone else making any aggressive moves,

Binder Fred

(prior to the Imperials) [took the liberty of moving Mack's very earlier comment down at the end as a closer; hope it's ok, Perrin]
She shrurgs as she considers it, "I am not sure Sloor. I guess we will have to let things play out and go from there."
"If he survives tawnight," agrees the green one with a wide, triumphant smile: *not* a straight out refusal then! "He's a *real* crack at the financial stuff, you knaw. Frek, if he can cawme up with anything resembling that pre-war fawrecast thing, *I'll* invest my whawle frecsing fawrtune with him!"

"Such as it is," lightly dismisses the smoothly gliding TB from the back.

"You're a big part awf that fawrtune right naw you naw."

"Hm... Then investing me could indeed return you a 200% TB profit," blandly agrees the droid.

Sloor's eyes go wide: "*Three* awf you?! Frek! Might have taw rethink that bit then..." He's grinning crookedly as he says it though. A stealthy glance Mir's way. (Reined in, carefully bottled up tight and put aside... Kind of makes you wonder what's underneath, doesn't it?)

Mack asks, "If we are finished with the small talk, shall we all go to the audience chamber?"

"Let's daw," claps Sloor, his buoyant mood holding strong. They're almost there anyways.

(Imperials away!)
At the playback of the recording, an "oh kriff" look appears on the face of the negotiator. "The quality of the organics is fine when the shipments leave our facilities," she stammers, an obvious lie.
Sloor lowers the volume on the holos with the flick of one hand, though they still stand about, forcefully gesticulating their unhappiness, a constant background reminder.

"Shame what shipping cawmpanies will daw taw their cargaw, ain't it? You'd almawst swear..." His predatory grin makes it clear he's not buying a micron of it (though he *is* a bit too busy to notice the flashing light on his datapad; sorry Mack). He wipes that away, still grinning: "But let it nawt be said Great Darga is withawt a giving heart. *I* was insisting we actually *charge* you spirks fawr awer generous awrganic remawval services, but the Great Awne said: 'we bawth might still prawfit frawm this'. The value of sawmething we can't sell is frecsing nawthing, sra, I'm sure you'll frekking agree, but if sawmeawne were taw heavily invest in, say, a hutt-cawntrawled, tawp awf the line medical repair facility, here awn Cataw Neimawidia, then the value awf that nawthing *might* be turned intaw a little bit awf a sawmething -- maybe nawt much, but the Nawble Awne is willing taw gaw that far taw be awf service taw you... Is he nawt the mawst generous being you've ever met?"

You could sharpen light sabers on his grin at this point as he finishes and half-rests his butt on the edge of Darga's platform, upper arms crossed, lower loose on his golden ammo belt.

OOC: If at all possible, Sloor is planning to interrupt her next line with/insert at the first opportunity: "Demos-man here has some numbers fawr you." with a cue to the robed neimoidian. Keep her off her feet for as long as possible, you know. :)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack gives a brief scoffing cough at the Imperial bitch's lie and even raises his left fist towards where his mouth would be on the helmet like he is covering it.

With Mir's attention, he explains, "That lady looks familiar, I saw her at Bail Organa's palace. She was working there."

"So we have a potential problem, I would suspect our cover could be blown. We are not the most inconspicuous group of beings."

"However, she has not called us out yet, making me wonder why. Maybe she is in fact a double agent. Though she just lied pretty badly, so I question her ability at undercover work."

[sblock=OOC]I checked in the character sheet thread, but did not see them listed. I think you are right though, SD. That being the case, then Mack coudl talk freely, no one hearing his voice through the helmet.

No worries, BF. :)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
The negotiator begins to speak when Sloor cuts her off, Demos comes in on cue and begins reciting the numbers that Sloor was looking for.

Binder Fred

Frekking per-fect! The little guy sure knows his stuff -- it's a frecsing brains and guts blitzkrieg, man! Darkly grinning, the besalisk keeps a strong focus on his prey of the moment as the accountant speaks, *willing* her will away -- buried under numbers, swallowed by the convictions of those around her... Cave in, sra - a self-mocking internal chuckle - it's what the frekking "current" wants!

OOC: Help Another on Demos' speech using Persuasion. 1d20+10=30. Critical sucess!

If nothing happens before the neimoidian finishes:
Sloor tilts his head sideways... "Your turn, sra." He's actually, almost openly curious: just what *is* she going to come up with to get out of this one?

<Response Negotiator?>

possum

First Post
With Sloor's great help, Demos is able to get the 80% increase in money and able to negotiate the amount of "Organic resources" to an almost minimal level. Annoyed that she had to give up so much, the negotiator begins to turn to leave.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases