Mystara Collector's Guide

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
All the Collector's Guide links were broken during the last Wiki upgrade, and I haven't yet tracked down and fixed them all. The Mystera Collector's Guide seems to be available here though.

Oh, sorry - I didn't realise. There's probably a quick way to fix them all. I'll take a look!

Thorf

Explorer
Echohawk — thanks for putting this wonderful guide together. While I've seen many over the years, this is the first that includes release months for almost every product. I find this especially useful, because I haven't been able to source the release months for many of the early D&D releases, especially those from 1981-1985. May I ask where you found this information? It would be even more useful if you could detail the sources.

Thanks!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Echohawk — thanks for putting this wonderful guide together. While I've seen many over the years, this is the first that includes release months for almost every product. I find this especially useful, because I haven't been able to source the release months for many of the early D&D releases, especially those from 1981-1985. May I ask where you found this information? It would be even more useful if you could detail the sources.
One of my major regrets from the time I spent compiling the Collector's Guides is that I didn't document the sources of all of the release dates better. In general the priority order for setting those was: 1. TSR catalogs. 2. Dragon Magazine previews/adverts/mentions. 3. Any online sources including the US copyright office records of publication date. 4. My own notes and records of when I added items to my collection. 5. Guesswork.

The early eighties are a particularly tricky period as TSR didn't release annual catalogs as reliably as they did from the mid-80s onward, but those releases are late enough in the D&D lifespan that there is less interest in documenting release dates on online fans sites. (The Acaeum does a great job of dating the first ten years of releases, for example.)

So, all that said, I'm confident that the release dates in the Collector's Guides are about 90% accurate. Where they are not, dates are unlikely to be out by more than a month. But alas I didn't keep good enough records of where I sourced each product's release dates to now be sure exactly which dates are confirmed and which ones are educated guesses.

My second major regret is that I haven't been properly maintaining these for the last five years, and they have become a little stale, and also don't include all of the late 4th edition and 5th edition mentions of all of the campaign settings. I could really use an extended sabbatical from work to revamp them all, but that's not likely to happen soon :(.

stanles

Explorer
hello Echohawk

My name is Shawn Stanley, I run the Vaults of Pandius, the official website of the D&D of Mystara. It was recently pointed out in on of the Mystara Facebook groups that I should host a copy of your Mystara Collector's Guide, http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?332819-Mystara-Collector-s-Guide, on the Vaults. Since I have a history of extracting things from places like The Piazza or Facebook for the Vaults, and I do not have a history of using the ENWorld forums, I like to reach out to people before doing that.

Therefore, would you be okay for me to host a copy of the Mystara Collector's Guide on the Vaults?

cheers
shawn

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Therefore, would you be okay for me to host a copy of the Mystara Collector's Guide on the Vaults?
You're welcome to host a copy on the Vaults. I will make a mental note to let you know as and when I finally get around to updating it with late 4e/5e mentions of Mystara.

Remove ads