Mystara Collector's Guide

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Awesome, as always. :)

I'm wondering if the Thunder Rift stuff should be separated out into its own subcategory, though. It is its own distinct mini-setting, though connected to Mystara.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Awesome, as always. :)

I'm wondering if the Thunder Rift stuff should be separated out into its own subcategory, though. It is its own distinct mini-setting, though connected to Mystara.
Thunder Rift seems so ripe for WotC to bring back as a great modular starter setting. Baffling that they haven't, either for 3E or 4E.

GreyLord

Legend
Even after all this time I find something new occasionally. I didn't realize the Endless quest books occurred in Mystara. How did you confirm all of those were in Mystara?

Something I didn't know.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Wasn't the D&D RTS made by SSI, Stronghold ('the Kingdom Simulator'), supposedly set in Mystara? It's been way too long since I played it.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Hmmm... I'm not sure there was enough Thunder Rift content to warrant a subcategory. That would basically be the Challenger line, minus Wrath of the Immortals, Creature Catalog and Champions of Mystara, I think.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Even after all this time I find something new occasionally. I didn't realize the Endless quest books occurred in Mystara. How did you confirm all of those were in Mystara?
I didn't! Those fall firmly in the category of "stuff that just has a D&D logo on it". As I mentioned in the blurb at the beginning, I decided to included those items in this Guide, even though they didn't necessarily have anything to do with Mystara. That said, they might be set in Mystara. I admit that I wasn't diligent enough to check that when making the Guide. I'm not sure most of them have enough setting information in them to establish which world they take place in.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Wasn't the D&D RTS made by SSI, Stronghold ('the Kingdom Simulator'), supposedly set in Mystara? It's been way too long since I played it.
It might have been, but I didn't find any indication that that was the case when researching this Guide (and I don't own the game). If you can find any corroborating evidence that it's set in Mystara, I'll happily add it to the list :D

samursus

Explorer

You must be another Mystara true-believer. I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at the Computer Games section.

OP: I am 99% sure Stronghold is based on Mystara (the other %1 would be only based on the BECMI rules, which I know is a fact)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases