[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]: It has Fort 13, so that's a miss. This would have been a good place to use the Orb power to target Will 12, but it also has +2 defenses against ranged and area attacks from camouflage.

[MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION]: Lilli's attack is enough to kill the spiker. Sorry, should have posted that earlier. I'll let you retcon Gil's turn.

[MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION]: That hit but isn't enough to kill it. Please put all the effects of your attack so I don't have to go back and check your sheet every time.

EDIT: wait, I forgot about Caustic Rampart that I missed last turn... Caustic Rampart (1d6+6=12) Holy :):):):), 12 more damage. So... it's still not dead. But it has 1 hit point left. Come on, Gil!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc chat]
Someone: It has Fort 13, so that's a miss. This would have been a good place to use the Orb power to target Will 12

I can do that?

EDIT: I think I see where the confusion is. The Orb of mental constitution's encounter power doesn't allow me to target a foe's Will instead of Fort; is an interrupt that allows me to use my Will for a enemy attack against my Fort defense or my AC, and also spend 1 power point when that ability is triggered to get a +4 bonus to Will.

Also, being somewhat bored, I calculated how much damage the caustic rampart did this combat, and it adds up to 67. A well spent daily.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm coming Karma! Gil makes his way toward the last known enemy, aiming with his orb to send another illusory horde after it. A swirling mass of insects erupts from the wizards hand and envelopes the ghoul. When the greedy bugs dissipate, the remains of the ghoul slump to the ground, drained of all vital fluid. Got it!

[sblock=OOC]

Move as close as possible to Karma and Ghoul Flesh Seeker (Not adjacent)

Standard Winged Horde on Ghoul, area burst 1.
24 vs will
4 psychic damage and ghoul cannot take opportunity actions until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn. Also, I think it may be dead.
roll lookup

Minor sustain CR
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC chatter]
Someone, thanks for looking that up, it is awesome! It really helped having the entire party pushing enemies toward the wall, and avoiding it themselves. Really enjoyed the combat JNC!

[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 26/27 Surges 7/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
“I was really worried for a minute there. I thought we were in serious trouble as opposed to merely being in a deep dark hole.”

She looks upwards.

“Bob, if I grab one end of the rope, do you think you could pull me upwards? I’m really not much of a climber. Also, I think I’d like a look around down here first, though that’ll be after a quick breather on my part. Is everybody alright, relatively speaking?”

[sblock=actions]Short rest after combat is over from Lilli to heal some of that damage.[/sblock]

After the dust settles, Lilli first looks casually around the section of cavern wall from where the Spiker first attacked her, interested to see if there may be material suitable for rituals (or indeed anything else) to be had.

[sblock=OOC]Question for the DM, Joe: are alchemical reagents are required in this game or can I use gold for rituals? Also, is there anything suitable to use in the area for me to use for a Make Whole ritual with an eye to making some protection for farmer Bob from the scraps of armour in the ghoul’s cavern.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: You need alchemical items or residuum. Gold doesn't cut it.

Congrats on the win. Excellent use of terrain. That was... not as difficult as I'd hoped. I'll have to ramp up the upcoming encounters.

Very busy today, will post the next update late this evening or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
“I was really worried for a minute there. I thought we were in serious trouble as opposed to merely being in a deep dark hole.”

raceportshardmind.png

We're still in the hole and the exit is still to be found. But before we go on, I've spent a great deal of the energy I'd need to restore myself and power my abilities. I require some time to restore it, time we could use searching this place.

Shale examines the large bug and what's left of the corpses. The lights in his face that supposedly work as eyes flash a couple times, but his inhuman face, if it can be called that, doesn't change and make impossible to know if it's a sign of curiosity, excitement, or any emotion at all.

"Still, I'd like to know what that creature was saying. I didn't understand the language."

"Also, if you need some reagents, I happen to have some on me. They've been there for weeks, I hope they're still functional"

[sblock=ooc]I think it's time to take a short rest, take a look at where those tunnels to the west and south lead, and check for some shinies on the ghouls. I have 30 gp worth of reagents on me, IIRC 5 gp should be enough to reapir a suit of leather armor[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
“Thank-you Shale, that would be most useful. If you prefer, I’ll reimburse you, though I suggest that we should collectively do that out of anything that may found.”

She smiles at the Shardmind appreciatively.

“If someone doesn’t mind picking up enough pieces of armour suitable for outfitting Bob and if he doesn’t mind standing in sight so I can get bead on his proportions, I’ll carry out one of my pieces of ritual magic once we all feel a little better.”

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis doesn't let his guard down, keeping a close eye out for any new threats.

"Way to go, Lilli! We're going to have to call you Lilli the Bug Killer! Wait, I'm not sure that sounds like a compliment."

He grins at the minature mage.

"Shale, you were impressive with your maneveuring the ghouls into the acidic fog. Nicely done everyone!"

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Inspiring word on Lilli: She gains healing surge plus: 1d6 → [1] = (1) Roll Lookup . Crud she only heals for 6.
If we have time for short rest, I will use another surge to get to 28hp.
Anyone else more than a healing surge below full?
I can contribute a HS for Gil's Restorative Mixture if no one else wants to which would take me down to 4/7 surges.

Also, the only reason that went easy was because CaBaNa and Someone kicked butt with the Caustic Rampart. :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=more ooc] Also, if I put my shield away, I have a +11 Athletics, which means I can pretty easily assist everyone (aid another) for the climb up. [/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
during the short rest Gil will spend a healing surge to recharge his infusion. Bringing him to 6/7 surges.

Bob! You ok?!
asks Gil after walking back to the hole. Still having fun?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases