[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Someone

Adventurer
“Thank-you Shale, that would be most useful. If you prefer, I’ll reimburse you, though I suggest that we should collectively do that out of anything that may found.”

"Wouldn't be appropiate. I didn't buy them in the first place."

"Shale, you were impressive with your maneveuring the ghouls into the acidic fog. Nicely done everyone!"

"Simple tricks, not difficult to discover. Compared at least with magic. Never understood why you turn to it, much more complicated and prone to disaster and warping, or directly ignoring, consensual social norms."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Bob's quavering voice comes down from above. "FUN? Ah'm terrified! Am ah coming back down, or are y'all coming up here? Ah don' wanna be left alone up here. That's things movin' back in them tunnels..."

Lilli finds a deep cleft in the wall which the spiker must have been hiding in. It's just big enough to stick an arm in and feel around...

Shale sees that, although the ghouls' scraps armour of armour have been irreparably melted by the caustic wall, the last remaining corpse has armour that could be salvaged: the leather has become brittle and cracked, but isn't falling apart completely. A Make Whole ritual should make it good as new.

Also, the adventurer's sack has rotted through and spilled equipment on the ground beside him: a rusty knife, a rotted coil of rope, a small wooden mallet (also rotted) and 12 iron spikes (also rusty), a sunrod, and 90 gold pieces.

The tunnel to the west leads straight on into darkness, beginning to slope downward. The floor is smooth and well worn. A wooden sign hangs by chains from the ceiling:

[sblock=Allarian]
To lower works
[/sblock]

The tunnel to the south veers sharply to the left almost immediately. The floor and walls are rough and irregular.

OOC: Short rests for all!

Someone

Adventurer
Shale shares the gold and hands Lily what's left of the leather armor, before concluding:

raceportshardmind.png

If we're looking for a way out I see more logical going towards the surface, not to descend any further

OOC: I've already deducted the value of the Make Whole's cost

[sblock=mini-stats]Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 1, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Lower Works? Yeah, that doesn't sound right."

Artemis slings the shield over his back, "I agree with Shale. Let's climb up. I'll hold the rope and give a push. Heck, I can lift Lilli half way there. No, I'm not looking up your dress. Wrap your legs around the rope and push as you go. Bob, can you grab them as they get closer?"

[sblock=ooc] Up sounds good to me. I've got aid another checks auto success with climbing. Does it make it any easier to have Bob and myself at both ends of the rope? [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil struggles to climb the rope, falling in his first attempt, almost as soon as he sarts climbing. He slowly makes his way, hand over hand, with Artemis' help, and eventually makes to the top. Once up top, the wizard retrieves his orb again, and casts a new light cantrip on the edge of the hole, lighting both rooms. We'll stay close, don't you worry Bob. Has anyone searched that last ghoul? I'll stay up here with Bob and play lookout while you guys finish down there. Also, can someone get Bob a proper weapon, something simple but effective? Gil scans the room while he speaks. Can you believe this?! We get to be part of the epic struggle for Artemis' soul! Cheer up Bob, you're with competent adventurers, nothing to worry about. 7 Rabbit said we'd be safe, and we are.

[sblock=OOC]
put up orb to free hands

Athletics to climb

Retrieve orb and equip.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 26/27 Surges 7/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: Now that there's nobody attacking you, you can all climb the rope with no roll needed. (In fact, everybody would make it by taking 10 except for Lilli anyway.) If worst comes to worst you can tie Lilli to it and haul her up...

Neil1889

First Post
"Way to go, Lilli! We're going to have to call you Lilli the Bug Killer! Wait, I'm not sure that sounds like a compliment."

Artemis slings the shield over his back, "I agree with Shale. Let's climb up. I'll hold the rope and give a push. Heck, I can lift Lilli half way there. No, I'm not looking up your dress. Wrap your legs around the rope and push as you go. Bob, can you grab them as they get closer?"

“I think I’d have rather fought the shrieky smaller ones, but thanks for the vote of confidence; makes me feel loved. Also, there’s many a reason why I wear breaches most of the time.”

[sblock=actions]Unless it’s an utterly repellent aroma or she spots something nasty like that webbing or more babies, she’ll reach in with her left hand and briefly prod about. She’ll have allotted a bit of water to clean her hand afterwards. Perception Check: Roll Lookup Total: 11
[/sblock]

When that’s over, she moves back to the bottom of the rope and gathers the smaller pieces into or onto her pack, but ties the larger ones to the rope end.

Grimly, she has a go at climbing it. “Do feel free to help, I’m not that proud.”

[sblock=actions]Athletics check: Roll Lookup Total: 4[/sblock]

“Ow, yes, it feels like this rope was made of thistles. Note to self: consider levitation in the future.”

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis hauls himself up to the next level up.

"Shale, the ghoul said it was here at the bequest of its master. The dark being that bound me to its service. I doubt it is done trying to kill me for trying to reject the pact."

He gets his heavy scarred rod and shield ready as he looks around the next room.

[sblock=stats] HP 28/29 Surges 5/7 [/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Once everyone has climbed up out of the hole, and you've retrieved your rope, you look around the upper cavern. This one is slightly smaller than the one below, and its walls and ceiling are reinforced with heavy wooden beams. A large metal pulley dangles askew from an iron bolt in the beam directly over the hole, with the frayed ends of a metal cable protruding from it. There are three other tunnels leading out in various directions. There seems to be no way to continue upwards - which is odd, since you could swear you fell directly through this space moments ago.

Farmer Bob rushes over to you in relief. "Thank the gods! Ah been scared out ah mah wits alone up here." As if in answer something shadows move with a fluttering sound in one of the tunnel mouths.

[sblock=Dungeoneering or Nature 10]
Bats.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases