[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Ah, I believed the challenge started at the large cavern and the bat thing was some sort of free success. Should be count on my last post as my action for the next round, or do I roll again?[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
“There may not be any bats in here after we’ve pursued them through that labyrinth, but there may still be some in one of these tunnels,” Lilli whispers, her voice sounding louder than she intended in the cavern. “Wait here; I’ll just quietly check if I can find any stragglers or perhaps some other small cavern beastie without scaring it off.”

She edges out to the wall and possibly fades from sight now and again as she discreetly investigates the lower exits.

[sblock=action] Stealth check: Roll Lookup Total: 25[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Artemis's shout cuts through the air in the cavern and echoes back from a dozen tunnel entrances: "WITH ME" "WITH ME" "WITH ME!" After the first sharp attack the echoes die away, but you can still hear them rumbling around in the tunnels. You have the unsettling feeling that the words will never truly fade, but will chase each other around the twisting passages for an eternity.

You also have the unsettling feeling that, if there's anything alive in the passages, they certainly know where you are now...

[sblock=Lilli]
Sure enough, you hear a snuffling sound and something lumbers around the corner, sniffing at the ground. It's a large four-legged beast with powerful digging claws, like a cross between a pig and a bear. The creature brushes past you and halts on the threshold of the tunnel, staring down towards the cluster of humans as if in shock. Then it grunts, backs away, and turns to gallop away down the tunnel.

You notice that its rear paws are covered with mud. Surface mud? You can only hope.

[/sblock]

OOC: 3 successes. Karma and Gil left to act.

CaBaNa

First Post
Who knew I'd get to see an oubliette?! Magic shifting oubliette to boot! Fantastic. Now we just have to identify what make and model it is, and we'll have the clew to get out! Gil reflects on the many labyrinthine structures he'd poured over in class. It is very possible, the exit isn't even "up", it could be "center". Could be "center" and "up", the bats would be using sonar, and instinct. Living in the maze probably helped them to adapt over time, and allowed them to travel deeper and deeper into the complex. scratching his head, Gil thought even harder on it, Artemis, this is probably designed specifically to trap you, we should have gone to the lower works... As that was opposite your intuition. But that was then, and we couldn't possibly get back there now. SO... I don't know... down, is as good as up, is as good as circles... Gosh I feel like such a worm, can't lend a helping hand at all.

[sblock=OOC]

11 history check, to expound on labyrinths and how they work...

[/sblock]

[sblock="Lower Works" If he'd gone that way...]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2xVZiGOw-o[/ame]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The more he thinks about labyrinths, the more Gil realizes that he's on the wrong track. This place doesn't feel "designed" at all, more like it was some sort of existing structure twisted to serve as a trap. But what could it possibly have been? Gil hasn't a clue...

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION] has a whole week to make his post, because I'm off on vacation! Will be back next Wednesday. We'll pick up round 2 of the skill challenge when I get back.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma thinks hard, one of the texts he had read was about a labyrinthe but it was just too long ago, WAIT I have it, the hero Isac Dragonslayer left a string to mark where he had gone... "bloody useless" Karma thought to himself remaining silent.

OOC:
History:
Roll Lookup + 10 = 12 (FAIL)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: I was thinking of Nature to follow the Wombat, but it did occur to me that my Animal Messenger ritual might be used (if we can get the beastie to stand still long enough) to try and send a message to 7 Rabbit (assume he's still on the hill) and we could follow it that way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases