[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: Ok, the Aid bonus is still available for anyone else to use. But only for physically demanding actions - not Thievery.

Artemis takes an attack due to his failure here. If Shale had been assisting him, Shale would have taken that attack too. Attack vs Reflex on Artemis (1d20+7=13)

The rest of you can still change your minds and go back into the maze if you don't want to risk taking attacks on failure. You just can't jump back and forth between the maze and here - once you've gone back to the maze, you can't get back here. (Yes, Shale's Aid Another is still available in the maze, but only for physically demanding activities.)

Artemis climbs to the top of the rockslide, quickly outdistancing Shale's assistance, and begins shifting rocks. Almost immediately the pile begins to slide out from under his feet. He leaps to safety just in time as a shower of rocks tumbles away beneath him - fortunately they land well away from his companions.

Neil1889

First Post
“Artemis? Are you alright?”

Lilli runs over to Artemis to check if he’s injured. She relaxes when she sees that he’s OK.

“I’ll help where I can, but I’m not cut out to be miner. I think I may be more of a hindrance here, but I’m for an attempt to clear the rocks away. I think I’d be better trying to figure out the maze, but if anyone wishes to point me towards any particular task, I’ll give it a go.”

Lilli looks over at Shale.

“So much for my brief idea about contacting 7 Rabbit and using the beastie in a ritual, then. Firstly, it’s cleared off and secondly I think it’d have trouble travelling a continent away.”

CaBaNa

First Post
Great! I've always liked playing with this stuff, but couldn't really afford it. Do you know how expensive an artificer toolkit is, I'm like, how do people pay for this? Seriously, my family doesn't even have the kind of reputation it takes or the collateral for loans toward that kind of thing. But still, everyone at school has one, like they were handed out on the first day or something. Gil stops talking awkwardly, anyway, could someone help me remove the rust, and find all the pieces. Someone could dig the rest of the machine out, and clean in front of the wheels so we can get some momentum going. Gil starts directing the excavation like a group project for school.

OOC: in other words can I get some assistance on this thievery check? Gil has oil and thieves tools, so he should probably be successful with some help. Anyone that wants to use that endurance assist can start digging out the machine, clearing the track, and doing any other physical labor present (bending pieces back to working position on the machine maybe).

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli summons her spectral Mage Hand, which then starts to pick up some of the more awkward small to medium rocks within the cantrip's reach and piles them safely out of the way.

OOC: Well, it lifts 20lbs objects within 5 squares, so it should limit some of the damage from rocks landing on her feet. Dungeoneering, maybe? She's not great at it though.

CaBaNa

First Post
Karma, would you gather some of the gears from the area for me, they may be hidden beneath debris so look carefully. Gil continues removing rust from the machine, slowly making a plan in his mind for how he would make the repairs. You ok Bob? Why don't you hold this light for us? Gil picks up a rock, casts a light spell on it, and tosses it to Bob.

OOC: [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION] just Karma and Gil left, waiting to see if Karma "assists" Gil.

Neil1889

First Post
After a tentative start, Lilli gains in confidence, but in her rush to help she is a bit slapdash in her initial approach to rock removal.

OOC: Arcana roll: D20+12-2. Roll Lookup Total: 13.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION]: For Aid Another, whatever you feel is reasonable. Since you're helping to repair the machine (mechanical fiddling), Thievery would be appropriate, or Perception to spot tiny pieces that may have fallen into cracks, or Dungeoneering to line it up on the tracks to be able to chew through the most rock, or Athletics/Endurance to scour off rust, Acrobatics to contort yourself to reach a hard-to-reach piece, Arcana if you have a magic ability that will help...

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil sets to work repairing the mechanism, sadly without directions all he can do is guess and check. Each time he places a gear it is wrong, never fitting properly for a smooth rotation. He starts to fiddle with his tools, adjusting and readjusting them, calibrating over and again.

Eventually he sets the tools down and huffs. I don't know what I'm doing here at all. I'll need more help. If everyone can help me, I'm positive we'll get this up and running!

12 thievery

OOC: If we aren't close enough for a full success, I say we go for broke, and try to get the one or two we'll need by using assist and strong primary skills.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases