[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil will be anywhere but the front or back. 19 Init
Can't give exp, but very surprising, enjoy the skill challenge interruption/enhancement. Great job JNC!

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Shale normally likes the middle of the group, 4th place if you'd like a specific place.

[sblock=mini-stats]Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 1, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli finds herself wallowing in the rear in almost waist deep water.

“Well, I suppose it’ll wash the blood, web and mud off,” she whispers.

[sblock=initiative]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2948255/ Total: 13[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As you are threading your way between the rock piles, Shale hears a grinding and scraping sound within the rock wall to his right. Before he can bring it to the others attention, the wall shudders and a chunk explodes outwards, narrowly missing him. It is followed by an armored claw which rips its way through the rock as if it were paper, tearing a huge hole in the wall. Framed in the passagway beyond is a hunched, hulking beast with a thick reddish carapace. Its insectoid head thrusts forward as it clashes its powerful mandibles and stares at its new surroundings with multifaceted eyes. An umber hulk!

The hulk pauses on the threshold and rakes a claw over its own carapace, ripping at the armored plates. It throws back its head and its mandibles strain apart as if it is trying to howl, but it makes no sound. It lurches to one side, banging into a wall, shakes itself, and turns back to glare at Shale, pain and madness in its eyes.

[sblock=Initiative]
Bob rolls 7: Initiative (1d20+0=7)
The Umber Hulk rolls 6: Initiative (1d20+4=6)

So everyone except Artemis can go now. The the umber hulk goes. Then everybody (including Artemis) can go, in any order.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules and Terrain]
You were travelling towards the bottom of the map when you were interrupted. The right edge of the map is the right wall of the tunnel.

The area marked "standing water" is about 8 inches deep and the floor beneath is slippery. It is difficult terrain.

The rock piles are about 5 feet high. Climbing them takes a DC 15 Athletics or Acrobatics check, and when you're on top you grant combat advantage due to the unstable footing. (And they also count as difficult terrain.)

Everyone can make free Dungeoneering and Heal checks to see if they can read the following two sblocks (these are monster knowledge checks). You can read the Perception blocks if you beat the DC with your Passive Perception, or if you spend a minor action on your turn to roll Perception.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dungeoneering 18]
Umber Hulks are known for burrowing tunnels through the earth - as you've seen. You've also heard that it is dangerous to meet the gaze of their strangely faceted eyes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Heal 12]
As the umber hulk moves its arm you see a bloated worm squirm between its armoured plates. Some sort of parasite?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 23]
There is a large bat clinging to the ceiling 20' above the rockpile at J7, wings folded. It's dark grey-black fur blends in with the shadows.

Stealth (1d20+9=23, 1d20+9=19, 1d20+9=15)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 19]
There is a large bat clinging to the ceiling 20' above the rockpile at L11, wings folded. It's dark grey-black fur blends in with the shadows.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 15]
There is a large bat clinging to the ceiling 20' above the rockpile at J14, wings folded. It's dark grey-black fur blends in with the shadows.

[/sblock]

Farmer Bob screams and presses himself against the far wall of the tunnel, placing one of the rock piles between himself and the monster.

[sblock=NPC Actions]
Farmer Bob:
Move: from L10 to M11
Minor: Perception check: Perception (1d20+0=11)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Farmer Bob: AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 11, Will 11
Maddened Umber Hulk: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will ??
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Artemis: 28/29 hp, 5/7 surges
Lilli: 21/22 hp, 4/7 surges
Gil: 23/26 hp, 5/7 surges
Shale: 31/33 hp, 6/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Maddened Umber Hulk: 0 damage taken

[MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION]: You never mentioned that Karma was healing after the last fight, so you're still at 24 hp. If you want I can let you say you spent a healing surge during the last rest, so you're at 30/30 hp and 3/5 surges remaining.
[/sblock]

External Map Link
[sblock=Map]
Climbing a rock pile takes a DC 15 Athletics or Acrobatics check and you grant combat advantage while on top of them. The standing water and rock piles are difficult terrain.

20zpmxj.png

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Amost as a reflex, Shale concentrates on the large bug thing, creating a mass of static energy. It pulses and send jolts of energy around which don't seem to damage the creature, but the pain from them doesn't allow it to move quickly.

As he does that, Shale hurries away from it as fast as he can, wading through the dark waters. When he looks back, he spots something strange at the ceiling.

raceportshardmind.png

Something weird over there. Looks like one of the animals we found earlier, only larger
says pointing at the ceiling, almost over Artemis' head.

[sblock=ooc]Using Static Mote at F10. Any enemy that starts it's turn next to it is slowed (no roll). Warning: the mote will explode in an area burts 3 at the start of my next round, so have it in mind when you move your character. Move action to move to M9, minor to roll perception.

I don't have very clear if we're supposed to roll perception once for all hidden text, or if every preception sblock needs it own roll. I went with the first option.

EDIT: Also, use Intelect Fortress (interrupt, +3 to defenses) or the Orb of Mental Constitution power (Interrupt, can use my Will defense against an attack against Fort or AC, and spend 1 power point for +4 to Will) if appropiate.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 1, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Keeping one eye on the bats above him he decided the umber hulk was the greater threat. "Watch out, above us" he called in warning.

Karma understanding his old colleagues spell prepares a prayer of his own, readying a spell of bone chilling fear to even the hardest of creatures. Waiting for the opportune moment to unleash it he brings it to his memory ready to discharge.

[sblock=actions]
Ready an action: When Umber hulk is effected by spell: static mote and is therefore slowed cast "cause fear" 21 vs. Will. If hits target moves it's movement +2(my charisma backwards avoiding difficult terrain if possible) As that would happen at the beginning of it's turn the umber hulk if hit starts it's turn at the C-D column?
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=arcana]
Roll Lookup 22 to recognise Shales power.
[/sblock]

[sblock=perception]
Roll Lookup Natural 20 to see bats
[/sblock]

OOC: yes please on the healing surge front

Neil1889

First Post
“The big clawed monster has a wormy-thing riding inside it!”

Lilli weaves a spell that creates visions inside the head of the large monster that threaten to spill over in to the mind of the worm she spotted.

[sblock=actions]
JNC: I think I'm on 19 hit points, not 21.

Dungeoneering Check = Roll Lookup . Total: 10. Nope!

Heal Check = Roll Lookup . Total: 21. Ooh a natural 20.

Nightmare Eruption at the Umber Hulk (if it hits, it will damage the parasite at least) = Roll Lookup . Total: 21.

Potential Damage to Umber Hulk = Roll Lookup Total: 8.

Nightmare Eruption (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d8+5 Psychic damage and any enemy adjacent to the target takes Psychic damage equal to your Intelligence modifier (+5)

I've realised some discrepancies on my character combat sheet forms that still exist after an original feat choice was vetoed. My truley sincere apologies, I'll use what's right and hopefully sort it out on Sunday evening.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil looks up, and back to the hulk, he notices several things all at once, and unleashes the only thing he can think to help everyone. The horde! shouts the young wizard, lifting his arms in the air! Thousands of centipede erupt from Gil's mouth, out of his sleeves, and begin scurrying up the walls and across the water. The bugs slip between the carapace of the Umber Hulk, and all over the Hulks eyes. Other centipede seem to be making a straight shot for the ceiling, and massing above Artemis' head.

Gil sloshes toward the dry land, Come this way Bob, stay close to me! Look at me, keep your eyes on me, and come this way! Don't turn around, look at me Bob, don't look toward the bug! the wizard keeps shouting at Bob to look at him, and not to turn around, adamant that Bob comes closer to the dry land.

[sblock=OOC also, Gil may use Moonstride depending on situation.]
Free
speak
passive perception 17
21 dungeoneering Success
14 heal Success

Minor
Perception to look for more bats, and any other hidden dangers, 12 Fail

Standard
Winged Horde; Enlarged; Area burst 2 Centered on J12 (altitude 2, as in the square above Gil's head)
26 vs will on Umber Hulk
16 vs will on [sblock=Dungeoneering 18] Parasite [/sblock]
25 vs will on [sblock=Perception 15] Bat [/sblock]
Each target hit will take 3 psychic damage and cannot take opportunity actions until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn. (includes penalty for enlarged)

Move to M15
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 23/27 Surges 5/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads