[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: With Artemis adjacent to it it doesn't make much sense to just push it and slow; it'd stand up and use it's double claw attack, so I went for the most damaging attack I have

The crystals that form Shale flare in a last psychic effort, glowing in a pattern that is directed toward the center of his head, then proyected through the glassy orb in his hand. Space around the creature violently warps, making blobs of water and smalls chunks of rock levitate and be reduced to nothing. In the center of this chaos the beast fights for continue in one piece, and suprisingly he manages to withstand the psychic storm thanks to it's massive body

[sblock=actions]
Standard action: 2 PP augmented Dimension Scramble at L12. It hits Fort 20, so it actually fails.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 0/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
"Don't bother getting up, you'll be dead in seconds" Karma remarks coldly as he starts a mental barrage against it's very hope.

[sblock=actions]
Move to I7
Dishearten Umber Hulk Roll Lookup 23 vs will
Roll Lookup 11 damage total and -2 to all attack rolls.
[/sblock]

OOC: Yeah JNC, I didn't mind where I pushed it- and no the new move isn't a problem

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Artemis's rod strikes the back of the hulk's neck, between two bony plates. It enters the beast's flesh with a squishing sound, and it shudders several times before the eerie lights in its eyes go out.

OOC: And, it's dead. Good job! This is a milestone, so everybody gains an XP. I'll post a wrapup after work.

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

Is it finally dead? I still find highly unlikely it didn't kill any of you

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
AP: 0, Power points: 2/4

Powers:
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind

Edit: If Gil needs a HS to get back his Healign Infusion Shale will donate it.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Skirting around the flaming oil, Lilli moves towards the drier land where the majority of the group are gathered. She gives Shale a double take as she registers what’s being said and then gives a more pointed look as she sits down to rest and lick her wounds.

“I think we were bloody lucky, with emphasis on the bloody. Oh, well at least the bats didn’t get into my hair,” she says, as she holds a cloth to the welt on her cheek.

OOC: A short rest from Lilli to get rid of her bloodied status.

[sblock=mini stats]Lilli
Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:15, Fort: 11, Reflex: 15, Will: 15.
HP: 14/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 3/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions
Action Points:2
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers
Conditions:
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Surveying the scene, you find yourselves alone. All the attacking creatures are either dead or fled.

[sblock=Dungeoneering 12]
It's highly likely that the commotion here scared away any other creatures lurking nearby, and you'll be able to rest for an hour or so undisturbed.
[/sblock]

The burning oil looks kind of pretty, actually.

[sblock=Dungeoneering 15]
You hope it doesn't use up all the air in here.
[/sblock]

You take stock of where you can go from here. You were moving southward down the corridor, so you could continue that way. But one of the bats fled to the north - if you want to repeat your trick of following it hoping it's heading for an exit, you could turn around. (In a normal cave, this would lead you right back to the room with the excavating machine, but you've already caught the tunnels rearranging itself around you, so it might have changed.) And there's a third exit - the rough tunnel that the umber hulk burrowed its way out of.

[sblock=OOC]
This was a milestone, so everybody gains 1 AP.

You now have one more round of the skill challenge. As a reminder, the rules are here, with an addendum here.

In the first round (the twisting tunnel section) you used Dungeoneering, Bluff, Stealth, and History, so if you return to the same types of tunnel you'll have penalties to use those skills. (And Shale keeps trying to use Arcana and I've blocked him every time - sorry about that! It may well work in this last round...)

You have 3 successes total, and need 8 for total victory or 6 for partial victory...

After doing whatever you want to do while resting, decide how you want to continue from here, as a group. Then I'll post the list of skills for this round of the skill challenge and let you start making your last set of individual rolls.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Does this count as a series of short rests or as an extended rest? If short rests, and I understand this correctly, it will allow us to utilize the bonus healing abilities, so any healing surge gains an addition 1d6 per use, correct? If an extended rest, then that part is moot :) [/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: If we're going to spend some time in short rests, I could donate two or three healing surges, via Artificer healing thing, to those who are low on hit points and surges.

raceportshardmind.png

It's unreasonable to linger much here, what if the large creature had company? Though, now that I mention it, it seems that it was carving it's own tunnel throw the rock, and did it quite easily. There's a possibility those new tunnels aren't affected yet by this place's magic

AP: 0, Power points: 2/4

Powers:

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases