[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] That was funny!
I will use one of Karma's Prayer of Healing for HS + 1d6+3. My heal only does HS + 1d6.
Roll: 1d6+3 → [5,3] = (8) Roll Lookup . So Artemis gains 15 hp, taking him to full.
That has me at 4/7 surges, so I can "share" via Gil's artificer powers if more are needed by anyone. I would like to have 2 left at the minimal.[/sblock]

"Karma, you really had me worried when you went down. I thought you were dead when you didn't get back up."

He pauses, his eyes toward the ceiling, as if he can see the stars despite the tons of stone above them.

"I've realized something, my friends. This was meant to be. Written out in the stars as clearly as my next breath. I've been hearing what 7 Rabbit has been teaching me, but now I understand. This was meant to be. Destiny."

He's getting excited, walking back toward the cave they came from, pointing, "The reason we aren't getting away is because we are coming about this the wrong way. We shouldn't be trying to get away from the maze. We should get to center of the maze. The dark thing is there. I've got to confront it. For better or worse... that is my destiny."

It may be a trick of the fire glinting and reflecting off the umber hulk's eyes, but it looks like for a brief moment, motes of light that look like stars surround Artemis's body.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
"Regrettably, near death encounters are getting a bit blase now, had a close call with a monkey a few months back, that one I was actually declared dead too. So where are we going?"

CaBaNa

First Post
! lights up Gil, An immortal and possibly an infernal all in one day! the scholar hops around as if his arm wasn't throbbing, lost in his excitement again.

Neil1889

First Post
Gil smiles as he takes out a candle and begins drawing in wax on the carapace.

[sblock=OOC]

These rolls make me want to cry...

dungeoneering 4
Nature assist 22 CRIT

[/sblock]

Lilli picks out her knives and starts slicing on the lines along the Umber hulk carcass. Her hands are a bit shaky from the exertion, though she starts to feel better as time goes on.

[sblock=OOC]Nature roll: Roll Lookup Total: 15, not including bonus from the aid.

The welcome help from Shale raises her Hit Points to 20.
[/sblock]

After she's done cutting, she stands back and admires her handiwork. Then she looks at Shale. “Maybe it’d be for the best if we did.”

The hint of a smile returns to her mouth. “Thanks," she says, quietly.

Someone

Adventurer
She looks at Shale. “Maybe it’d be for the best if we did.”

The crystals on Shale's shoulders shuffle a bit "I've seen people eating charred bird embrios and rancid secretion of ruminants' mammary glands, I supposed a tunneler's brain wouldn't be that far fetched."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Healing]
Ok, so what I've seen is:
Lilli spends one HS
Shale spends 3 HS (donating 1 to Lilli and 2 to Gil through the elixir)
Artemis spends one HS, triggered by Karma' Healing Word

This takes 20 minutes (3 uses of the elixir with a 5 min rest after each, during which time Karma also casts Healing Word once) and leaves everyone at:

Artemis: 29/29 hp, 4/7 surges
Lilli: 20/22hp, 3/7 surges
Gil: 15/26 hp, 5/7 surges
Shale: 31/33 hp, 3/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Is that all the healing you're doing?
[/sblock]

Lilli is able to remove the umber hulk's insectoid eyes intact. Given its magical gaze, that's sure to be worth something to a wizard or alchemist! The brain is also nearly intact - except for the neat hole where Artemis' rod pithed it. It's probably not worth anything in its damaged condition - but, as Shale suggests, you could eat it. The thing seemed to have some sort of psychic powers, so it's possible that consuming its brain would boost your own psychic abilities...

The rest of the carcass is too ravaged by the worms to be salvageable. And even if umber hulk meat were editable (which it may well be) this one was so parasite infested that it would definitely be a risk. Unless you were starving. Hopefully you won't be stuck in this maze long enough to risk starving...

Farmer Bob watches what Lilli is doing and rushes to the edge of the pool to throw up. His eyes have taken on a permanent horrified hollowness.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Note that you don't literally donate surges through Curative Admixture. The Artificer's healing power works in a weird way: when you use it in combat you don't spend surges as for example the cleric's Healing Word does, but instead need surges to recharge after a short rest, and anyone can donate that surge. This means that if Shale, for example, spends one healing surge to recharge 1 use of curative admixture and then Lilli uses it, Lilli doesn't get a surge of her own but instead gains her healing surge value plus 1 hit points.

Also, somebody should spend an additional surge to recharge the curative admixture for the next combat.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=More Healing]
Ok, I'll go ahead and roll the healing word: Healing Word on Gil (1d6+3=9). So Gil regains 15 hp.

Now we're at:

Artemis: 29/29 hp, 4/7 surges, 2 AP
Lilli: 20/22hp, 3/7 surges, 2 AP
Gil: 26/26 hp, 3/7 surges, 2 AP
Shale: 31/33 hp, 3/7 surges, 1 AP
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges, 0 AP

I also listed the number of AP everyone has after the milestone. Is that right? Did I miss anything that someone spent?
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases