[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Farmer Bob stands as still as he can, but keeps flicking glances at his new companions and up at the sky and fidgeting in excitement. 7 Rabbit shoots him a glare.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis kneels down in front of 7 Rabbit, eyes focused on the heavens.

"I have studied hard and long these past two weeks. The heaven's power does not rise from the fickle emotions of want, fear or greed. The power of astromancy lies in the lines of destiny and fate, which are lain out clearly before us in the stars... if we but look for it. I have chosen my star, 7 Rabbit. I choose the blue light of Khirad. I beseech its radiance to reveal all secrets and grant me the insight into myself to become free."

As commanded, Artemis intones, "I am open to the wisdom of the heavens."

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma stays as still as possible, extinguishing the light around his hand, his sparking green eyes darting around in apparent interest.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Now repeat after me," 7 Rabbit begins. "SAN SEJKAJ TLALI TLAKAME..." He trails off as a winged shape eclipses the stars.

Like a black hole in the sky, visible only as the stars it passes in front of disappear, the shape spirals larger and closer. A feeling of existential dread falls over you as it approaches, along with a feeling of unfathomable distance shrinking at dizzying speed, as if the creature as plunging out of a deep pit suspended overhead with its far reaches among the stars themselves.

The circling shape dips out of site behind the trees for an instant and when it heaves itself back into the sky it is close enough that features can be made out. It is a gangly black humanoid figure suspended from vast bat-like wings. Needled talons spring from its fingers and the tip of its curiously pointed tail, and where its face should be is nothing but a black featureless mask.

The creature descends into the center of the circle and hangs in the air in front of Artemis, wings flapping lazily, its blank head thrust towards him as if peering or sniffing at him.

"A night gaunt!" squeals 7 Rabbit. "The Lord of the Great Abyss has sent one of his servants to observe your investiture! Oh, you are truly blessed!"

The night gaunt's tail begins to whip back and forth, faster and faster, and each time it pumps Artemis's robe begins to glow a little brighter, glimmering as with starlight.

FourMonos

First Post
"Rabbit, why am I not feeling that blessed?" Artemis starts to feel a creeping sensation up his spine. He's suddenly happy he wore armor and brought his heavy iron rod.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases