[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

FourMonos

First Post
"Gil, let's talk tactics later."

Artemis strides forward to get a look at the darter who dropped Gil.

He focuses his eldritch ire on the darter and sends a rainbow colored blast.

[sblock=actions]
Move: H-20
Minor: Warlock's Curse: Darter #2
Standard: Spiteful Glamor vs. Darter #2: 1d20+6, 1d12+1d6+5 → ([5, 6], [8, 6, 5]) Roll Lookup . Will 11 and not counting is he has cover.... Likely miss.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Can Gil act this round?

Yes, but you're still dazed until you make a saving throw.

And at the end of your turn your nausea from eating the umber hulk brain wears off, so you don't even grant combat advantage any more! (I forgot to add the +2 to all those attacks, not that it mattered.)
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Shale creates another ball of pulsating lightining over the ledge as he advances. Though this one won't slow anything, shale hopes it'll sweep a large area when it explodes.

[sblock=actions]
Move to I22
Standard: Manifest Static Mote at N16, if possible 4 squares high so the burst 3 will reach the ledge's ground level. I think I have LoS from I22, if not feel free to adjust my final position.

Also I'll use Intellect Fortress or the Orb's power if either they can negate an attack[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 3/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Angry about the attack on Gil, Lilli appears to summon a large Umber Hulk claw from beneath the feet of the Tommyknocker she can see. It punches through the earth and snips at the legs of the imp-like being.
[sblock=actions]Move to J22[/sblock][sblock=actions]

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10, Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+5 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Illusory Ambush: Tommyknocker 1: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015384/
Total: 13.

Potential Damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015387/ Total: 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Lilli [/sblock][sblock=mini stats]Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:15, Fort: 11, Reflex: 15, Will: 15.
HP: 20/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 3/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions
Action Points:2
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers
Conditions:
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil wallows in pain for a moment, curling up in a ball to defend himself from further darts. OOOOWW!! cries the wizard, Stop, Stop spinning, STOP! NO SPINNING! Gil takes several heaving breaths,
*It's ok Gil, you're just tripping, we've been thru this before. Come on, just like you were taught...* Gil takes another deep breath, Everythings ok, everythings ok, I'm ok, we're safe. I'm ok. It's just the brain I ate, and the poison dart. I'm ok, we're safe. Everything is ok. another deep breath, and the hazy vision still presses down on Gil, but the wizard fought back with calm even breathing. Soon the haze started to fade, as Gil began to recover his senses, he stopped the reassuring rambling, and only focused on the breathing exercise.

OOC: Standard second wind, regain HS worth of HP, and +2 to all defenses TSNT. (Defenses below do not include the cloak of distortion +1 from 5 squares away, or the -2 to att. for ranged vs prone.) Save vs daze SUCCESS

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 18/16 Fort 16/14 Reflex 19/17 Will 16/14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 17/27 Surges 1/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind: Used,
AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The fleeing tommyknocker shrinks back against the wall as Karma's wave of despair hits it. Suddenly a giant claw rams up through the floor beneath its feet! The creature drops its pick and futilely raises its arms to ward off the smashing claw - which passes harmlessly through it. The tommyknockers eyes bulge out and it falls rigid to the floor, struck dead by sheer terror.

Gil feels both the dizziness from the poison dart and his earlier nausea pass. Lying on the ground for a rest feels wonderful...

Farmer Bob creeps closer and peers around the corner to watch the battle, then nervously over his shoulder, alert for anyone sneaking up behind him.

One of the creatures rushes out of the green cloud, carefully skirting the mysterious glowing spear, and casts an ichor-dripping dart at the lead character, Artemis. It misses. Cursing, the creature at the edge of the ledge fires two darts at him in rapid succession - one grazes him - and then retreats into the concealing cloud. More spores billow forth as it passes.

From up the stairs and around the corner you hear shuffling footsteps, then silence.

[sblock=Actions]
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]: Darter 2 does not have cover from you, but you miss anyway - it has Will 13.
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION]: You have Combat Advantage against Tommyknocker 1, since you attacked from concealment. So an extra +2 to hit - not that you needed it.

Gil spends 2 healing surges to regain 17 hp, and is prone but no longer bloodied or dying.
Tommyknocker 1 takes 19 damage, killing it.

Farmer Bob:
Move: to J25
Standard: Full Defense

Tommyknocker Darter 1
Move: to L15, setting off a cloud of spores in M14
Standard: Dream Venom Dart at Artemis: Dream Venom Dart (vs Reflex) (1d20+6=12, 1d4+3=6) Miss.

Tommyknocker Darter 2
Standard: Dart Volley at Aremis: Dart Volley (vs Reflex) (1d20+6=24, 1d4+3=4, 1d20+6=12, 1d4+3=7) 1 hit for 4 damage.
Move: to L13, setting off a cloud of spores there
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Farmer Bob: AC 1719, Fort 1315, Reflex 1113, Will 1113
Tommyknocker: AC ??, Fort 12, Reflex ??, Will 13
Tommyknocker Darter: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Artemis: 25/29 hp, 4/7 surges
Lilli: 20/22 hp, 3/7 surges, hidden with Stealth 14
Gil: 17/26 hp, 1/7 surges, prone, +2 to all defenses until end of next turn
Shale: 31/33 hp, 3/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Tommyknocker 1: 28 damage taken, dead
Tommyknocker 2: 17 damage taken, bloodied
Tommyknocker 3: 0 damage taken
Tommyknocker Darter 1: 0 damage taken, used Dream Venom Dart, 2 regular darts
Tommyknocker Darter 2: 0 damage taken, used Dream Venom Dart, 2 regular darts, cursed by Artemis
Tommyknocker Darter 3: 0 damage taken, used 2 darts
[/sblock]

External Map Link
[sblock=Map]
The black slime is difficult terrain, and anyone moving through it must make a DC 12 Athletics check or end their movement immediately.

The green circles are clouds of spores which provide concealment.

14uc4xv.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
The ball of static energy finally becomes unstable and explodes creating a large area of electrci hell, hurting the two darters still in sight.

Shale's eyes flicker. Would be better to have the creatures at ground level, away from the concealing clouds? Perhaps yes. He warps space around the monsters, but something goes wrong. One of the creatures isn't affected in the slightest, and the other reappears, badly mangle, down the cliff.

[sblock=action]
Start of turn: The mote explodes reating a burts 3 area that catches both darters. I imagine it hits both (area attacks ignore concealment) dealing 10 damage each.

Standard action: Unaugmented Dimension Scramble centered at K14. Natural 1 against darter 2, but hits Fort 14 againts darter 1, so I imagine it's a potential hit for 8 damage. If so, I teleport the creature adjacent to the burst, to square I16, ground level.

This supposes the burst extends to J14, J15 and J16, one square down. If not, I'll teleport darter 1 to I16, but at high as I can. This allows a save, but deals appropiate falling damage and can drop the darter prone. Teleporting retures in the air isn't clearly covered in the basic rules, but I asked this question some time ago and both the official boards and L4W agree it's valid.

Also, remember to use the Orb's power or Intellect Fortress against attacks if useful.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 3/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
“I hate to think where they’re running to.”
[sblock=actions]
Move to H17.

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10, Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+5 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Illusory Ambush: Tommyknocker Darter 1: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3018925/ Total: 25. Natural 20!

Potential Damage: Natural 20, so… Total: 11.
[/sblock]

The claw returns!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases