[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Good point, sorry. I'll post a token key with the next map update.

BTW, I have a deadline at work this week so I won't be able to post until the weekend.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Agreed, very happy to be playing with this group in general, speed is not a concern. JNC doing fantastic, keep up the greatness.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Goodbye, Karma]
Cute-Hydra PM'd me to say he needed to drop out due to other demands on his time. Everybody say goodbye to him! Sorry you couldn't see the finale: it's been fun playing with you.

I'll be NPC'ing Karma for the rest of this fight and then writing him out.

Coincidentally, I missed Lilli's attack when I was updating who was dead - she killed Darter 1. So Artemis actually couldn't curse it, it was already dead at this point - in fact, there's no visible enemy for him to curse this round. And Cute-Hydra's last posted action is, sadly, invalid. I'll post a replacement action.
[/sblock]

A comical look of surprise and fear crosses the darter's face as it suddenly finds itself alone and totally exposed on ground level. It turns toward the party, coming face to face with Lilli who is running up to it. As she begins to cast a spell it reflexively jabs her with a dart, drawing blood before her terrifying illusion stops its hear.

Gil's fireball burns through the cloud of spores, blasting the bogie that's briefly revealed crouching inside. Artemis' rainbow glamour has time to hit it as well before the mist swirls together again - although you can't see anything, you clearly hear a strangled cry and a rustling thud as the creature's body drops among the mushrooms.

With no enemies left visible, Farmer Bob creeps forwards, stopping at the entrance to the cave, trying not to be left behind. Karma also advances cautiously towards the stairs. As he passes Lilli, his voice suddenly speaks in her mind: "Want me to toss you up on that ledge? I bet they won't be expecting that."

Before she can respond a dark figure slips away from the wall, where it has been concealed in the flickering shadows behind one of the lamps, and into the cover of the spore cloud. A net of tough ivylike fibers spins out of the cloud, settling lightly over Karma and Lilli - too lightly, as the taller Karma is able to sweep out his hand and brush it to the floor. High-pitched cursing comes from within the spore cloud. The cursing takes on a less angry and more dismayed tone as Karma focuses his gaze on the cloud.

[sblock=Actions]
Tommyknocker Darter 1 takes 18 damage, bloodying it, and is teleported to I16.

Lilli's makes a ranged attack on it from an adjecnt square, provoking an Opportunity Attack: OA on Lilli (vs AC) (1d20+6=25, 1d4+3=4) Hit for 4 damage.

Then she hits it for another 11 damage, killing it.

Tommyknocker Darter 2 takes 31 damage, killing it.

Free: Send Thoughts to Lilli (she can speak back by telepathy as a free action)
Standard: Ready an action: Dishearten at the first enemy to appear

Farmer Bob:
Move: to J22
Standard: full defense

Tommyknocker Net Caster:
Move: from L12 (where it was hidden with Stealth 23: Stealth (1d20+3=23)) to L14. Since it only moved 2 squares, it is still hidden.
Standard: Net centered at H16 (area burst 1), with CA for attacking from hiding: Net at Karma and Lilli (vs Reflex, +2 for CA) (1d20+5+2=8, 1d20+5+2=12) Miss both.

The attack reveals the Net Caster, and Karma responds with his readied Dishearten: Dishearten at Net Caster (-2 for cover) (1d20+6-2=13, 1d6+4=9) Barely hits. 9 damage and it takes -2 to all attacks until the end of Karma's next turn.

The remaining tommyknockers ready actions.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Farmer Bob: AC 1719, Fort 1315, Reflex 1113, Will 1113
Tommyknocker: AC ??, Fort 12, Reflex ??, Will 13
Tommyknocker Darter: AC ??, Fort 12, Reflex ??, Will 13
Tommyknocker Net Caster: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Artemis: 25/29 hp, 4/7 surges
Lilli: 16/22 hp, 3/7 surges
Gil: 17/26 hp, 1/7 surges
Shale: 31/33 hp, 3/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Tommyknocker 1: 28 damage taken, dead
Tommyknocker 2: 17 damage taken, bloodied
Tommyknocker 3: 0 damage taken
Tommyknocker Darter 1: 29 damage taken, dead, used Dream Venom Dart, 2 regular darts
Tommyknocker Darter 2: 31 damage taken, dead, used Dream Venom Dart, 2 regular darts
Tommyknocker Darter 3: 0 damage taken, used 2 darts
Tommyknocker Net Caster: 9 damage taken, -2 to all attack rolls until the end of Karma's next turn.
[/sblock]

External Map Link
[sblock=Map]
The black slime is difficult terrain, and anyone moving through it must make a DC 12 Athletics check or end their movement immediately.

The green circles are clouds of spores which provide concealment.

2nusowz.png

[/sblock]

I promised you explanations of the tokens:

[sblock=Tokens]
This is a Tommyknocker. Note the hunched posture, stringy hair and giant eyes:
29f5aoj.png

This is a Tommyknocker Net Caster. Same as a basic Tommyknocker, but in a hexagon:
dcbyu9.png

This is a Tommyknocker Darter. Also a blueskinned creature with piercing yellow eyes, but leaner and taller, with an arm upraised to throw:
so4x1e.png

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

These creatures never learn

Again, a very surprised... thing with bulbous eyes appear at the cliff's base.

[sblock=actions]
Standard action: Repeat las round's trick, Dimension scramble aimed at K14, teleports netcaster to I15. Hits Fort 26 for 11 damage

Roll for me if the burst catches other concealed enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 3/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Nicely done, Shale! Come here, you little netter!"

Artemis strides forward and slams the heavy rod into the tommyknocker.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Warlock's Curse: tommyknocker net caster
Movement: Move to H-16.
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs. Netter: 1d20+8+1, 1d8+5+1d6 → ([18, 8, 1], [3, 5, 1]) Roll Lookup . hit AC 27 for 9 damage. No shift
[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 2
Darkspiral Aura: 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
Defenses: AC: 17, For: 17, Ref: 18, Will: 17
HP: 25/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge value: 7, Surges/day: 4/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 2, Second Wind: unused

Powers:
Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura
Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Aid the Injured
Lead by Example[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Best of luck Cute-Hydra, hope everything works out for you.

JNC, Is any other foe other than net-boy now in I15 suddenly visible after these actions?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]None that you can see with your passive Perception. Remember it's a minor action to roll Perception to look for hidden enemies.

Net boy has an Immediate Reaction to that attack, IIRC. Won't have time to look it up until tomorrow.
[/sblock]

Remove ads