[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli moves after Karma, her hand reached out in a futile gesture to catch him, but she realises quite quickly there isn’t a chance of holding him.

She rounds on the cackling Darter; suddenly it seems to the Tommyknocker that the flames of Karma’s last spell have suddenly switched to a blue icy flame instead of a hot red one.

[sblock= actions]Move to D8.

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10, Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+5 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Illusory Ambush attack roll against Tommyknocker Darter 3: Roll Lookup Total: 16

Potential damage against Tommyknocker Darter 3: Roll Lookup Total: 6
Lilli's Grasping Shadows from the previous round ends.
[/sblock]

With that act, the watery shadows fade.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=save] Save granted by Karma: 1d20 → [17] = (17) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Artemis head clears just as he sees Karma yanked into the water.

"Karma!" he yells as he dashes forward. Seeing him pulled into the waters, Artemis turns to bear his wrath on the tommyknocker. The rainbow blast from his rod strikes the tommyknocker true.

[sblock=actions]
Move: E-6
Minor: Warlock's Curse: Tommyknocker darter 3
Standard: Spiteful Glamor vs Tommyknocker darter 3: 1d20+6+1, 1d8+5+1d6 → ([15, 6, 1], [8, 5, 5]) Roll Lookup Hit will 22 for 18 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 2
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
Defenses: AC: 19 17, For: 19 17, Ref: 20 18, Will: 19 17
HP: 9/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge value: 7, Surges/day: 4/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 2, Second Wind: unused

Powers:
Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura
Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Aid the Injured
Lead by Example[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: If the darted was bloodied with just 13 damage, Artemis' attack must have obliterated him

Shale observes Karma's being swept away with apparent calm and dedicates a casual look at the dead creatures around him as he advances. Apparently there's none of them left.

raceportshardmind.png

The arcanists I've met reacted to one of their colleage's death with a mixture of fun and condescension, barely hidden under a flimsy curtain of grief. Curiously, I don't feel the same emotions in you, so if you want I could try to contact Karma - if he's still alive.

[sblock=actions]If we're still in combat mode, advance to E9 and total defense. If not, I can cast Sending for free once per day; that'd gice us the in-character excuse to not go after Karma immediately with a rescue attempt, which could possibly derail the adventure.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The tommyknocker is swarmed by tiny wings which are almost immediately cleared away by icy fires. It sinks to its knees and gasps out, "Mercy! I can lead you to treasure! Power! The Spring of..."

But Artemis was already levelling his rod and, even if he wanted to draw back, power was already pouring out. The tommyknocker dies with the secret still on it lips.

[sblock=OOC]
Actually Lilli's attack dropped it to exactly 0, but this is more dramatic...
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Where is Bob? asks Gil, taking stock of the others, he looks to Shale If you can contact Karma, make it happen, hopefully he hasn't drowned already.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] If combat is done, Artemis will use inspiring word to give himself a little pep talk: healing surge + 1d6 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup . He gains 9 HP and is up to 18 HP.
[MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] do we have time for multiple rests so we can re-use Inspiring Word? [/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
raceportshardmind.png

The arcanists I've met reacted to one of their colleage's death with a mixture of fun and condescension, barely hidden under a flimsy curtain of grief. Curiously, I don't feel the same emotions in you, so if you want I could try to contact Karma - if he's still alive.

"Oh, if you could, please..."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] do we have time for multiple rests so we can re-use Inspiring Word?

From the OP:

After a fight, you may use encounter powers such as Healing Word as often as you want, but keep track of how much time this takes (you need a five minute rest after each use of the same encounter power, or after each two uses of "twice per encounter" powers such as Healing Word). Depending on circumstances you may risk meeting wandering monsters, or later encounters may get harder as defenders have more time to set up, if you wait too long...

So what do you think - is this a safe place to rest?
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis starts looking around for materials which may float hoping to rescue Karma. He glances back at the shardmind.

"Aye, Shale, can you still comminicate with him?"

[sblock=ooc] Sorry JNC! Forgot about the original directions. I would like to stay put for 10 to 15 minutes to use Inspiring Word at least one more time on Artemis. Any objections or does anyone else also need the extra 1d6 healing? If I use one more on me, and supply one HS for CaBaNa to recharge his resorative elixir, Artemis will have one healing surge left.
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

Very well. I'll start immediately. It'll take me some time you can use to have some rest.

Shale opens his spellbook and starts performing the ritual. He's confident can communicate with anyone at least dozens of miles away, so he doesn't require help, and if he augments the spell with his natural telepathic abilities, nor he needs rare magical components.

Remove ads