[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

Wait a second, Gil

Shale Strides in the cave, again holding the large piece of crystal you alredy know he uses to focus his mental power. The air bend and twist around Gil's position as the shardmind concentrates...

[sblock=actions]
Move action: move to L25
Free action: Forceful push to move Gargoyle 2 to H22, no roll required.
Standard: Dimension scramble centered at I23, spending 1 power point so it only targets enemies. I really hope 21 is enough to hit gargoyle 1's Fort defense, I'm not so sure about 2. If they hit I'll teleport them to H and I 25, in that order of preference, which should trigger the vortex's attacks, which I'll roll myself.

Also have in mind I can use Intellect Fortress and the Orb of Mental constitution to improve my defenses as immediate interrupts.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 2/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 1, Power points: 3/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As Gil slips the chains, the gargoyle next to him lashes out again. Although its flailing limbs do no more than brush him, its claws are sharp enough to slice even his insubstantial skin.

[sblock=OOC]
Gil would have used moonstride, shifting two squares to H24, and becoming insubstantial.

Good news! Going insubstantial lets you slip right through the chains, cancelling the effect of Grasping Chains. You are no longer slowed.

However, even though you are shifting, moving away from Gargoyle 1 triggers Cruel Claws: "Whenever an enemy leaves a square adjacent to the obsidian gargoyle, that enemy takes 2 damage." Reduced to 1 by insubstantial.

Gargoyle 2 now charges to G23 since Gil has moved.

[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]: might want to change your action based on the new map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Updated status]
Artemis: 29/29 hp, 2/7 surges, bloodied, dazed (save ends), +2 to all defenses until start of next turn
Lilli: 21/22 hp, 2/7 surges
Gil: 21/26 hp, 1/7 surges, insubstantial (until when? Character sheet doesn't say)
Shale: 31/33 hp, 2/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Artemis' Patron: 0 damage taken
Obisidian Gargoyle 1: 0 damage taken
Obisidian Gargoyle 2: 0 damage taken
[/sblock]

[sblock=Updated map]
5o8d9y.png

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] would it be possible to update the map after Someone's turn? He does tend to move the battlefield around a bit

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] would it be possible to update the map after Someone's turn? He does tend to move the battlefield around a bit

OOC: I have to find a way to make Dimension Scramble an immediate interrupt, so I can turn every DM in these boards insane.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
One of the two gargoyles is whirled through Shale's vortex into an even larger vortex. It beats its wings, trying in futility to gain purchase in the air that is shifting around it, but suddenly is sucked into what seems like a long tunnel or well into nowhere.

It pops back into existance right where it started from. The stress of the tunnel has taken its toll, though, and its rocky skin is covered with cracks and chips. As it "falls" from the tunnel, it strikes the surface of the ledge and shatters.

[sblock=OOC]Dimensional Vortex hits Gargoyle 1, which is teleported to H25. The vortex attack roll of 14 is NOT enough to hit its reflex of 16, but I'm going to say that the surprise of being hit by two vortexes in a row makes it grant Combat Advantage for that attack, making that a hit. Because it's cool!

Now that they've seen you can teleport people, this won't necessarily work again.

The gargoyle reappears in vortex 3, counting from the top. Which is the same one it left, back at H25.

EDIT: oh, wait, it's a minion. The initial Dimensional Scramble kills it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Farmer Bob: AC 1719, Fort 1315, Reflex 1113, Will 1113
Artemis' Patron: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will 21
Obsidian Gargoyle: AC ??, Fort 18, Reflex 16, Will ??
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Artemis: 29/29 hp, 2/7 surges, bloodied, dazed (save ends), +2 to all defenses until start of next turn
Lilli: 21/22 hp, 2/7 surges
Gil: 21/26 hp, 1/7 surges, insubstantial
Shale: 31/33 hp, 2/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Artemis' Patron: 0 damage taken
Obisidian Gargoyle 1: 8 damage taken
Obisidian Gargoyle 2: 0 damage taken
[/sblock]

[sblock=Updated Map]
2mpzx8x.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
As Lilli moves forward to the doorway, she raises the Orb of Far Seeing to attempt an ambush of her own on the gargoyles, albeit an Illusory one.

[sblock=actions]Move to M26.

Minor Action: Ponders the wizardry in the room with an Arcana check : Roll Lookup Total : 24.

Attack on Gargoyle 1.

Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10, Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+5 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Illusory Ambush against Gargoyle 1: Roll Lookup

Total to hit: 15, Potential Damage: 11. Not sure if that's a hit; if it isn't she'll use her Orb of Deception abilty to attack Gargoyle 2:

Orb of Deception (Encounter Free)
Requirement: You must wield an orb to benefit from this feature.
Trigger: When you miss an enemy with a wizard illusion power.
Effect: Choose another enemy within three squares of the missed target. The chosen enemy cannot also be a target of the original attack. Repeat the attack against this new target, with a bonus to the attack roll of +3.

Possible attack on Gargoyle 2 (only use if the first atack misses, please): Roll Lookup

(Note, I forgot to add the +3, so the hit roll below will be 28.)

Total to hit: 28 (25 on Invisible Castle), Potential Damage: 11. [/sblock]

[sblock=Edit] Just saw JNC's post before this. What with Shale's coolness taking effect, I'll just use the first attack on the nearest Gargoyle please, and if necessary only use Orb of Deception on the other foe if I miss and the other gargoyle lands nearby after its little trip.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
One of the two gargoyles is whirled through Shale's vortex into an even larger vortex. It beats its wings, trying in futility to gain purchase in the air that is shifting around it, but suddenly is sucked into what seems like a long tunnel or well into nowhere.

It pops back into existance on the other side of the cavern.

raceportshardmind.png

Ah, good. I was considering the possibility that warping space so close to already warped space could make the whole cavern explode. I'm glad it's not the case.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis strides into the cavern.

"Steady Gil, don't let this fool scare you."

He points his rod at the chained devil.

"This... thing...l has been trapped in here for centuries. He is all bluff and noise. He wants to intimidate us, but don't fall for it. In the beginning, he tricked me into taking his power. My actions brought him strength. Now, he knows he's doomed. He needs someone to help him escape. Well, that will be me no more."

He calls over to the devil, "It ends now. No more feeding off the energy of others. No one here is falling for your trickery and lies. I denounce you. I REJECT YOU! I've brought the eldritch power you gave me and I'm here to SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!"

Artemis grins at the devil, "But that's not all... I invoke the powers of the cosmos! San sejkaj tlali tlakamej moaleuiaj !"

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Move to N-24
Standard: Spiteful Glamor at chained cambion: 1d20+6, 1d12+5 → ([6, 6], [9, 5]) Roll Lookup . Likely miss will 12.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 2
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
Defenses: AC: 17, For: 17, Ref: 18, Will: 17
HP: 29/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge value: 7, Surges/day: 2/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers:
Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura
Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Aid the Injured
Lead by Example[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Feeling heartened by Artemis' words, Gil gives a shy smile, Artemis... You know I have to try it. he calls, as his orb flashes brightly, and the scholarly form flashes into the swirling vortex, coming out close by in another of the swirling masses, laughing with joy. HA HA HA THAT IS GREAT!

In light of the new sense in the room, Gil examined the devil more closely. Watching for subtle tells, twitches that might give away weakness in an otherwise strong facade.

While reading his opponent, the wizard also conjured one of his favorite spells back into being, AND NOW THE HORDE! Raising his arms and head high, Gil continues to laugh with joy as icy ants begin to fly out of his sleeves, and mouth. The insects set upon the closest enemy, biting with icy cold venom, slowing and weakening their foe. Nothing like class!

[sblock=OOC]

Move into Vortex 3 via orb shift (take 1 damage on way if gargoyle 2 is alive), transport to Vortex 2. Arcana roll, ending shift in C22

Minor Insight 24 to sense if the devil is exerting an outside influence, as it was in the cave, either on the party or Artemis. Also, insight to sense the attitude of the devil, as to the truth of Artemis' statements.

Standard

Winged Horde area burst 1 centered on gargoyle 2,
17 vs will
7 psychic damage no Opp Actions TE of gil's NT

(if gargoyle 2 is dead)

Winged Horde area burst 1 centered above Artemis' Patron
17 vs will
7 psychic damage no Opp Actions TE of gil's NT

insubstantial ends. (sorry... added to the sheet, TENT.)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 19/27 bloodied 13, Surges 1/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind: Not Used,
AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads