[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

CaBaNa

First Post
Oh... sighs Gil, dragging himself to the cliffs edge, That can't be good. Gil renews the fury of his illusion, and looks to Shale, Shale, can you put it in the water?!

[sblock=OOC]
Roll Lookup

Move crawl to I21

Standard Winged Horde
HIT 21 vs will
5 psychic damage and Artemis' Patron can't take Opp. actions TE of Gil's NT.

minor

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]
Prone = Enemies +2 to melee attacks (CA), -2 to ranged attacks (

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 15 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 3/27 bloodied 13, Surges 0/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind: Used,
AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Yeah, I'm gonna need that," Artemis mumbles as he jogs back to get his rod.

He then turns and grins at the devil, "Don't worry, ugly, I'm still coming for you."

With that, Artemis slams the devil with a well placed eldritch blast.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Move to M-22
Minor: Pick up Ironscar Rod.
Standard: Eldritch Blast vs. patron: 1d20+6, 1d8+5 → ([20, 6], [7, 5]) Roll Lookup . Extra crit damage: 1d6 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup . So crit for 15 damage.
Save: 1d20 → [5] = (5)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 2
Status: bloodied, can not move closer to Patron or dazed (save ends)
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
Defenses: AC: 17, For: 17, Ref: 18, Will: 17
HP: 13/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge value: 7, Surges/day: 1/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers:
Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura
Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Aid the Injured
Lead by Example, IronScar Rod[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Gil renews the fury of his illusion, and looks to Shale, Shale, can you put it in the water?!

Shale turns his inescrutable face face towards Gil. If he stops conjuring the Motes, the patron will be able to move freely and probably Artemis will be doomed.

On the other hand, that was probably the poorest attempt at reverse psychology Shale's ever heard, so he decides it's worth a try. Lamentably, the creature sense Shale's intentions and shield easily against the attack.

[sblock=actions]
Start of turn: Existing static mote explodes, hits Ref 21 for 10 damage.

standard action: Dimension Scramble on H16. Bad moment to roll a 1.

move action to move to C22[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 25/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 2/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 2/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand,Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: The patron voluntarily fails to defend against that. I'm not sure if that's allowed by RAW, but I have a cool moment planned... Please nobody else go until I get a chance to update. (It'll take an hour or two.)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The wash of energy from the exploding sphere shreds a patch of scaly skin from the devil's side. It stares down at the blood oozing from its skin in disbelief.

Then it feels Shale's power tugging at him and snorts with laughter. "You still have no idea what that is? Very well - see what your pitiful attempts to harm me have wrought!" It pulls in its chains tight, wrapping them around its body, and gives itself up to Shale's attack. Suddenly it is whirled through the air and appears above the pool. It falls into the knee deep water with a splash. At the last moment its chains unwrap, revealing the demon's wound. The sparkling water splashes up - while most simply slides off its scaly skin in rivulets, some of it bathes the bloody wound and flows into the creature's body. It's blood begins to sparkle where the water touched it, and it rears up on its chains and roars, seeming refreshed.

OOC: The detonating Static Mote does 10 damage, bringing the patron to 63 - bloodying it. Then it allows Shale to use Dimensional Scramble for another 7 - it's at 70 damage now. (Ignore the roll I made below, I didn't notice Someone had rolled damage already.)

Artemis' Patron has regained the use of Chains of Smoke and Fire!

[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], what square in the pool do you want to put it in?

[sblock=Arcana 12]
It looks like the water needs to be brought into the body to have an effect. If you are bloodied you can do it just by entering the pool (bathing your wound in the water), otherwise you'd need to drink from it (a minor action, must be adjacent or in the pool).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli loses patience with herself and lets fly with her most powerful spell before she's ready, but the Illusion still has teeth. A chorus of angelic singing fills the cavern, distracting her foe.

[sblock=actions]
If Lilli can't see the Patron, then she'll use the Orb of Far Seeing's Daily Power.

Power (Daily): Free Action. Use this power when you make a ranged attack with this implement on the target affected by the orb's encounter power. The attack does not require line of sight or line of effect and takes no penalty from concealment or cover.

But she will cast this.

Horrid Whispers (Daily Standard Area burst 1 within 10 squares Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: +6 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+6 Psychic damage and the target is slowed and takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends both).
Miss: The target is slowed and takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
Aftereffect: You knock the target prone.

Horrid Whispers: Roll Lookup Another natural one. But there's decent effects with this on a miss, what with the Aftereffect kicking in at the end.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
The whole point was be to place him in the same square the flask landed, so the water Gil collected would be as cocnentrated as possible.

The water's spread throughout the pool already. (That way I don't have to keep track of which square is which...) It landed in the square right in front of Artemis, which probably isn't a great place to put the demon... (On the other hand, it can't take OA's!)
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
The water's spread throughout the pool already. (That way I don't have to keep track of which square is which...) It landed in the square right in front of Artemis, which probably isn't a great place to put the demon... (On the other hand, it can't take OA's!)

OOC: If you need a square, and given that Artemis moved away in his turn before I acted and my intentions when I wrote my post, then you should place the demon at the square where the flask landed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases