[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Neil1889

First Post
"Horrid, horrid thing."

Lilli looks into the crystal to see if the being is still there, hoping that it is not.

"Gil? Gil! Where's Gil?"

[sblock=actions]If she has to, Lilli attemps an attack on the Patron once more. But, it'll miss: Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

OOC: Right, I'll be heading off to foreign parts for a week later on today, but I'll look in when I can.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I think I'll wait to see if its actually dead now before I post :). Also that had a very end of the horror movie feel to it. One character in the movie says, "it's dead!", then the monster jumps back up!

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As Shale's psychic attack blasts through the fallen devil, chains shatter. Iron links rain to the ground as its fetters fall apart, revealing the flesh beneath, vulnerable and pink. The body convulses and falls still.

You worry briefly that releasing a demon from its chains would be a bad thing, but the moments stretch on and the corpse doesn't move. It seems to be dead.

[sblock=Insight 15]
It seems that after long ages of imprisonment, the Artemis' patron began to depend on its chains to support it even as they contained it. Without the security of its chains it couldn't sustain the hate that kept it alive throughout its captivity.
[/sblock]

Artemis feels an influence that has been lurking in the back of his mind for so long that he stopped noticing it finally fade away.

[sblock=OOC]
Now that his patron is dead, Artemis cannot use any Warlock powers or class features. Better hope this was really the final encounter!
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Shale looks around. The demon may be dead, but his spell over the place may have its own ontological inertia.

raceportshardmind.png

We need a rest before trying to leave the place.

OOC: So, is it shinies and xp time?

CaBaNa

First Post
Over he*Hack*re. coughs Gil, sloshing out of the water. It hurts, I hurt everywhere, oh... I don't wanna, no no no... I doOO losing what little was in his stomach, Gil rolled to his side, and curled into a ball. It is dead, and I just want to sleep for a minute, just give me... before the sentence is finished the lump of purple cloth is asleep.

OOC: crawl out of pool, insight to see if devil is dead, five minute rest at minimum.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

You keep eating and drinking things. I don’t believe that’s good for you in the long run.

Not bothering to hear the answer, the shardmind derives some of his remaining forces to his body. Craked crystals are repaired and some of his lost glow returns.

I think it’s safe out here, Bob. You can come out. Help me search the place while the others rest.

[sblock=ooc]Spend Second Wind, now at 18 HP, and 1/7 surges.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis drags himself to his feet. He's a cut, bruised, and bloody mess, but the determined human is smiling from ear to ear.

"He's gone. I can feel it."

Evidently when the devil lost its hold on Artemis, so too did he lose it's benefits. Artemis appears physically drained, weaker than you've ever seen him.

[sblock=ooc] Second wind: 12 hp, 1/7 surges [/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
You tentatively approach the devil's body. It seems thoroughly dead. The broken chains are still glowing a dull red, but cooling quickly.

Atop a pile of broken chain links lie two open manacles that fell from the creatures wrists. They seem to be glowing brighter than the rest of the chains.

[sblock=Arcana 12]
These can act as Iron Armbands of Power (L6 magic item).
[/sblock]

As Gil climbs from the pool, he has a horrified thought - did the water ruin his notebook? He digs through his pouch, and finds that sure enough, the paper is wet - but it's drying quickly, without any stains or wrinkles, as if the water is being drawn into it. The magic water of the pool leaves his notebook and pencils sparkling.

[sblock=Arcana 12]
Your notebook now acts as Ioun's Parchment, and your pencils as Eternal Chalk (both L1 wondrous items).
[/sblock]

Shale pokes around the crumbled remains of the obsidian gargoyles. The power that animated them has leaked out, but some vestige of it remains. It might be possible to form a protective coating out of these rock chips, perhaps by embedding them into flexible cloth or leather to form a sort of carapace.

[sblock=Arcana 12]
You can use these to make Flowform Armor +1 (an L4 item).
[/sblock]

You also notice the far door is hanging open a crack. The chains holding it shut on the far side must also have burst asunder when the demon fell.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Shale examines the gargoyles' remains thorughly before storing them.

"It may be finally dead, and with that I feel it'll be much easier to leave these caverns. But there are other creatures in the tunnels, and I don't believe we're in shape to face them. The optimal course of action would be to bar the door as well as we can, since it opened as the fight ended, and rest here for some hours"

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Nicely done on the treasure distribution JNC

Artemis staggers over to the demon's remains, "These manacles look empowered with the demons magic. Anyone mind if I use them?"

He just about collapses at that point. Artemis collects a pile of the devil's chain links, "To remind me that not all prison's are walls and steel. Some prisons are of word and mind."

He rests heavily on the stone floor next to Gil.

"You're right of course, Shale, we aren't in any shape now to meet anything that bears us ill will right now. Let's bar the doors, maybe put a big stone if front of them, and rest a bit."

"Bob! You okay up there? We've done it! Now we just have to get home!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases