[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
@Neil1889: Second Wind, just plain "spend a healing surge", all the same at this point - you get the same number of hp back. Your post says, "OOC: Use second wind, regain 8 hp" - I guess that was a typo?

Full post coming this evening.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Ah, right. Sorry about that; I've tidied that up and just used a healing surge as in a short rest. If that isn't OK with you I'll go back to Second Wind.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
I've got enough rope, a grappling hook, and pitons. If someone could wing the hook into the hole overhead, we might be able to climb out. Gil uses his free hand to dislodge the grappling hook from his backpack, as he pulls away, hempen rope slithers after it.

Lilli, says Gil sheepishly, Do you happen to have any rituals in that... book. he points to the spellbook, as if he doesn't want to point to the spellbook, looking away and whispering the word book.

Quickly changing the subject from the book, Gil looks to Farmer Bob. Bob, come here. See these vials, the wizard indicates the small vials strapped to his shoulder, Take the blue one, drink it. It tastes like moonshine, but will protect you, should anything happen. smiling, Gil holds the grapple away from Bob.

[sblock=Possible?]

While Bob takes his preventative ablution, Gil uses a magic hand to lift the grapple to the hole, and secure it. Perfect, who's first?

[/sblock]
OOC:

Minor Remove grapple

Minor Healing Infusion Resistive Formula on Bob,
Effect: Bob gains a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter, Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh expends a healing infusion created with his healing infusion class feature. Bob can end this bonus as a free action to gain temporary hit points equal to his healing surge value +1.
Special: Gil can only use one of his healing infusions per encounter.

minor, if possible, mage hand, grapple to hole above?

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli, says Gil sheepishly, Do you happen to have any rituals in that... book. he points to the spellbook, as if he doesn't want to point to the spellbook, looking away and whispering the word book.

“Sure Gil, but I don’t see how they’ll be useful for you at this moment. I’ve knowledge of Comprehend Languages (my meal and lodging ticket), Make Whole (my clothing allowance) and Animal Messenger (my sundries and bar tab). I’m open to suggestions.”

Lilli smiles in spite of their predicament, shrugs the robe off and begins folding it into her backpack.

“I’m really not good at climbing, though. Also, I may have imagined it, but I thought that the mouth of this rabbit hole sealed over just after we fell into it. I was rather busy falling of course and it took up most of my attention at the time, so I might be wrong. I’m not currently carrying a pickaxe; I find I give out the wrong impressions when I do.”

In spite of the chatter, she bites her lip as she looks nervously upwards to the ceiling above.

“I applaud the Mage Hand use, though.”

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis kneels down in front of the skeleton bits.

"Uh, Bob, right?" Artemis asks the farmer. "Maybe we could find you some protective pieces of armor in here. You know, just in case?"

He starts to sift through the materials, assuming nothing else transpires.

"Maybe we can even use a little of Lilli's 'Clothing Allowance' to help the pieces be more effective?" He grins at the halfling mage.

[sblock=ooc] Can we improve Bob's armor class a point or two if we use any pieces of leather or chain that are on the remains? Also, do we get to take a short rest? [/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
I'll keep it in mind, very impressive, way to make that spellbook investment work for you Lilli. Good idea Artemis! Gil hovers near Bob keeping eyes out for danger at every turn. Don't restrict his movement too much though.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC:
The ground falls away beneath your feet as a deep pit opens up, perfectly positioned to swallow Artemis and the five watchers into the depths of the earth. For a moment the distant stars are framed brilliantly in the opening, then the earth closes over you and they vanish.

Unless that was metaphor, I'd say there's no more hole. We have to try one of the tunnels, east or west.

CaBaNa

First Post
ooc[sblock=proof of hole]
you tumble for what seems like an age, scraping roughly against sheer stone walls, before tumbling into a heap on a rocky floor. you are in an irregular cavern with several exits, including a hole overhead. The walls are braced with timbers, with empty torch brackets mounted on several of them. Deep cracks and crevices pierce the walls between several of the timbers, perhaps concealing more exits. A large central pillar is surrounded by fallen rock, discarded picks and tools, and trash. Several half-decayed bodies, dressed in rusted chain mail and rotted leather, lie among the fallen rock around the pillar.
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
"Maybe we can even use a little of Lilli's 'Clothing Allowance' to help the pieces be more effective?" He grins at the halfling mage.

[sblock=ooc] Can we improve Bob's armor class a point or two if we use any pieces of leather or chain that are on the remains? Also, do we get to take a short rest? [/sblock]

“Ah, I’m right out of alchemical reagents for ritual components, but maybe I might strike it lucky over here.”

Lilli peers at the stone pillar, scraping at it with one of her knives and wondering about the availabilty of rare earths or salts in this chamber.

She muses out loud. “I wonder if any residuum was used in the purifcation of those robes and if so, could I use that?”

[sblock=ooc]Bit of an oversight on my part, so I'll check around for any components that may be of use in this apparently mystical site that we are now entombed in. I'm not sure if alchemical reagents are required in this game or by JoeNoCharles. If I have to or if permitted, Lilli the Gnome* Illusionist is fine with sacrificing some of the last of her noble Arcadian gold for the cause.[/sblock][sblock=ooc]

(* Haha, I did go for that style imagery on purpose to sow some gentle confusion in the game; plant oils, pine resin and curlers are in this girl's armoury.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay, work blew up on me and then my video card also blew up.

"The hole closes overhead" was a metaphor - I just meant that you'd fallen far enough, and the been banged around through a pit that's not perfectly straight, that the stars are no longer visible. (Although for tumbling all that way, you didn't take a lot of damage...)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Artemis]
The western passage is wide and straight, and slopes steeply downward. You can dimly make out a wooden sign hanging from a chain on the ceiling, just off the map, but you can't make out the words from here.

You can't see into the southern passage from where you are.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Gil]
Outside the range of your light it's pitch black. No other light sources. However, your light does reflect off something in the northern crevices: tiny pinpricks of eyes stare back at you. There is a scuttling movement and the reflections vanish, but you're sure that there are insects or lizards of some sort clinging to the walls in L2, L3, S0 and S1.

You can't see any exits beyond the three marked on the map, and you can't get any clue which is the best to lead out. The western passage slopes steeply downward, but that may not mean anything: for all you know it could level off just outside your vision.

Give me a Thievery check to see if you can get the grapple into place solidly. This will happen before combat begins.
[/sblock]

Bob takes the healing infusion and hesitates with it at his lips. "Yer sure this won't hurt me?"

[sblock=OOC]
Bob will take the healing infusion on the first round of combat, so that it will last for the encounter.
[/sblock]

As soon as Artemis approaches the body, he realizes that it is not a skeleton as he had thought. (Note: I never said they were skeletons!) The skin is drawn tight across the corpse's bones, but it has not decayed away: in fact, it looks unnaturally tough and leathery. Suddenly the body twists and lashes out with a claw-like hand towards Artemis's leg! He jumps back out of the way and three of the five corpses suddenly let out snarling moans and begin to rise to their feet!

[sblock=OOC]
Ok, NOW give me Initiative rolls and we'll start doing round-by-round combat! (Please don't post any further actions that might have an effect until I give the initiative order. Screaming in terror is acceptable, though.)

I have Lilli at G6, Bob at I8, Karma at J8, and Gil at K8. Since Artemis posted that he was moving toward the body, I moved him 1 square right to M7.

Artemis and Lilli were clear about where they were, but the others could have been moving around while interacting. If you wish to start somewhere else, post the square along with your Initiative. You can't start east than Artemis (row M) or farther west than Lilli (row G).

Bob will begin in I8, and rolls Init (1d20=15)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases