[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli moves around the best she can in the swaying cart. It's hard enough for her just to hang on, but she tries nevertheless to also try and centre the heavier rocks on top of the cart with her legs, just about ruining her shoes in the process. Hopefully it'll be of help to the others.

[sblock]Aid another Endurance, should anyone try it: Roll Lookup Total: 13...[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Status]
The mine cars speed toward the debris with dangerous speed. When the mine car's wheels hit the shield, the angle of the shield pitches the left side wheels, and therefore cart, up into the air.

For a great description, the next person to act gets a +2 for being inspired!

So now Artemis and Shale are done, Lilli has 1 action left, Gil has 2. 4 successes so far; Gil's first action gets a +2 from Aid Another, and the first person to act next gets another +2 from inspiration.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Holding on with whatever strength he had left, Gil concentrated on maintaining a tenable speed along the track. Using his mage hand to slow the cart before turns, and during steep declines. As the cart entered the first tunnel, Gil calls forth a light by which to see, causing his orb to glow brightly.

Taking a particularly sharp turn far too fast, and immediately falling into a steep drop, Gil lost control of the cart! Luckily a runoff point had been installed by whomever had operated the mine before! As the parties cart climbed the steep upward slope of the runoff point, Gil focused all his energy on holding his mage hand tight. The cart crept to a slow stop, the mage hand holding momentum back for a slight moment, and then the cart began to slide back toward the runoff point.

Inspired by Artemis' bravery and skill, Gil leaps from the cart. He rushes ahead, kneeling at the ground frame near the runoff point. The scholar looks back and shouts, Grab me as you pass! Releasing his mage hand, and watching the cart speed toward the junction.

As the cart hit the crossing, it sped back up the way the group had come. The cart once again, slowed down to a brief stop, and then began falling back toward the scholar and the runoff point. Gil pulled the levers on the gear box, and ran near the track holding his arm out, just in time for Lilli to catch his hand, and Artemis to grab his shoulder. The moment the two touched Gil, he burst into a cloud of shadow, reforming at their feet in the cart.

This time the cart passed by the runoff point, and sped down the main line. Gil reapplied the pressure of his mage hand, and the cart came back down to a manageable speed.

[sblock=OOC]

Roll Lookup

18 arcana fails mage hand to slow down (hit runoff point)

31 thievery (forgot +2 for main skill in roll) CRITICAL SUCCESS COUNTS FOR 2!!!!

using shadow step for dramatic effect.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: I don't think I need to roll anything, do I?

"You, kind Sirs, are absolute heroes! I don't think a party of dwarves could have done any better."

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As rocks fall all around you, the train of carts swings tightly around corners and rockets towards the exit. Miraculously, not only are you all firmly seated, no more than bruised, but you didn't even spill a single nugget of silver ore.

Until you hit the tunnel and find yourself sailing through the air. There's a sickening lurch in your stomach as the world twists around you, and instead of running horizontally the tunnel is suddenly vertical. Ahead you see a dark circle spattered with stars rapidly approaching - but the cart begins to slow as gravity pulls it back down the track, leeching its speed. For a minute you think you're not going to make it, and picture yourself tumbling backwards down into the underworld.

And then suddenly the walls on either side are gone, and the carts burst out of the same hole that you fell into ages ago, spilling you - and a cartful of silver - out into a heap on the top of Stargazer Hill.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli rolls away from the cart and lets the momentum carry her downwards, away from the hole. She lies there resting a while, luxoriating in the deeper folds of the soft moss and breathing in the sweet scent of the nearby woodlands.

"By the Stars," Lilli says, looking up at the sky, "I'm ever so glad to be here again. I've got a little unfinished business with this place. Thats is, when I can be bothered to get up."

[sblock=actions, ministats and request] Lilli spends her last healing surge.

Lilli.

Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:15, Fort: 11, Reflex: 15, Will: 15.
HP: 18/22, Bloodied: 11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 0/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers (used)
Conditions: None.

Quick Question JC: Is there a chance Lilli's hit level 2? Because I've got a feat in mind I'd like to her to use and this seems like a grand place to aquire it, if you don't mind Stargazer Hill being able to transport things from other places (I'm thinking of Find Familiar and Arcadia here). [/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"I'm ever so glad to be here again. I've got a little unfinished business with this place. Thats is, when I can be bothered to get up."

raceportshardmind.png

Assuming it's the same place. It looks similar enough to make the reasonable assumption it is, though.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION]: Just finished figuring out the XP - you sure did hit level 2! Go ahead and use your feat.

If you're finding familiar, please just post the action you take, don't post the familiar responding. I want to do that. <evil grin> (Let me know exactly what you're summoning.)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases