[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Predictably, as soon as Lilli says, "overreact," 7 Rabbit lets out a hysterical shriek and jumps three feet in the air, flinging the spider into the grass. It hisses at him, sounding almost like a cat, and scuttles over to nuzzle against Lilli's leg.

Farmer Bob also shrieks, and dives off to hide behind the overturned cart.

Neil1889

First Post
"Dearest Lotte, let us go on once more together; settle down my old friend."

Lilli beckons the furry green-coloured spider into her arms, it springs into them and nuzzles again against her face before suddenly turning transparent and scuttling around to her back, hanging there around the top of her pack, occasionally shifting around onto her front and peering around at the rest of the party.

Someone

Adventurer
"You look a little roughed up. What was down there?"

"That question would need a long explanation. Succintly put, however, Artemis' old patron didn't agree with his decision of changing mentors, and we had to settle the dispute quite unamicably."

raceportshardmind.png

"Actually the fact of one spider riding a rabbit had some dissonant quality which merited certain comedic value"

"In any case, what comes next? Do you still want to continue with the ritual, Artemis? Though I must add that we're one witness short. Unless the spider counts."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Patron?" 7 Rabbit steps up to Artemis and peers into his eyes, switching his gaze from one eye to the other. "Yes, I can feel that a shadow has lifted from you... You seem a lot more open.

Do something for me. Close your eyes and focus on the sky overhead. Feel it opening out into limitless distance. Feel yourself floating up through the top of your skull into that distance. Feel the sea of night all around you... Then, don't actually move, but imagine you're opening your eyes.

Can you see the stars?"

CaBaNa

First Post
Overwhelmed with a surreal feeling, Gil watches the events unfold, his gaze drifting between the group and the sky. He chuckles softly at Bob and 7 Rabbits expense, and continues to rest, having been calmed by Lilli's song.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis slowly stands and closes his eyes as 7 Rabbit directed. He lets himself go into the night, then with his eyes closed, gazes upward.

"Amazing! I've never seen the stars burn with such fire. It's like looking on the night sky for the first time."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
One of the stars burns brighter than the others. It feels almost as if it's drawing nearer. Closer and closer, although it doesn't get any larger, until it's filling all of Artemis' consciousness. It feels like a huge eye staring at him from an inconceivable distance away. He feels naked under its gaze - it can see every corner of his soul. And it likes what it sees. Artemis slowly comes to understand that the vast intelligence is pleased with him, and although he may never approach it this closely again, still it will subtly alter the courses of fate in his favour.

Suddenly he finds himself standing on the hilltop again. The stars are only stars. 7 Rabbit is grinning wildly at him. "Welcome to the pact, brother!"

[sblock=Congrats]
End of adventure! I'll post XP and treasure rewards this evening, or on the weekend if I don't get time until then.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil is filled with relief, and smiles from ear to ear! Excellent! Lilli, calls the enthusiastic scholar, May I? asks the wizard, holding his hand out, making petting gestures.

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

"Why insisting on looking for power beyond yourself? The potential of your mind dwarfs the distances between stars, yet you choose to remain beholden to outside forces."

Neil1889

First Post
Gil is filled with relief, and smiles from ear to ear! Excellent! Lilli, calls the enthusiastic scholar, May I? asks the wizard, holding his hand out, making petting gestures.

"Lotte, this is Gil, he's a friend. Gil, Lotte is an Arcadian Spirit Spider; I've found whilst she can be affectionate to others, she doesn't like her bristles being disturbed by others. In short, she might pet you, but the best way physically show affection to her is to gently rub her fang. I'm not sure that either she or yourself would be ready for that. She might be more open to that while she's passive, like she is now, but I'm not sure you'd notice. She would, though."

Remove ads