[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Since that was pretty complex, here's an updated map.

Should I drop the maps to about 2/3 the size? I like having them nice and big so I don't have to strain my eyes, but I could see how they might be annoying.

OOC: Not neccesarily smaller, but less resolution would be welcome. They weight a lot and for some reason my connection doesn't allow me to see or download the whole pictures, and would take a lot of time to show them even if it could.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Karma]
Can you post some flavour text along with your actions?
[/sblock]

Farmer Bob looks askance at the rope. "Trees, ya. Ropes wit' no hand-holds? Not so much." He makes a hesitant step towards the rope, but freezes with one hand on the wall, afraid to budge from its shelter.

Then a ghoul explodes out of the shadows, jaws gaping in a silent snarl. Quick as a flash, Bob leaps for the rope and pulls himself up hand over hand. When he reaches the top, he wraps both arms and legs around the rope and clings for dear life, looking down at the combat below him and rotating slowly.

The ghoul charges at Artemis, shaking off shadows that grab at its limbs, and grabs his arm to drag him closer to its jaws. Artemis rips his arm from the ghoul's grasp, leaving deep red welts where its venomous claws sunk in. The wound stings horribly and he feels his limbs stiffening as the poison courses through his body, rooting him to the spot.

The billowing shadow rolls forward to engulf the ghoul again, but its mate shuffles out sideways and pulls itself completely free of them. The second ghoul gives a barking laugh of triumph. It bares its fangs at Artemis, revealing gums that have shrunken back to leave its teeth horribly prominant, and licks its lips with a horrible half-rotted tongue. It grabs at the immobilized Artemis, who is unable to dodge away, and stretches its gaping jaws towards his face...

With a terrible screech of pain, a bug the size of a fist splurges out of the wall of caustic acid, followed by another. In their death throws the two insects spatter acid over the ghoul. It howls and falls back, clawing at its skin where the acid has begun to dissolve it. The ghoul rakes chunks of flesh off of its own bones to leave them splattered on the ground, slowly dissolving, and stands there panting and snarling.

As the two insects screech their death, another pair of insects responds and comes rushing out of a crack in the far wall. They skitter around the room in a panic, chittering in fear. Their screams are answered by an angry HISS from behind, and a line of sticky web shoots out of the darkness at Lilli. The filament wraps itself around her, binding her arms to her sides and sticking her to the rock wall behind her. Her clothes begin to smoke where the filament touches them and she realizes it is coated in some sort of acid.

Tracing the filament back to its source reveals a larger insect clinging to a far wall. It's carapace is mottled with dark grey and black spots, giving it a superior camouflage that was broken only as it attacked to draw attention from its threatened children. The mother bug shakes its proboscis and the end of the acidic line drops to the floor. It scuttles away along the wall until it's placed a pillar between itself and the threatening humanoids.

Beyond the patch of roiling shadow, a third ghoul paces restlessly, waiting for its chance to feed.

[sblock=NPC Actions]
PC's turns:
Ghoul 1 takes 20 damage from Grasping Shadows, and is bloodied. It is slowed until the end of Gil's next turn.
Ghoul 2 takes 8 damage from Grasping Shadows. It is slowed until the end of Gil's next turn.
Ghoul 2 takes 5 damage from Sacred Flame.

Ghoul 1:
Standard: charges Artemis (Ghoul 1 attacks Artemis (+2 for charging) (1d20+9+2=24, 1d6+3=7)), hitting for 7 damage and Artemis is immobilized (save ends).

Ghoul 2:
Start of turn: takes 12 acid damage from Caustic Rampart (acid damage on Ghoul 2 (1d6+6=12)), and is bloodied.
Move: Shift to M6
Standard: attack Artemis with Ghoulish Bite (target must be immobilized, stunned or unconscious: bite at Artemis (1d20+7=10, 3d6+3=11)), missing.

Ghoul 3:
Move: Move to Q4

Cave Fisher Spawn 1:
Takes 12 damage from Caustic Ramparts, dies (acid damage on Cave Fisher Spawn 1 and 2 (1d6+6=12, 1d6+6=11))

Cave Fisher Spawn 2:
Takes 11 damage from Caustic Ramparts, dies (acid damage on Cave Fisher Spawn 1 and 2 (1d6+6=12, 1d6+6=11))

Cave Fisher Spawn 3:
Move+Standard: Double move from S2 to R9

Cave Fisher Spawn 4:
Move: Move from S1 to U3

Cave Fisher Spiker:
Passive perception of 12 beats Lilli's Stealth roll
Standard: Attack Lilli with Filament Wrap (Filament Wrap at Lilli (+2 from CA due to Stealth) (1d20+7+2=21)), hits. Lilli takes 5 ongoing damage and is immobilized (save ends). Spiker loses Stealth.
Move: spider climb to E2, where it has partial cover from Lilli, superior cover from Bob, Karma and Shale, and is out of line-of-sight from Lilli, Gil and Artemis, and makes another Hide check: Stealth (-5 for moving more than 2 squares) (1d20+4-5=1). Wow.

Farmer Bob:
Move: move to K8
Standard: attempt to climb the rope: Athletics (1d20+2=13). Success (DC was 12). Bob is now at the top of the rope, 10' above the floor.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Farmer Bob: AC 1516, Fort 13, Reflex 11, Will 11
Ghouls: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex 17, Will 14
Cave Fisher Spawn: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will ??
Cave Fisher Spiker: AC ??, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will ??
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Artemis: 23/29 hp, 7/7 surges, immobilized (save ends)
Lilli: 20/22 hp, 6/7 surges, immobilized and taking 5 ongoing damage (save ends both)
Gil: 25/26 hp, 7/7 surges
Shale: 31/33 hp, 6/7 surges
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges

Ghoul 1: 20 damage taken. Bloodied. Slowed until end of Gil's next turn.
Ghoul 2: 25 damage taken. Bloodied. Slowed until end of Gil's next turn.
Ghoul 3: 0 damage taken
Cave Fisher Spawn 1: 12 damage taken, dead
Cave Fisher Spawn 2: 11 damage taken, dead
Cave Fisher Spawn 3: 0 damage taken
Cave Fisher Spawn 4: 0 damage taken
Cave Fisher Spiker: 0 damage taken, hidden with stealth 1
[/sblock]

External Map Link
[sblock=Map]
The green is the Caustic Rampart. Grey is Grasping Shadows. Yellow is the rope.

t5r3t3.png

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil continues coaxing the acid forth, the caustic slime on the floor deepening. He smiles when the bugs fly from their acid filled crevice, and think quickly before their death screams fade.

The wizard altered his gestures away from illusion allowing the shadows to begin fading, and shifted instead to harnessing the death-wails. Amplifying the sound until it was visible in the air, undulating, rippling through the cave. The screams wrap around Artemis, providing a barrier to physical assault, and then EXPLODE toward the ghoul outside of the shadows.

The sound-waves blast pieces of flesh into the cloud of acid, where they sizzle and disappear mid-air. The pulse picks up the ghoul and throws it backward and upside down into the shadows. They grab and rip at the ghouls flesh, as it lay crumpled in the puddle of caustic rock sludge, and then slowly fade away.

Great job Bob! Lilli you're next, get over here! Shouts Gil, shifting under Bob, in case of a fall. I got you Bob! Look before you climb out there, make sure its safe!

[sblock=OOC]

Minor sustain [sblock=Caustic Rampart]
Caustic Rampart, area wall 5 within 10, 2 squares high at L3, one square high at L4, L5, M5.
Effect:
Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh conjures a wall of acidic fumes. The wall can be up to 2 squares high and must rest on a solid surface, and it lasts until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn. The wall is difficult terrain and it's squares are lightly obscured. Any creature that starts it's turn within the wall or adjacent to it takes acid damage equal to 1d6+6 acid damage.

[/sblock]
Roll Lookup

Standard Thundering Armor on Artemis, he gains +1 power bonus to AC TE of Gil's NT.
Secondary attack on Ghoul 2
27 vs Fort
14 thunder damage
Push Ghoul 2, 1 square to N5, 5 psychic and is slowed, starts turn adjacent to wall again for 1d6+6.

Move shift K8

Grasping Shadows end, slow ends on ghoul 1.

Gil's rolls are on fire!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat, Gil will use Moonstride if an enemy moves adjacent.]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 26/27 Surges 7/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The claws rake into his arm, poison seeping into his blood.

Artemis's eyes flare, dark energy swirls around ghoul. He feels the stiffness in his joints but fights through the stiffness and swings the heavy iron rod into the ghoul who injured him.

The force of the eldritch blow pushes the ghoul back toward the acidic gases.

"Nice job, Gil! Keep it up! Lilli, Shale, can you keep the bugs occupied for a sec?"

Artemis is unable to shake the stiffness from the poison.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Warlock's Curse: Ghoul 1
Standard: Eldritch Strike: Ghoul 1: 1d20+8, 1d8+5+1d6 → ([11, 8], [2, 5, 5]) Roll Lookup . Hit AC 19 for 12 damage. Slide ghoul to N6. It will start next to the rampart. (If I hit.)
Save: 1d20 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup Fail :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 2
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
Defenses: AC: 17, For: 17, Ref: 18, Will: 17
HP: 23/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge value: 7, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers:
Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura
Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Aid the Injured
Lead by Example[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
The ghouls' simple minds are easy to manipulate. Misdirecting their hunger into desire of keeping all the prey for himself, Shale forces one of them jump backwards and attack savagely the remaining undead.

[sblock] standard action: Betrayal on Ghoul 1, spending 2 power points, hit. Slide him to P4 and attack Ghoul 3 with whatever melee basic attack it has -EDIT: also with +3 bonus to hit and damage, so he should hit AC 18- then become Dazed until end of next round. I know you were sliding him there to make him taking damage from the rampart, but I think this is more effective.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Shale Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 1, Power points: 2/4, Second Wind: Used

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item)
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I was stil sleepy when I typed my post and seems I didn't though it well. Would you mind if I change it somewhat?

[sblock=Corrected post]Minor action: Shove Ghoul 1 to M5 using Forceful Push, no roll needed. Standard action: Betrayal on Ghoul 3, spending 2 power points, hit Will 17. Slide him to N5 and attack Ghoul 1 with his melee basic attack, and also with +3 bonus to hit and damage; if an attack roll of 18 hits, it should deal 8 points of damage to ghoul 1 and immobilize him, save ends. Ghoul 3 is also dazed because of the power's effects.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases