Two Dozen Dangers: Curses

Endzeitgeist

First Post
This pdf is 5 pages long, 1 page SRD, the first page also features a ToC.

The book, as one would expect, contains 24 curses for your perusal. As a DM, I love colorful curses to punish PCs, as I enjoy the poetic justice that is more personal than PC-death.
The curses herein range from minor nuisances to crippling, divine punishment (although the DC for the latter is too low in my opinion) and they all serve their purposes – the writing of the fluff serves to enhance the usability and the fluff has some inbuilt examples on how to acquire the curse.

I liked all of the curses, although I disagree with some of the DCs, which I consider generally to be too low – as written, the hardest save is DC 25 for the curse to punish for cannibalism, which is btw. Higher than the divine curse.

There are some problems, though: The book could have used another pass at editing and formatting: The ToC lists “Diseases” instead of “Curses”. The last curse mentions both the abbreviation “WIS damage” and “charisma damage”, which should be wisdom damage in concordance with the rest of the pdf. The divine curse can only be healed by a lvl 20 cleric of the deity casting bestow curse, which I’m pretty sure should read remove curse etc.

Conclusion:
The price-tag is low and the one piece b/w-art, albeit unrelated to the topic, is also nice. Once again, the content is quite cool, but the problems with formatting and editing, especially obvious problems like the ones I mentioned, keep this pdf from getting an all-out recommendation. My final verdict will be 3 stars due to the low price tag, add a star if you don’t mind typos and problems like the ones I mentioned, detract a star if they bug you as much as they bug me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases