Airwalkrr's 4e Game OOC - Suspended Indefinitely

Walking Dad

First Post
From the IC thread:

and he'd mentioned a job his arcanely-talented brother knew about that might need someone of her skills.

With this already established (Erik knows the possible adventure), I need some clue from airwalkrr before I can make my first IC post.

drothgery

First Post
From the IC thread:

With this already established (Erik knows the possible adventure), I need some clue from airwalkrr before I can make my first IC post.

My thinking was actually that the adventure that we're looking for now is our group's second or third together, not our first (despite the fact that for game mechanics purposes, we have no XP). I've edited my post to make this more clear.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
drothgery: I was thinking that your character might have served a tour of duty for the army of the Republic of Berandal. Belind is the capital and largest city in the country. The other major country is the Johak Empire, but that would be a less friendly place of origin. In either case your tour of duty (~2 years) was uneventful. There haven't been any major wars in the last five years. There is the constant threat of invasion by the Empire of Johak or "preemptive strike" by the Republic of Berandal, but other than minor skirmishes, the borders are stable for now.

Walking Dad: Your group knows each other. How well is completely up to you. You may have done some "adventures" together, but nothing substantial. Regarding drothgery's post about Lia's "arcane-talented brother," I actually assumed drothgery meant Lia's actual brother (which couldn't be Erik, him being human). But either way, none of your characters know of a specific job. You went to Macea because it is a frontier, and the ideal place to look for adventures.

wolfattack: In your character's case, you have no idea where your long lost love might have gone, but you heard a rumor she went west after the battle in which she turned to Bane. You grouped up with the others because they were also headed west. Macea seems as good a place to start looking as any other.

Voda Vosa

First Post
WD: Alright, quick points to make a more elaborated background. I think Erik and Petron should be twins. I'll be fun
Mayor points: Both grew up in a rural area. Petron stayed home while Erik went to wizard school. Both joined the army afterwards after their adventorous wishes were spoiled. Erik found this new contact, and as their army terms expired, they joined with Lia and Krawlinstar, in the hopes that this time, more experienced and with more arms, their search for glory would find purchase.

Petron's tale:

When Erik went to the wizard's school, Petron spent his time on the farm, working the land, and learning the craft of his father. He never had the mind awareness of his brother, and thus could not follow him to the wizard's school. However, farm work was also not for Petron. He son get bored with that life, and decided to start a warrior's life, like his uncle did. With his savings, he bought an battleaxe. Armed with that, the soon-to-be warrior wandered around the rural area looking for a job suited to his new set of skill. Working the land surely gave him the muscles he needed, but coordination was everything for a warrior, he had to "think quick" as his brother did. A couple of years as thug, pursing local thieves, even trying to drive off a small band of goblins, gave Petron the profile and skill he needed to look for adventure! And also, Erik was about to finish his studies. As they were twins, thinking alike was a matter of fact for the Apeldan brothers, and soon both sought to find glory and wealth following the path of adventure. However, their lack of experience and the pure misfortune almost get them both killed in the lair of a powerful monster, in the outskirts of the capital city.
The army offered quick a good chance for the brothers to make money and train their skills and so both joined.

You get to type your time in the school and the end part when our characters meet Lia and Krawlinstar and head to the Rushing Boar.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases