Master of Nine expansion?

m0dredus

Explorer
Hey all, I've recently been looking into the Master of Nine prestige class from BoNS. My problem is one many have posted on before me: "I want a character that has the level 9 maneuvers of each discipline." Though instead of taking a bunch of multiclasses, prestige classes, bloodlines, magic items that grant prereqs, and the like, id like to try just expanding the durration of the Mo9 class itself, to 10 levels. Fluff-wise it makes sense. After beginning his broadening of horizons, and learning from all nine disciplines, why would a Mo9 ever go back to only learning from... say six of the disciplines again?

Story justification aside, I'm trying to think of things to fill up the other levels, of course avoiding over/under powering and the like. So ill list what I've got going right now, and hopefully you guys could help out.

I'm thinking id space out some of the abilities of the class that are already existing, and maybe make some of them progress with leveling up. Such as the one that raises the DC of saves against his strikes, and whatnot. Also maybe give some bonus feats having to do with the discipline specific feats, such as Iron Heart Aura, Unnerving Calm etc. Also maybe an ability that allows him to consider all weapons as discipline weapons. Such than he could use a Longsword for the Shadowblade feat.

So what do you guys think? Id love to have a concrete progression mapped out sometime soon, complete with any suggestions from you all. Thanks =)

Ps. I posted this from my phone, so proofreading is near-impossible, sorry =/

Last edited:

Mantuga

First Post
I agree that Mo9 seems to be a bit lackluster in the end and could use a little sprucing up. I would love to help bring this prestige class up a little bit, so if you are still interested in doing it, let the brainstorming begin.

Arkhandus

First Post
Hmm......

Level 6: Perfect Form +2
Level 7: Dual Boost 1/day (as per swordsage but less often)
Level 8: Dual Counter 1/day (may initiate 2 Counters simultaneously)
Level 9: Boost Stance (may change Stance when initiating a Boost), Perfect Form +3
Level 10: Dual Strike 1/day (simultaneously initiate 2 Strikes from different disciplines that have the same initiation action, but their total maneuver levels cannot exceed 9th, may have different targets or areas)

Dual Stance rounds per day, base stats, maneuvers known, maneuvers readied, and stances known would advance as normal. It's already a strong prestige class given how effective the martial adept classes are to begin with, and Master of Nine advances maneuvers known/readied and stances known faster than any other.

Edit: Didn't notice that, myself......I never check the date of a post before responding. D'oh. :) Though to be fair, the original post was only around 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases